VINE VOICEon 21 November 2012
Don't be put off by the reference to Mountain Bike in the product description, this is good for any bike. It's a very light oil, but that is ideal for a chain. The bottle is ideal for placing a drop on every link. If you separately buy a spray of the same for the derailleur, then applying this after cleaning your transmission will have it running beautifully. As it's so light, you'll have to apply it after every clean or if your chain gets wet, but it's worth it for a smooth transmission and will extend the life of the components.
on 21 July 2013
This stuff is great, it is easy to apply after giving chain a quick clean with some *chain cleaner or gt85 before a ride, then just before setting off once round the chain and ya good to go.. no mess no hassle an much less black grime after ride to wipe off.
on 21 August 2014
Quick delivery which always helps.
Used this on two of my bikes after fully degreasing the chains and gears and after giving a good covering can say the pedalling and gear changing felt smooth and easy, when applied it doesn't look as obvious as other oils.
Can't really tell if it does wash off easily in the rain and wet but I tend to re-oil after going out in the wet anyway but don't think it picks up as much dirt as ordinary oils.
Does seem to work well but the cost is quite expensive really but may buy again after some shopping about.
on 4 September 2013
I cant compare this product with others because ive not been cycling long and this is the first lube i bought ,i never thought i would right a review on lube ha ha but it did help quiten the running of the chain.
on 15 January 2013
Doesn't attract dirt like wet lube very good although when riding in wet you may need to reapply v good
on 29 April 2013
Seems fine to me although I have not had much time to really evaluate this product. Arrived quickly and no hassle.
Should do the job ok. I like the idea of a dry lube, not so much build up of grease.
on 18 April 2012
Just like ronseal mate, does what it says on the tin. goes on pretty easy and lubes up your chain. lovely old lube.
on 31 July 2015
Hmmmmm..........well, I cleaned my chain and cogs and applied. To be honest, I wasn't that impressed with it's performance over the next few weeks. So.....I smothered my chain and cogs in 3 in 1 oil. Well.....I'll be sticking to the 3 in 1 in the future. (I just hope the muck doesn't......but in my opinion, 3 in 1 does a better job)
on 24 February 2016
The original order of this lube was as above the next had a slightly different label and a different texture, that said I have been happy with the product. It reacts well in wet conditions and the performance is good, I would recommend to mountain bikers!
on 26 April 2012
Fast delivery and easy to apply with good lube properties for the UK weather not at all messy to deal with and seems to do the job.