5.0 out of 5 stars A helpful little reminder
I got this book for a friend as a bit of a laugh, but thought it was so good I kept it for myself and ordered her another one. It is packed full of stuff we pretend we still know, but actualy forgot years ago. Great book for anyone over 10 years old. I would recommend this to anyone. Buy it, it's bloody good fun and educational.
Published on 8 Dec. 2008 by D. Speck

2.0 out of 5 stars Content of book good, full of interesting and useful ways to remember ...
Content of book good, full of interesting and useful ways to remember facts. The quality of the paper back book is poor, feels cheap.
Published 2 months ago by leann

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A helpful little reminder, 8 Dec. 2008
D. Speck (Bradford, England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars did i like it?, 18 Dec. 2009
L. Henson (Leicestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
I loved it. It was sooo good. It had a lot of information and good facts. It also helps you with your english, punctuation and spelling. It is mainly on how to remember things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 7 Nov. 2009
I bought this book for my Granddaughter and wish I had it longer before giving it to her! Full of interesting bits of trivia that you can dip in and out of. Not the greatest cover in quality and style but I'm sure a nine year old would not be bothered!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun & educational, 12 Sept. 2009
This book is the sort of book you dip into when you have 10 minutes to spare or when there is lots going on & you can't concentrate too much. It is full of useful information & tips on how to remember spellings, grammar, history, geography, mathematics etc. 'A cool way to remember stuff'

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I bought another copy for myself!, 18 Jan. 2013
Bought this as a Xmas pressie for my 10 yr old grandson as he often uses "rhymes" to help him remember how to spell a difficult word. I help him with his English homework every week so I am looking forward to seeing if this will make reference more fun than looking a word up in a "boring" dictionary.
This was recommended to me by another grandchild who is 12-she uses it all the time.

However it is far more than just fun ways of remembering how to spell difficult words.It has all sorts of "aide memoires" such as 30 days has September ,info such as how to remember the longest rivers & largest deserts,and when to use certain punctuations etcetc.I'm a great believer than learning should be fun and this definitely hits the mark!
In fact prior to wrapping it I had a quick flick through and promptly ordered one for myself!Every home should have one!

5.0 out of 5 stars good gift, 14 Oct. 2011
Dinner guests gave me this book instead of flowers and the pleasure will certainly last a lot longer. Those rhymes and rules we learnt at school still work better than any other way of remembering everyday things. Both useful and nostalgic.

4.0 out of 5 stars 30 Days hath September...Cool Ways to Remember Stuff, 7 Feb. 2009
This is one of those books that is probably meant to be a "dip in" sort of title but once you open it it's difficult to put it down! My husband likes this sort of handy reference book, useful for quizzes

5.0 out of 5 stars thirty days hath september, 6 Jan. 2009
A great read. Very useful mnemonics and other ways to remember information. I have used a number of these with my children. An asset to any bookcase or library.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIRTY DAYS HAS SEPTEMBER - Cool Ways to Remember Stuff, 28 Dec. 2009
This was another grandchild gift. It's full of "cool" ideas for helping kids to remember "stuff."

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for old codgers losing their memory!, 10 Mar. 2009
S. Croft "crazy lady" (Bucks England) - See all my reviews
An interesting, clever book easily set out with amusing pictures. Not too long descriptions so as to become boring. An "aid memoire" for those entering their latter years!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›