4.0 out of 5 stars Lock is great. Mount is not
This lock would have got five stars were it not for the almost pointless mounting brackets that the lock is supplied with.

The lock itself is chunky and solid. The lock mechanism is easy to manipulate and setting up your own lock code is a doddle.

But I don't know what the manufacturer was thinking providing such a fine lock with such a flimsy...
Published on 24 Feb 2012 by Dogshark

1.0 out of 5 stars I would avoid using this lock - UPDATED
UPDATE 7th May 2013: Dropped form 5 stars to 1.
I JUST HAD MY BIKE STOLEN.

First of all, I never expected this lock to be cut so easily - That's why I bought it in the first place. However I must have been wrong, as I got my bike stolen a few days ago - and the bike thief, cut the lock, and left it on the ground - I have uploaded pictures to show the cut...
Published 20 months ago by TotallydubbedHD

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value. Works really well., 5 Nov 2012
keribillen (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: MAGNUM ONGUARD DOBERMAN Mountain Bike Coil Lock LK8031 (Misc.)
Well made, good length chain, easy to put on/take off, clear line-up markers, solid feel, not prohibitively heavy and keenly priced.
Would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 24 April 2014
Feels nice and heavy and the numbers click round in a solid-feeling way. Quite impressed. I attached clip, which makes things look very tidy and works well, for how long we shall see, but the most important thing is the quality of the lock, which seems good.

4.0 out of 5 stars seems solid enough, 7 Mar 2014
P. barton (LONDON) - See all my reviews
looks the part , solid construction and easy to set my own combination but i suppose if someone wants to take the bike they will despite any lock and chains that are on it lets wait and see

5.0 out of 5 stars nice lock., 2 Mar 2014
very easy to set your own number.good size cable fits around most things to secure your bike.not too heavy.looks good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item and excellent customer service from bikes4life limited, 28 Nov 2013
Very pleased with this lock. It is not my 'primary' lock and I wouldn't ever use it as such but is a great companion to the more sturdy D-Lock (also from OnGuard). Does it's job well - light weight and very flexible to go around the wheel. The light is a great feature as often tricky to see the code when left in certain places. Not used the holding bracket yet - looks a bit feeble (as is often the case with OnGuard products...the D-Lock bracket is an utter nonsense but that;s another review).
Excellent customer service from supplier bikes4life limited as wrong product (non lighting version) initially sent due to inaccurate product description. They paid for return and send correct one back very promptly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not secure at all, 29 July 2013
Unfortunately this lock put up very little resistance to the thief who stole my bike.

The cable looks like it is very thick but in fact it is a much, much thinner cable surrounded by clear plastic to magnify the metal inside. The thickness of the lock is around 60% plastic and $0% actual cable. It looks like it was very easy to cut through and wouldn't have taken more than a few seconds for the average bike thief. I would definitely not recommend this lock.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 29 July 2013
tulip (South Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
bought this as a gift for someone who says its great and really useful for securing bikes and boat wherever you are

3.0 out of 5 stars Security lock for bicycle, 12 July 2013
I bought this to secure my new bike.
A bit disappointing as the first time I used it, the combination numbers had slipped round and I had trouble unfastening it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too short - bike stolen, 10 July 2013
Easy to set up and use.

I thought this lock is too short though, as it isn't long enought to go around something fixed and through both wheels.

I only had this lock for ~month before it was cut through and my bike was stolen. I think that if someone wants the bike enough and has some big cutters they will get through most cable locks. Can't really blame the lock...

1.0 out of 5 stars Bike stolen within days, 6 Jun 2013
Bought this lock on the way to work after my cheap old D lock got broken- within a few days of switching my bike was stolen from outside my house. Learnt my lesson D locks definitely required in London!