5.0 out of 5 stars The best on the market
Published on 3 Aug 2010 by The Powells

3.0 out of 5 stars Photography Backpack
Acepts a DSLR with telephoto lens fitted and three other lenses. Also Speedlight and other bits. Is relatively small and is carried on your shoulders. It does not have a waist strap which would help as all the weight is carried high on your shoulders via the shoulder straps. I have not used it over a long period but initial impressions are that comfort can become an...
Published on 3 Feb 2011 by Mr. John Crowland

5.0 out of 5 stars The best on the market, 3 Aug 2010
This review is from: Lowepro Pro Runner 450 AW Photo Backpack (Electronics)
As you know, there are hundreds of this type of camera bag/backpack on the market and buying something on the internet is always difficult when you can only see photos of the item and not the item itself. However, after many hours of searching for a camera bag to carry a Nikon D200 camera with a 300mm 2.8 lens attached, together with all the accessories, I decided to purchase this particular model. I was not disappointed and neither will you be if you decide on this one.

The backpack is strong, yet lightweight and is exceptionally well made.

As usual, delivery from Amazon was amazing - even to rural France.

I thoroughly recommend both Amazon and the Pro Runner 450AW.

4.0 out of 5 stars Top Backpack for pro DSLR gear, 3 Nov 2011
J. Whitfield (durham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lowepro Pro Runner 450 AW Photo Backpack (Electronics)
I was currently hauling 2 bags around on my photo outings so decided I needed one bag to do the job. First looked at Canon bag and lowpro 350AW but decided they may not be large enough. I was also looking for a bag that I could carry as hand luggage on trips abroad. I settled on the 450AW. As always with Amazon the bag arrived within a couple of days. The box it came in was huge and when I opened the box my first impressions were that the bag was way too large, but on loading up my equipment I found it was just the right size with enough room left over for a few more lenses when my budget improves it's health. So far the bag is holding the following with ease - canon 550d with batterry grip and attached 70 - 200 f4 lens, a second canon 550d with battery grip with attached sigma 17 - 70 lens, canon 430ex speedlight, 2 x canon battery chargers, 1 x A4 battery charger, canon 50 1.8 lens, ball and socket mount for tripod/monopod, lens cleaning gear, pocket book on photography, pens, pencils and memory cards. There is still enough large and small storage places for other items. I haven't tried accomodating my laptop as yet but I normally carry that seperatetly anyway. The only downside to the bag is that it definately will not pass the size test to take on board low budget airlines for eg easy jet, ryanair etc. It may be allowed on board a long haul flight with a larger airline. I guess I can live with this downside. It's not often I travel abroad and when I do I normally prioritise what I take which is normally one camera with one lens. The bag is well padded and will protect your gear through drops, bumps amd scrapes. Overall I would thoroughly recommend this bag to a photographer with a lot of gear. Just be wary of the size and weight!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sized bag, 28 Feb 2011
This review is from: Lowepro Pro Runner 450 AW Photo Backpack (Electronics)
This bag was far bigger then I had ever expected, and at first I thought I would be sending it back, but it's quickly become my most used Lowepro bag!

Here's what I have inside, and still have room for more

Nikon D90 + battery grip
70-300mm lens (quite long + large)
18-700mm lens
85mm lens
50mm lens
SB600
SB28
2x Yuonguno flashguns
Cybersyncs
Flash gels
Whole Honl kit (all grids and snoots etc)
umbrella stand adapters
28LED torch
Ball ties
about 20 batteries
Laptop
Lots of different adapters and little bits and pieces!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lowepro Pro Runner 450AW Backpack, 8 July 2010
B. T. Truman "Trooper" (Staffordshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lowepro Pro Runner 450 AW Photo Backpack (Electronics)
Excellent backpack for the Pro type camera with battery pack fitted such as the Nikon D700 or Canon EOS 5D. Do not buy if you want a bag for the smaller consumer cameras such as the canon 450D etc as it will be far too deep.
Very well paded and loads of room to fit your additional lenses, filters, flashgun and another camera body. Shoulder straps and waist strap are nice and wide and extremely well paded for extra comfort. They do make the bag quite bulky though so be aware of this as some airlines may not allow it to be used as carry on luggage.Can well recommend as it affords loads of protection for your valuable gear and is really comfortable and at a very affordable price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Light yet comfortable, 8 Jun 2010
M. Price (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Upon unpacking the rucksack I have to say I was initially sceptical on the build of the bag for supporting weight in any shape or form with the regards of spreading the weight comfortably. This upon trying out the bag with a 1Ds III and several L lenses in there seemed to site very comfortably indeed, albeit not as comfortable as the Vertex 200AW I purchased last year but managed exceptionally well for what looks to be a basic rucksack on the outside...

With regards to packing cameras inside it is a fair old size and will carry alot of kit although I would say if your gonna start to carry this amount of kit this bag will hold probably best to go down the lines of the Vertex, this style of bag would probably be best at a maximum size of 200. It does have plenty of nooks and crannies to store everything in the usual LowePro fashion with fantastic zip quality and design structure to boot.

LowePro is a functional fantastic piece of kit that I would reccomend every time, the first time you look at buying any of the big name bags from LowePro, Billingham etc you would be allowed to think they are a tad pricey for a bag but upon using one for a couple of years you'll soon see they don;t fall to peices and this one is no exception to that rule.

In short a lovely light weight rucksack that carries a fair amount of kit, suited for both men and women and will last a very long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent large camera back-pack that holds everything!, 1 Nov 2011
F. Riley (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lowepro Pro Runner 450 AW Photo Backpack (Electronics)
I bought this because my existing Lowepro ProRunner 200AW wasn't large enough to hold everything. Be aware the 450AW is BIG! It holds my Canon 5D with attached battery holder, a 24-105mm lens, 100- 400mm lens (extended if necessary) and a 16-35mm lens. There's also space for my filters, flash gun and lens hoods. There's a space for a 15in laptop next to your back in a zipped pocket although I haven't used that yet. I'm a landscape photographer and I need the bag to also carry a full-sized Gitzo tripod. I was worried that it was going to be difficult to carry all the weight (loaded up it weighs over 13kg!) but it is surprisingly comfortable to use and feels like a top-end rucksack. There are numerous points to adjust straps and the hip and chest belts help keep the load balanced. The inside is well padded and the adjustable pockets hold things securely. The tripod is held securely by a strong, hard pocket at the base (removable if necessary) and three straps. I had to use the attached rain cover and it remained waterproof. It remained comfortable even after being worn for 8 hours along the ups and downs of the SW Coastal Path. Any dis-advantages? Because of its size I'm not sure how it would get by as carry-on luggage on a plane- from the measurements alone it is too bulky for some of the budget carriers.
Overall, it is expensive but it is a quality piece of kit and all I need to hold all my kit. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect smaller backpack for camera and 2 lenses, 17 July 2013
Island Girl (Isle of Wight, U.K) - See all my reviews
I already own the larger version of this bag, but I wanted something smaller to carry just my camera body with 2 lenses, a monopod, spare battery and mobile phone. And maybe a bottle of water!

Having read some of the reviews, I was a little nervous it would not be deep enough, but it is enough for my large Canon 5D Mark III, I am very pleased to say. I don't have a battery grip attached.

I like the quality of Lowepro bags, and know from experience that they are a good company to deal with. I like that it has a waterproof cover and waist and chest straps too, though I'm not sure if I'll need them.
I'm very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good mid-size camera bag, 23 Dec 2013
I have used this bag for more than a year now and find it a great success. It will take an SLR and 70-200 or my 180 macro lens together with two further lenses. I have a larger Lowepro bag, but this is more suitable when walking any distance. I have found that it also accommodates a 350ml vacuum flask which comes in handy. The Lowepro quality of construction is good as usual. I have just bought a second one as a present.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suitable for medium to large DSLR systems, 21 Jun 2012
Andy_atGC (London UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I had ordered this after a lengthy discussion with a dealer, intending it for a growing micro four thirds system. However, it is not really suited for that as is is far too large as the bodies and lenses are rather smaller and slimmer, in the main, than those for DSLRs and they would look lost in this.

I own and use other LowePro bags and they are well constructed and light when empty. The straps are very strong and many of the larger versions have a variety of additions to aid comfort or provide additional security whilst being carried.

This bag is large enough for two bodies, probably with mounted lenses, plus at least four others and a flash and various other accessories. There are a couple of small pockets for SD cards and such and possibly a spare battery. However, it is not really suited for action photography as you cannot reach in and choose another lens if the bag is worn on the back as intended. To do that, you need to remove the bag and lay it down somewhere, not the most convenient way of working or always possible. But for transporting a large system, it would be ideal. You could leave it in the boot of a car and return to it for a needed lens etc.

Many of the dividers are removable so you can adjust the sections to fit your own equipment and, in the event that you change or upgrade parts of your system, the bag need not be discarded.

LowePro bags generally offer pretty good all-round protection for your equipment against normal knocks and bumps but not for the more severe impacts. In comparison to many competing products, they offer a similar or higher level of protection and capacity but are less expensive. In terms of value for money, they are probably unsurpassed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good solid performing bag for someone with a fair bit of kit!, 12 April 2012
Chris (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Over the last 10 years my interest in photography has grown steadily, as has my collection of equipment. Initially I started off with small bags that could accommodate just my camera and a few accessories. Then I started to obtain extra lenses. I both needed something to store and protect my equipment in, as well as something I could comfortably transport it in. My main passion is wildlife photography, so the bag had to be comfy, durable, and weatherproof.

The answer was the Pro Runner 300AW bag. It's got a large main compartment, with lots of movable dividers. It's got side mesh pockets (a little tight for water bottles however), as well as a front zipped compartment (for flat accessories). It has a built in rain cover that stashes away on the bottom of the bag, which when stashed also helps provide a little extra padding. A useful feature is it has a cummerbund which can be tucked away into its only mini-compartments when not required. It's not a padded cummerbund or anything, but comes in handy for those times when a little extra stability is required.

The size of the bag is such that I can happily store a Canon 7D with 100-400mm EF L lens attached in it, with a 100mm macro lens, 24-105mm f4-5.6 L lens, 50mm lens, and 17-50mm lens inside, with a little room left over. The bag handles any combination of these lenses!

I also feel quite safe keepign my kit in the bag, and giving it a fair bit of abuse, as the padding is really good. It recently took all my camera equipment on a fieldtrip to Portugal and Spain, without any issue at all!

All in all I'd recommend this bag for anyone that is starting to get a lot of kit, but isn't quite ready for the larger (and more expensive) bags!

Lowepro Pro Runner 450 AW Photo Backpack