5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase
Published on 24 April 2010 by M. A. W

3.0 out of 5 stars Black Metal Dog/Puppy Crate - Door Latch Issues Otherwise a Good Buy
Bought this for our new puppy (Boston Terrier) so size wise ideal for a small puppy/dog. Previously had a much larger one for our beagle Scooby but felt as though a smaller one would be better suited to a puppy etc. Also less heavy for putting into car. Hence buying this one.

Well the first dog crate that came had an issue with the door latches on the bigger...
Published 7 months ago by Alessi Lover

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 24 April 2010
This review is from: Ellie-Bo Dog Puppy Cage Folding 2 Door Crate with Non-Chew Metal Tray Medium 30-inch Black (Misc.)
Bought this for my cocker puppy and she loves it. Very well made and quality metal tray in bottom. Easy to put up and down. Thoroughly recommend this product to anyone getting a new puppy. They think of it as their room and u can leave a pup knowing u will not return to any damage. My puppy has also been fantastic at night going from 11 till 6.30 without needing to toilet. She has never messed her crate once and it has certainly made housetraining much quicker and easier. Would also thoroughly recommend the seller for the speedy delivery service. Excellent purchase all round.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily the best value puppy/dog crate, 8 Jan. 2012
J. Harvey (Oxford UK) - See all my reviews
I would highly recommend this puppy/dog crate. I did a lot of research and spoke to friends who have had more expensive crates including Savic and Rosewood and found that this crate is easily the best value for what you get and also for what most people actually need from a dog crate (ie non-show dogs/breeders etc). It is extremely easy to assemble, lightweight but sturdy with good srength walls & top. I think another bonus is that the black looks good in any home as it blends in more easily than a bright silver without looking 'prison like'. It also comes with a detachable handle which is useful if you collapse it first although we don't move ours around much. I bought an extra large one (& like the other reviewers covered the top and sides with a long floor mat/runner to create a little den) for our Rhodesian Ridgeback pup to sleep in and generally escape from the humans if he wants some quiet time. He took to it from day one and still uses it regularly. The only comment I would make is to make sure you get a large enough one from day one if you have a large breed dog so you don't have to upgrade as your puppy grows. Our puppy didn't seem to mind an extra large cage when he was small(which was for a VERY short time as he seemed to double in size every time you blinked) as long as you make it cosy in the corner and cover the top) He is almost 6 months now and I realise I will need to upgrade to the XXL sized crate to give him a little more room as he is a sucker fot soft bedding etc and this does reduces the space he has when standing little. We've zipped tied an old set of babydan child gate/railings around the front of the cage and also zipped tied the door permanently open so our dog has his own private balcony area where he has his water and food bowl so we can still keep him in but also give him a little extra room. Will upload a photo if anyone's interested.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value for Money, 2 Jan. 2013
I don't know about the fussy reviewers here but it's guaranteed value for money! It's like a small playpen itself (you can easily fit a baby tiger!) - it's HUGE, but compact at the same time...it provides plenty of space for my grown up labrador to stretch her legs and It's strong enough to hold her even when she is anxious. If you need anything stronger I suggest you order a purpose build one which will cost you a fortune.

The delivery itself was impressive even during the Christmas period. I have saved 50 quid compared to store and I believe the deliver alone should cost you 30 quid for such heavy stuff.

5 Star, well satisfied, and I believe you won't regret it either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Crate!, 22 April 2010
Fantastic crate, easy to put up and use. Sturdy.
Our Basset Hound puppy likes it, and happily uses it of his own choice. Great for house training, and gives dogs a den of their own. We know it'll be something he can use all his life as he grows.
We have covered the top to make it feel cosy and safe for him (as recommended by trainers).
Would recommend this product to anyone. We'd been looking for a while for a suitable crate, and this was the best we found for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and well made, 4 Sept. 2013
As good, if not better than similar crates costing twice the price for sale in high street pet 'superstores'.
Archie, our Cocker Spaniel pup highly recommends this item!

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe, but sound :), 27 Mar. 2013
This cage was so easy to construct - it does have instructions with it - but really is foolproof. The slip out tray is great for washing & ease to get out. A basic puppy training pad, for puppies fits it & you can def fit the Yap mats in there for when they are to sleep - I bought my Yap mats from Amazon also and they are great quality. I would recommend the clip on water bowl, it fits and doesn't come off & when you have to go out & leave your little one in it's cage you know it is safe & watered. The only thing i was a little surprised at was the handle, instead of it being a clip on metal handle it was a plastic handle, now the cage weighs quite a bit - to me as i am disabled - and with the puppy/dog in it it makes me a little nervous whether the plastic handle will 'handle' the weight, but time will tell. For now, she is safe and sound in her cage. I was very happy with this purchase and it didn't break the bank. I was at the vet's & saw a plastic dog carrier about the same size with the metal door and it was £15 more than this, so to me it is a bargain. Not only is your pet safe, but you can attach water and should the handle break, make another out of an old wire coat hanger or carry the cage as is, totally up to you :) This fits snugly into my cars front seat and i can put a seat belt round it and move my pet in safety, so many pluses for it ergo i didn't mark it down for the plastic handle. This is a good, strong cage so be reassured

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 6 Feb. 2014
This cage is less than half the price of similar ones in well known pet stores. I bought one for our dog when she was a puppy and she sleeps in it every night and quite often during the day. I needed another one for the car and didn't hesitate to buy the same again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, 2 Oct. 2012
The dog cage is just what we wanted, our little cairn terrier loves it and uses it as nightly sleeping quarters (door closed), a den during the day (door open) and also car travel (door closed). Excellent well made product that fits nicely into the corner of the kitchen and the back of the car.
Smudge loves it and keeps it very tidy !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ellie-Bo 36" Dog Cage, 20 July 2011
I am absolutely delighted with this cage, it's perfect. I have a very lively 5 year old Springer Spaniel who is more than happy to sit quietly in the cage whilst in the back of my car. The car is a Peugeot 306 estate (51 plate) and it fits perfectly with enough room either side for a couple of bags. Very easy to put together and robust - well worth the money I paid. I initially bought the 42" but this was too big and would not fit in my car so I returned it. I also purchased the small water bowl which fits on the side - very useful and ideal for purpose. On the whole, I am very pleased with my purchase - as is my Spaniel - and I would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for our Briard, 7 Aug. 2012
Our rescued Briard had been brought up in a cage prior to our ownership so was fully cage trained and loves her new den. Very suprised to read another customers comments saying that they were putting their dog in this cage as it had seperation anxiety. You should NEVER EVER use a cage for a dog with seperation anxiety. Proper training is essential and if you go through the proper training with your pet then they will never try and use force to break out of the cage. If you're intent on putting a distressed dog in a cage then you would need one with aluminium bars and flat sides (they cost around £200) or maybe consider getting a cat!