Size: 1.8mx25mm|Colour Name: Blue|Change

on 5 October 2010
I have used this particular lead for the past three years.Sam my Springer Spaniel is strong of will and body and can take some restraining when trying to get his own way.Sam destroyed 4 different types of lead in just 2 years and discovering this particular model was a Godsend.From the human point of view the handle is air cushioned and lined with soft rubber taking a lot of pressure off your 'walking hand' it's a decent length thus giving the dog a little extra movement while secured and from my personal view it seems Sam proof in that it has taken him on long walks for the last three years and is still holding up.
Another plus is the man made fibre construction lasts much longer than leather in our particular [wet]climate
on 16 July 2015
Length - at 1.8m it's a good long lead for a 'fixed' lead, lets you have more control then an extending lead and gives a bit more dash-room for your dog when he smells something interesting. However, as it's longer than a normal fixed lead if you're in an urban area this gives enough space for your dog to traverse the width of a pavement and even nip off into the edge of the road, so in busy car or people traffic areas I end up winding some of the extra length around my hand to shorten it for close control.

Comfort - Absolutely the best bit of this lead, the padding is amazing and strong enough to last. The only reason I've gone for 4 stars instead of 5 is that if you need to shorten the length by holding further down or winding around your hand because of the length you loose some of the benefit of the padding, although even then the lead is thick enough that you don't end up accidentally giving yourself rope burn...

Strength - Strong enough to hold my big brown lab and no worries that he's going to snap or chew through it.
on 4 August 2011
Ordered dispatched and arrived all within 48 hours. These leads are of excellent quality with a padded interior on the handle and a good quality grasp to attach to the collar. They are a much longer length than the average lead so less of being being dragged into hedges when a dog has to do what a dog has to do. Great value and customer service!
on 16 March 2015
As soon as you hold this in your hand, you feel the strength of it. Handle is beautifully cushioned for both comfort and also thick enough that you know you can get a seriously strong grip if needed. After stupidly buying a cheap lead a while ago for my puppy, i said i would always go for the best after the clip which attaches to the dogs collar snapped right off, luckily i was in the park so he didn't run straight into a road or something but it was still worrying just to think what could have happened. The clip on this lead however looks bigger and stronger than any other lead I've seen, gives me great comfort knowing that it will stay secure. I definitely recommend this if you have a pulling dog because its very strong for a start, very comfortable on your hands and you have the added security of a really strong clip.

The only problem i have is that it is considerably long, i like to hold the handle with one hand and then hold the lead in the middle with the other hand so my dog walks almost to heel but theres a lot of trailing lead with this which gets caught up in my dogs legs. I have a Springer spaniel so a medium sized dog but for anyone with a larger breed dog, this would suit excellently.

UPDATE*

Over a year on and i have had many leads during that time yet this one is still my most used for daily walking, strapping in the car, used when cycling with my dog and despite getting soaked constantly, dropped in mud etc etc.
It still looks fairly new, the clip is smooth and as strong as the first day i got it and the handle is perfect and comfortable to hold.
I rarely to updates on products but this is definitely worth it.
Excellent buy.
on 4 August 2011
on 13 August 2011
As noted on some of my other reviews, my feisty fido grabs hold of the lead and easily destroys weak versions. The ancol padded has lasted well due to design feature of how webbing handle is incorporated in lead rather than separate fixation. This lead is also reasonable comfy to try to stop her pulling. I wouldn't be without this, and believe me, I have tried quite a few before. I use mine in conjuntion with a Gencon head collar.
on 11 April 2016
Good quality, and very strong lead for larger dog.

The cushioning on the handle works well, and as I usually have it wrapped around my hand its doubled up, meaning its double padded. Life win.

Be advised that this is a long lead, at almost 2m. I find that I spend a fair amount of time winding the lead in and out so that its not dragging on the ground or the dog isn't tripping over it. This however doesn't bother me, but did take a couple of days to get used to. On the plus side I find its the perfect size to give the dog a little extra space to roam, while still being under control.
on 8 May 2016
Thick, solid, exceptionally well constructed with great stitching and quality hardware. Purchased via Amazon Prime after loosing pooch's previous lead on a walk. That's since recovered-- and I am glad about that-- since I find this lead way to long for the way pooch and I walk. Not sure I will ever use the padded hand loop, but it is soft and tough, being lined with neoprene.
on 30 July 2015
Ancol products are usually very good quality and this is no exception. It has a great attachment hook as well which was important as my last lead started to let my dog slip it if he moved a certain way. This doesn't happen with this one. The padded handle is very comfortable and the extra length has proved suprisingly useful and can always be shortened by wrapping around the wrist if in an unusual environment. Would highly recommend for both large and small breeds.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 July 2015
Too long for me just now with my badly-trained dog, but a great length for those who walk in areas like a park and want the dog on the lead but still with a bit of freedom to sniff around. A really well made lead, very sturdy but still soft and flexible to hold. The handle is brilliant. I'd recommend, and would have bought another in a shorter length if I could have found one. Instead I bought a very similar, yet shorter Trixie lead that does the job excellently.