on 4 February 2011
Having acquired the family slides a few years ago, they've sat in box ever since. Finally I decided to do something with them and I looked into various ways of digitizing them including professional (too expensive) and diy using a digital camera (too fiddly and time consuming). I decided to try this device and I'm really glad I did!

Really easy to use and quick too - the results are pretty good too, better than I expected. Some colour adjustment and cleaning up is required but the pictures look great on a computer screen and also a 32-inch tv. I would highly recommend this to any one wanting to see their old slides again. You will get better results from a professional scanning service but you'll probably find a lot of your slides aren't really worth it. If after scanning there are any pictures that are really special you may want to go to a photo shop and get them professionally scanned and printed.

Read the many good reviews, ignore the few bad ones and give this a go, I'm sure you won't regret it.
on 3 May 2011
I was very pleased with my negative scanner .Gave hours scanning old negs that i had forgotten about. Found it very easy to use and images look very good on my pc although i have not printed any as yet.very happy with my purchase and delivery was very prompt.
on 12 March 2013
I have had 35mm and negatives to copy. I've used scanners which did a great job but took ages. I was looking for a faster way as I still have years worth of negatives to copy and thought I'd try this and I am so glad I did. It is simple to set up and use and boy, is it so much faster than a scanner. I found the quality was great too and there is editing software if you want to play more. I have not felt the need to as I felt the copies were like the original photos. I wich this item had been about a few yeas ago when I started to digitalise my negatives. It would have saved me many hours.
on 31 March 2014
This product does just what I need - produces reasonable quality digital scans of aging negatives. It's very easy to get started with and I can easily scan about 300 negatives an hour.

A couple of very minor niggles:-
It doesn't come with any way of charging the battery, other than connecting the scanner to a computer.
Some of the negatives are slightly too wide to be scanned in one frame.
on 2 September 2013
I bought this to back up some of my many old 35mm slides. I was not expecting much in the way of performance since I'd seen poor results from much dearer devices. However this scanner works very well for such an inexpensive product. The results are fine for viewing on the screen and would make acceptable postcard size prints in most cases. The slides have much more detail than that of course, and would normally print well up to A4 size, but for that you need professional equipment and you are probably better off getting the entire job done by a professional. But for the amateur who wants a good copy, that you can improve on with your digital darkroom, this device is an excellent buy.
on 15 November 2010
Bought this scanner after having dropped the earlier model VFS-004. Found the newer version far easier to use as it did not require connection to the computer but used a SD card to store images prior to transfer to the computer. Have now transferred over 5000 images to my computer with no problems. Images are not works of art but are a valuable database of our lifetime experiences for over 60 years. i strongly recommend this product.
on 26 January 2015
High quality scanner, well made and contains everything needed to create images from my old negatives and slides. Very easy to setup with clear instructions and within minutes scanning and saving digital copies. Really pleasantly surprised and pleased that I purchased this kit.
on 6 June 2012
I bought this scanner with big hopes for reasonable quality scans at a much faster speed than my flatbed scanner. This scanner certainly is easy to use and very fast at about 4 seconds per scan. The image quality though is very disappointing. The sharpness at the centre of the frame is quite good but towards the corners the sharpness falls off and there is some vignetting ie the image is darker in the corners. I compared the scans of some slides made on my flat bed scanner and found that centre of the image was comparable in sharpness but away from the centre there Vero was far worse - appearing out of focus. This was even though the flatbed scan were at a slightly lower resolution. I am returning this scanner and will buy a new flatbed scanner as although much slower the quality should be much better than this.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 January 2016
What do you do when you have half a lifetime of photo memories captured on 35mm negatives and 110mm slides and you've moved with the digital age of smartphone, digital cameras and tablets with integrated memory or card storage? It's so easy now to capture, keep and enhance images. The true joy lies in the possibility of applying current technical capability, as a lay user, to all those albums of photos and boxes of slides acquired over the last 50 years and more.

The answer lies in this little gadget. I'm no photo expert. Point, click and hope for the best. But looking through albums I really wanted to share many images with others. After a little research, I realised it was possible to scan and capture these photos/slides and store, enhance and use in a digital way. This stunning Veho Scanner has everything I could wish for and more.

Firstly, it's competitively priced. Photographic equipment can be prohibitively expensive and complicated. I'm a lay user. No technical experience and basic knowledge of the back room stuff to convert hard copy to something digital.

After reading the blurb and asking a couple of questions of other users, I invested in this hardware and I've never looked back. It's so easy to use. I mean really easy. No computer needed to view images. No technical knowledge required. Simple to follow instructions and, if required, online support to help out. This is an amazing machine. Old photo negatives and life's have been brought to life with a vibrancy beyond belief. It's easy to view the image on the machine in a quality which defies belief.. Storage on card or device is so simple. From there, it's easy to improve the image digitally.

If I can master this in literally a few minutes, anyone can. It's one of the best investments I've ever made. It's a quality product, easy to use and I expect many years of use from it.
on 9 August 2014
Good idea, poor product.

I had high hopes for this scanner, I intended to take all of my mums negatives and scan them quickly and easily to her laptop. Unfortunately this was not as easy as it should have been!

I had expected the scanner to work with the laptop, as well as being stand alone. Wrong. Even when connected to a laptop you still have to view the scanned negative on the tiny built in display which is at the same detail level as a 10yr old Nokia phone, but smaller.

I had also expected to put the negatives in the tray and the tray be pulled through by the machine. Wrong. Each negative needs to be lined up, checked in the display, and then hit capture. Then you push through the tray to the next picture.

These are irritations compared with the fact that the device kept crashing. In the time it toots to scan 24 negatives it must have crashed 10 times, and to restart it was not as simple as turning off and turning back on again, as even the power button was not working. You had to unplug from the laptop (as I was trying to charge the battery) and remove the battery. Then sometimes it wouldn't turn back on!

The photos themselves when transferred to the laptop were ok, nothing special, I had hoped they would scan to a higher resolution, but the negatives are 20+ years old, so can't really blame it for that!

Now I will probably just get a flat bed scanner and scan the photos themselves. Has got to be easier!