on 13 October 2013
This is the second pair I have ordered but they don't seem as effective as the last pair. However, it could be that my eyes have changed. I found them very good for reducing strain when using the computer all day before.
VINE VOICEon 9 December 2014
I've never needed glasses (and still don't) - But periodically would suffer debilitating headaches. A bit of research suggested it was eye strain (A common symptom that comes with it is nausea and a sore neck - if you get the same, these might help)

To cut to the punchline - Since using these, such ailments have all but disappeared

Compared to anti-glare screens for your monitor, or anti-glare filters on prescription glasses - These are an insanely cheaper alternative and a good way to test if eye strain is indeed the problem. Now I will stress: These ARE cheap (what do you expect for that price?) - the frames are plastic and it's a universal design... so don't expect the height of fashion perfectly measured to your face (I just got lucky where my face is slim, so they suited it). That said, in time of writing, they no longer seem to have the go-faster stripes... which is a welcome change. Now, you'll need to take extra care with the plastic handles (my first set broke after a few months) so...

1. Get yourself a good hard glasses case if you're taking them anywhere
2. The size is generic (if small), so when you first get them, gently try to put them on your face. If you feel the handles being pushed out, very gently bend the metal bridge in the centre (which rests on your nose) to angle out the handles more. You ideally don't want any outward pressure, as they won't last long otherwise
3. Finally, when you use them, don't try and CSI-Miami-it-up by stylishly removing them with one hand... trust me, my swagger bit me on that one

Used with care, my second set are now well into their second year with no problems

The only thing to beware of is strong lighting. If hit at the wrong angle, the anti-glare filter will sometimes create a glare itself. So be careful and still try to block out low sunlight if possible

The main thing to bear in mind - These are no substitute for good working conditions. They're not a magic set of glasses that will instantly block all glare from your eyes. So even if you use this, still keep eye drops handy, your room well lit, and adjust your monitor contrast if possible (if you can hit the colour settings: turn down the blue. You're on the right path if the screen gets a light golden tint to it)

Ultimately, they're cheap and cheerful... But used carefully, have dramatically cut down the number of headaches I've had to next-to-nothing. That alone makes them well worth the cost in my eyes (awful pun not intended, but I'm keeping it there as I'm a terrible human being)

Peace
on 12 May 2014
the glasses came very quickly and are really good for using when in front of computer/tv screens for a long period of time as they are built to help your eyes from straining when prolonged exposure to computers on a daily basis are required

only worry with these glasses are the fact that the frame is very delicate and seem to bend very very very easily

otherwise an overall good product to use
on 3 April 2013
Like you I read a lot of reviews before buying these. My opthalmologist said that glare was quite a common problem while driving in the night and I don't require prescription glasses. The problem was that I used to get a headache after driving for an hour or so. So I just decided to give it a try and order these glasses - they are great! The headaches are gone and I've been doing a lot of night driving. I DON"T particularly use these for computer reading/working. I spend most of my 'day' time on the computer and I haven't had any issues with that.

However, the glasses aren't the best quality. I've seen better, but for just using during a few hours while driving in the night I think they're great.
on 11 November 2010
These glasses do what they are supposed to, as i now don't get any headaches while using my computer, recommended.
on 27 November 2014
Bought these for my wife, she was getting nervous driving at night with the oncoming car headlights dazzling her, especially those new very bright ones. After using them on a two hour trip she regained a lot more confidence and so was able to relax more, making her night driving safer.
on 14 December 2010
excellent quality for the price, they really do help when using a computer for long periods. eyes feel less tired.I hav also noticed my eyes are less red than normal.

very happy with this item.
on 24 February 2012
it looks simple, seems to suit anyone.. and works just great!

working and studying means sitting in front of computer all the time, but as long as i have these glasses on my eyes do not hurt, also helps me when driving at night, so highly recommend it...
on 13 February 2010
Because is spend a lot of time with computer and my eyes are very tired in the end of the day I decided to buy these glasses. They are great. Stylish, very lightweight. It is not a problem for me any more to read something from the monitor. Would recommend to everyone.
on 28 April 2011
Yes, I think the glasses do help to protect the eyes.

The legs or arms of the glasses are cheap black plastic with two white stripes running down them, that cannot be seen in the photograph.

I prefer the glasses to be all black in colour.

Three small spot of anti-glare and a small scratch is visible when held close to window-light.

But, it's worth the money!

See one answered question