5.0 out of 5 stars Easily the best value puppy/dog crate
Published on 8 Jan. 2012 by J. Harvey

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not look like picture displayed
I specifically wanted a dog crate with the front door opening from right to left as the picture on the website showed as it needed to open against a wall but when it was delivered I found that it opened from left to right and there is no way of changing the door around. It therefore would not fit where it was needed as once the door was opened we could not get past it and...
Published 19 months ago by Susan Hardy

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily the best value puppy/dog crate, 8 Jan. 2012
J. Harvey (Oxford UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ellie-Bo Dog Puppy Cage Folding 2 Door Crate with Non-Chew Metal Tray Extra Large 42-inch Black (Misc.)
I would highly recommend this puppy/dog crate. I did a lot of research and spoke to friends who have had more expensive crates including Savic and Rosewood and found that this crate is easily the best value for what you get and also for what most people actually need from a dog crate (ie non-show dogs/breeders etc). It is extremely easy to assemble, lightweight but sturdy with good srength walls & top. I think another bonus is that the black looks good in any home as it blends in more easily than a bright silver without looking 'prison like'. It also comes with a detachable handle which is useful if you collapse it first although we don't move ours around much. I bought an extra large one (& like the other reviewers covered the top and sides with a long floor mat/runner to create a little den) for our Rhodesian Ridgeback pup to sleep in and generally escape from the humans if he wants some quiet time. He took to it from day one and still uses it regularly. The only comment I would make is to make sure you get a large enough one from day one if you have a large breed dog so you don't have to upgrade as your puppy grows. Our puppy didn't seem to mind an extra large cage when he was small(which was for a VERY short time as he seemed to double in size every time you blinked) as long as you make it cosy in the corner and cover the top) He is almost 6 months now and I realise I will need to upgrade to the XXL sized crate to give him a little more room as he is a sucker fot soft bedding etc and this does reduces the space he has when standing little. We've zipped tied an old set of babydan child gate/railings around the front of the cage and also zipped tied the door permanently open so our dog has his own private balcony area where he has his water and food bowl so we can still keep him in but also give him a little extra room. Will upload a photo if anyone's interested.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Crate!, 22 April 2010
Fantastic crate, easy to put up and use. Sturdy.
Our Basset Hound puppy likes it, and happily uses it of his own choice. Great for house training, and gives dogs a den of their own. We know it'll be something he can use all his life as he grows.
We have covered the top to make it feel cosy and safe for him (as recommended by trainers).
Would recommend this product to anyone. We'd been looking for a while for a suitable crate, and this was the best we found for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ellie-bo dog crate, 30 May 2010
SG (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This dog crate is fantastic. It is easy to put up and take down, has two doors which open and close with ease. It was also reasonably priced. We would definately buy this product again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dog cage, 18 Jan. 2013
Was looking for a cage for our new boxer puppy but pets at home and other pet shops wanted 100 pound for xlarge cage so when I saw this and read reviews which were all good I thought what a bargain well not been disappointed great cage which opens on two sides and big enough for when our dog gets older would definitely recommend and at a great price!!

5.0 out of 5 stars large dog cage, very cheap and great value for money, 5 Nov. 2011
Didn't want to spend much money on a cage as wasn't sure if my puppy would use it. Really pleased with this cage as it was sooooo much cheaper than one I nearly bought at the pet shop.Its sturdy enough and having two openings is very handy depending on where I place it.
My lab puppy loves it and I know she will use it for months to come if not years. Its her 'den'. Would recommend it to all puppy owners. Made my life so easy as it stopped her doing her business in the house. She sleeps all night in the cage without a murmour.

4.0 out of 5 stars dog cage, 4 Mar. 2012
ideal size for labrador,plenty of room for him to move about.ideal with the two openings, door catches not as strong as previous cage but do the job just as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars dog, 1 Jan. 2011
I bought this for my puppy, he chews everything he can if given the chance, so the cage is great as it gives him a safe place to be on his own when I go out, I don't worry anymore about what is he going to distroy, no more chewed up rugs, skirting boards, sofa etc. he uses the cage as his den as and when he wants to. We are both happy with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product!, 27 Feb. 2010
Mrs. S. Green - See all my reviews
Ordered this item on Monday at 12pm, it arrived the following day at 4pm! Most impressed with speedy service. A great value puppy crate which will be large enough for both my pups when they are fully grown, they are springador pups. Fits into my car nicely ( a Berlingo van type ).

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up, 3 Nov. 2014
Easy to set up, strong enough, big enough for when the (labrador) puppy grows and looks ok. Minor point is the main door does not open back through 180 degrees to fold back against the front of the crate so the door can swing closed when you catch it walking by. Biggest point is the puppy just loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased with cage, 24 Mar. 2012
Ms. D. Nolan (london) - See all my reviews
just what we needed to give the dog chill out time when visitors come. He was a bit apprehensive at first but does not mind it now. I only use it for very short periods of time but it is good to know that he has somewhere to go when he becomes too boisterous