4.0 out of 5 stars Loewpro does it again...
I've had 3 Lowepro bags and wouldn't buy anything else. I bought this as a replacement for the 202AW as the 202AW doesn't allow me to pack away my 70-200 lens (either on or off the camera body) and I wanted to take this lens on a recent trip to New York.

Published on 3 May 2011 by George Stark

3.0 out of 5 stars quality but at one point
I like this bag all in all. But I can assure you that this bag has one weak point where the sling connects to the bag on the top. Mine was broken(partly, still usable) after 18 months of use. A friend of mine has the same bag, his broke after only 12 months. Anyone are buying it should be aware.
Published on 12 Aug. 2010 by chinesoul

3.0 out of 5 stars quality but at one point, 12 Aug. 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Loewpro does it again..., 3 May 2011
This review is from: Lowepro SlingShot 302 AW Photo Sling Pack (Electronics)

Having spent 6 days with this bag (lugging my 5D MKii, 24-105mm and 70-200mm all over the place), I can whole heartedly recommend it. In addition to my DSLR and 2 lenses, it also took my 430EX flash, 50mm lens, extra battery, flash diffuser, AND various other non-photography bits and pieces (I used it as hand luggage on the flight) such as my Archos 70 IT, headphones, small photography book ('The Photographer's Exposure Field Guide' by Michael Freeman), along with the various documentation needed for air travel (tickets, passports, etc.).

It is quite weighty when full of kit; with the above (just the camera stuff), mine weighed in at about 6.5Kg which is fine for carrying around but gets much less fine after lugging it around a city over a 6 day period...having said that, even then it's manageable as long as you spend time adjusting the various straps so they fit properly. I can't stress that enough!

During the trip, it even encountered one of the most ferocious downpours I can remember and as I'd managed to get the all-weather cover on in time, all my gear was 100% dry when it was over. This bag is a victim of its own capabilities...it's significantly bigger than the 202AW but then again, it has much more capacity and you can't have it both ways. If you just have a DSLR with lenses no bigger than the Canon 24-105 f4.0 L (which is my 'walkaround' lens), I'd stick with the 202AW but if you need space for a larger zoom such as the Canon 70-200mm f2.8 L, then the 302AW is the bag for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars D90 + 70-300VR : Tight fit, 11 Nov. 2010
I. Aksoy (London) - See all my reviews
I have just received this bag and i am amazed with the built quality of it. I was looking on amazon and other sites for a review of what can fit into it. For some reason i could not find any information about what size lenses are okay to fit.

I have recently purchased a Nikkor 70-300mm VR lens which is kind of a big one and my old Lowepro Rezo 160 simply became too small for my Nikon D90+ 70-300mm VR. I had to buy another bag and i made my decision through this amazing Lowepro bag. When you put Nikon D90+ 70-300mm VR into the bag it fits tightly. Not bad as there is still a tiny bit of space so you do not have to force your bag's zip. I have a tokina 11-16 and it is a large lens (accepts 77mm filters) which fits perfectly fine at 1 of 4 compartments which is located at a quick access part of the bag. There is plenty of space so what you want to carry simply depends on how long can you carry the weight. It feels lighter to carry the same items in this bag than carrying them in a shoulder bag(comparing to my Lowepro Rezo 160).

This bag has very nice bits and pieces that you will enjoy while discovering its features. It will be your ultimate bag wherever you go unless you are like Ken Rockwell and happy to carry 5 tonnes of equipment (you need a caravan)! Just joking, we all love him!

I hope this review will help you to make a decision, i bought mine from Amazon and it was delivered next day so 5 stars to Amazon (for the delivery) as well as the bag!

5.0 out of 5 stars Once you've used it several times, you'll wonder how you did without it, 16 Dec. 2010
I loved the idea of this camera bag (being able to sling out the camera at any moment), but wasn't sure how it would work in practice. I have to admit, the first few times I used it I found it uncomfortable and difficult. I kept forgetting which clasp to unhook and would end up with a bulky camera bag in my hands instead of the camera when I wanted it. But I kept using it, and suddenly after three or four journeys with it, everything clicked in and it is now one of the best pieces of kit I own. For doing wedding photography, or full photo shoots, an over-the-shoulder bag is fine. But if you're hiking, or going far distances, or expecting weather difficulties, this is the bag to have. I live in Scotland, where the weather is as changeable as you could imagine. I took this bag out to get some photos in the snow the other day - the sky was blue, the snow had stopped falling, everything was beautiful. Within ten minutes, the snow was pounding my face, the wind was driving at me, and I couldn't take a photo to save my life. I simply pulled out the all-weather cover, snapped it over the bag (takes two seconds), shifted the bag onto my back, and hiked back home. All my equipment was warm and dry and safe. I also walked for four hours in negative temperatures (-10 C at least) and my equipment never suffered. It's well insulated, with loads of little pockets and nooks and crannies for everything you need. I fit in two DSLR's (Canon 40D and 7D), a 70-200mm, 50mm prime, 10-20 wide angle, 24-70mm, two battery chargers, batteries, four memory cards, and a small water bottle. I wouldn't normally put that much kit in for a long journey, but it can handle it no problems. All the dividers are removeable so I organised it to suit myself. Took a few tries, but I've got it to a good place now. It's my new favourite bag! So if you're not sure, go for it anyway, and keep practicing. You'll be glad you did.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but make sure you pick a bag to suit your lifestyle, 19 Oct. 2010
This is a good bag that allows quick and easy access to your camera if you are going out for a couple of hours. The bag is big enough for your camera (my camera is the Nikon D3000) and accessories.

If you are going hiking or going out all day and need to carry around food and drinks, you should probably go for the larger bag 202 or 303. The 102 is too small for most drink bottles. I think it would be difficult to have a rucksack on your back for your personal stuff and this bag on the front all day.

I would say this is more of an "urban" bag. Overall good bag but I wish I had bought the bigger version!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 1 Aug. 2010
This is the best camera bag ever. Both my wife and I have these bags. My wife has the 100AW and I have the 202AW. They give easy and comfortable access to you camera whilst you are on the move. Whether you are cycling or walking or indeed, for the brave, rollerblading. As we are often traveling this bag is a pick it up and go bag and you know you have everything in it including lenses, chargers, cleaning kit, cables and anything else you may need for you camera. I even have my HD Video cam in mine.

I have not been as satisfied with a camera bag as I have with this one. Hence I give it 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bag, but can ache after a while..., 22 Sept. 2010
I had bought a Flipside a couple of years back which just wasn't big enough for my kit and I'm always frustrated about how to carry a few odds and sods around which a regular camera bag.

So after a lot of deliberation I bought the 202AW Slingshot. I've just got back from a 4 week stint using the camera (and bag) everyday. In short the bag is great. Just the right amount of space for; Nikon D200, 1 wide-angle, 1 telephoto and 2 Prime lenses. I also carry some ND Grads and attachment, remote trigger etc.

I really like the space for carrying a book, plus a few other things. Just about enough space for me.

The only criticism is that with the single shoulder strap, the weight is really not properly distributed accross your back and I definitly got some discomfort accross 1 shoulder after using the bag for a few hours (fully loaded). So stright choice of convenince over comfort. If you're not going to carry it about all day, every day for a week or two, fine. However, if you're going to carry it around for extensive timeperiods, be warned especially if you have any back issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bag, 5 Aug. 2010
F. Farrell - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lowepro SlingShot 302 AW Photo Sling Pack (Electronics)
The bag is made of high quality materials. There is plenty of space even for a few very big lens such as a Canon 70-200 f2.8. The bag is well laid out with a lot thought put into what a photographer needs. I like the easy access to your camera (the slingshot). You don't have to fully unstrap the bag so there no chance of it being swiped while you are busy taking a photo. This bag is quite big and suited to the photographer who wants to carry a few lens, batteries, their lunch (in the top compartment), a video camera,.....so it could be a relatively heavy load once filled up.

Overall, a great high quality bag which will last you a very long time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lowepro Slingshot 102AW, 11 May 2011
Mr. B. J. Matthews (U.K.) - See all my reviews
This bag is an excellent tote bag for carrying a DSLR with a couple of lenses and most everything you need for a good day out.
I have a Canon 550D with a stock 18-55 lense, with lens hood attached, and a 55-250 lens as well with lens hood attached also. These all fit into the bag quite comfortably, with the lens hoods on in reverse. I also have spare memory cards in the two memory card pouches in the underside of the quick access "hatch", as well as spare batteries, battery chargeing dock and leads.
There is also a small compartment for mobile phone, note pad etc which is very handy on a long trip out photgraphing.
If you have lenses which, when attached to the camera body, make your camera longer than about 190mm they will not fit in to the bag laying in the camera slot, or if on thier own they are longer than 130mm then they will not fit into either of the 2 lense slots without being extremely tight in the bag when all closed up. If your kit is longer than the sizes above, I would recommend looking for one of the 200 or 300 series sling bags as they are bigger internally.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Preferred Bag Of Tricks..., 9 Mar. 2011
Richard Mills "GTB.photographic" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lowepro SlingShot 302 AW Photo Sling Pack (Electronics)
Let me start by stating that in my opinion this is a great and versatile bag...

First, it is deceptively large. The main compartment will hold my DSLR (including the battery grip) with my 70-200 f2.8 attached, plus my 24-70 f2.8, 50 f1.8, x2 convertor, 150 f2.8 & 17-40 f4. The top compartment will comfortably hold a flashgun & battery pack along with spare batteries. The front pocket is big enough to hold a few filters and a cleaning kit.

Second, as with most of the LowePro bags, it comes with a built in weather cover which can be deployed quickly.

Third, the key selling point of this bag is the unique "Slingshot" action. This enables the wearer to swing the bag around from its usual vertical position on the wearer's back to a horizontal position in front of the wearer. Despite the awkward sounding nature of this, it is actually quite comfortable and remarkably practical. The horizontal position of the bag provides not only easy access to the contents of the bag without the need to take it off, but also a useful shooting platform (well it helps a little when hand holding shots and there's nothing else to brace yourself against)

It's worth bearing in mind just how much kit you can fit in this bag - and the weight that goes with that. This can be a heavy bag when fully loaded. This can lead to discomfort when carrying IF you haven't adjusted the straps correctly. It is well worth spending a few minutes making sure that the straps are set properly - it could make the difference between a comfortable trip and a trip filled with shoulder ache and back pain.

A great bag - currently my favourite due to its size, practicality and the fact that it is much lighter and more portable than my other bag (a Vertex 200)

Lowepro SlingShot 302 AW Photo Sling Pack