5.0 out of 5 stars great battery
I wanted a spare battery for my new DCR-SX45E Handycam.
As I'd previously been looking at Panasonic camcorders but was put off by the high cost of their replacement/spare batteries, I decided that 27 or so wasn't a bad price for a genuine Sony long life spare.
Published on 20 Sep 2011 by Mr. P. J. Beckett

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake battery - Not Sony
Published 2 months ago by R. Barclay

5.0 out of 5 stars great battery, 20 Sep 2011
Mr. P. J. Beckett (kings lynn) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony NPFV70 Battery for Handycam (Compatible with All Models) - Sony 6.8 V / 1960 mAh (Accessory)
I wanted a spare battery for my new DCR-SX45E Handycam.
The first time I used it I'd had a day out at an air show/ 40's day so found plenty to point my camcorder at. I had recorded about an hours worth, & I viewed it on the way home on the camcorders lcd screen, so after recording, then viewing about an hours worth of stuff, the indicator said the battery was still half charged, I think this thing could keep you going all day, great stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect accessory, 19 Nov 2010
This additional battery fits perfectly on the camcorder almost as if it was the original design. The stock item seems to be flat and doesn't use the space provided! Adds lots of life into your filming and you still have the original battery at hand should you flatten this beast. It seems to last a long time and was worth the money if recording time is important to you.

****update June 2013... The Battery has been well used and is still perfect - no complaints whatsoever ****

5.0 out of 5 stars The real thing at a copy price, 8 Dec 2011
Mr. Ali Cameron (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
When I needed some extra batteries I bought these on the basis of a copy but when they arrived they were identical in every respect to the Sony products normally sold at a much higher price. As far as I am concerned then these are the real thing and so far are performing like the original sold with the Sony camera. As such extraordinary value for money - even if they are genuine and B grade batteries. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it gets, 30 May 2010
It does what it says on the tin bigger battery longer filming time not to heavy excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultra capacity for my Cam!, 18 Feb 2013
The only bad thing for my SONY cam was the capacity of the default battery.

After buying this new battery I have never left out from battery in my cam and no "moments" are lost! ;-)

definitely would recommend this. even if it looks big the camera is so small that it is no matter... (lets dont forget old times cameras...)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 30 Jun 2010
Arrived very quickly well package works well as you would expect with a sony product although is pretty expensive for a battery but this was this best price i could find so cant complain

5.0 out of 5 stars A very handy accessory, 16 Dec 2012
The battery for my Sony Handicam has been dying for a long while, even when I charge it up if I leave it attached to the camera for any length of the life dwindles.

When I bought this for such a cheap price I thought I was getting another battery that lasted 120 minutes but was floored to find it was the 7 Hour one which is not clearly explained or else I'd think everyone would snap up this bargain. The battery has been amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have accessory for your handycam, 30 Jan 2013
First thing I bought. Nothing worse than running out of power half way through shooting, other brands are available, but I prefer to stick with a branded battery. I use this as my main battery and keep the one that shipped with my camcorder charged as a backup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery review, 7 Dec 2012
R. H. Paterson (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
Does exactly what is claimed and at a more reasonable price than official Sony outlets and not too heavy when in position

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake battery - Not Sony, 12 Jun 2014
R. Barclay - See all my reviews
Unfortunately this battery is a fake. I have several of these NP-FV70 all genuine direct from Sony and this one from Amazon is half the weight and the markings match all of the online reports for the fake China imports perfectly. Packaging and everything convincing until you pick it up and feel the weight of it and then start to examine the build quality and labelling. Very disappointing.