5.0 out of 5 stars Ellie-Bo 36" Dog Cage
Published on 20 July 2011 by J. Edwards

1.0 out of 5 stars God awful - get the heavy duty version instead!
Published 12 months ago by decyther

5.0 out of 5 stars Ellie-Bo 36" Dog Cage, 20 July 2011
This review is from: Ellie-Bo Dog Puppy Cage Folding 2 Door Crate with Non-Chew Metal Tray Large 36-inch Black (Misc.)
I am absolutely delighted with this cage, it's perfect. I have a very lively 5 year old Springer Spaniel who is more than happy to sit quietly in the cage whilst in the back of my car. The car is a Peugeot 306 estate (51 plate) and it fits perfectly with enough room either side for a couple of bags. Very easy to put together and robust - well worth the money I paid. I initially bought the 42" but this was too big and would not fit in my car so I returned it. I also purchased the small water bowl which fits on the side - very useful and ideal for purpose. On the whole, I am very pleased with my purchase - as is my Spaniel - and I would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 2 Nov. 2012
Fab crate. Easy to put up. Good size to house my Minature poodle and border terrier overnight together or when dirty after walking. Wasn't sure if would need bigger size but very roomy for both of them in together and they love it. I leave it open for them to use as a bed and they choose to have naps in it. Cover with old table cloth and you don't even notice it after a while! They choose this over the raised bed I have! Easy to clean (hose down when someone is sick in it). Good sturdy metal tray, wouldn't go for plastic as my border would eat it! Great delivery and unbelievable cheap price, was looking at others which cost £90 plus! Good fasteners as my border used to open the last crate (need to secure her at night or she barks all night). Thumbs up from us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value, 24 Jan. 2012
Ellie-Bo Black 36 inch Large 2 Door Folding Dog Puppy Cage

Having looked in other high street stores, this seemed to be fantastic value for money at such a good size. I was expecting something much more flimsy, but it matched the ones I had seen in the shops if not better. Also, was the easiest to set up with very simple and understandable instruction (inc how to settle your dog/puppy into a crate).

I have never written a review about anything before, but felt this really deserved one. It also arrived in record time, which was an added bonus. Now just waiting for the arrival of the puppy, but I can't see how she wouldn't like it!

Excellent buy!

1.0 out of 5 stars God awful - get the heavy duty version instead!, 17 April 2014
decyther (Southport, UK) - See all my reviews
Dreadful build quality on this model. My 5 month old whippet puppy has been able to pincer the bars together and also snapped a few of the bars off at the weld points, yes, I did say whippet puppy. She was able to reach through and grab a curtain and pull it off the rail, chew through a ps3 control pad lead (mad catz) and various others... No way would this have happened if she wasn't able to bend the bars further apart. Will try and post some photos for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 26 Nov. 2013
Thick, heavy, black coated wire over all surfaces. The thick tray sits loose in the bottom. Easy to clean the tray in situ but Ive not needed to extract it so far.
There's plenty of access points.
It was difficult to unpack initially as it unfolds but has a tendency to get trapped in the hinges. We had to bend the hinges to extract it all. Not sure if we were doing something wrong there. Eventually it unfolded ok and doesn't look the worse for our struggles.
We got it for our shih tsu puppy who had been raised in something similar. As it was familiar to her she settled almost immediately. It's only used for bed time, with blankets and her basket and she sees it as her safe place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ellie-Bo Puppy Cage - Crate, 6 May 2014
I thought I'd give a go as it had generally positive reviews, and I'm glad I did.

We bought it for our golden retriever puppy, which we're getting later this week. Went together quickly, build quality seems to be pretty decent for the price, locks and doors are ok and I haven't spotted any sharp edges. I think we're just going to use it as a den and leave the door open - puppy will already have his own space so it's really somewhere that he can go where he feels secure.

No problems with delivery or packaging either. In fact DPD are great (unlike City Link), you can change your delivery options while the parcel is in transit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Purchase!, 3 Oct. 2014
Janet (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
Very pleased with this purchase. I bought it for my 6 month old Westie who is a big boy for his age! He is 7.50 kg and has plenty of room in this for his luxury bed and a puppy liner. Should he need it. It will be perfect for going on holiday too, to stop him chewing other peoples furniture at night! He actually goes into this one voluntarily when he is tired at night, which he wouldn't do with the canvas one I originally bought for him when he was a small puppy. He had started tipping that one over, hence this purchase. He is quite a terrier and this seems to be a very robust crate, that should stand up to him!

5.0 out of 5 stars dog crate, 13 Jan. 2012
ordered this crate on jan 12 and it came jan 13 brill saved my sanity my puppy was chewing his way through wallpaper and cupboards and seems to have taken to the crate very well i would definately recomend this to all puppy owners

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product and price, 3 Feb. 2014
Beanie Luck (Cotswolds) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I really like this crate.

I like that is black, seems classier than the silver versions.

Its so simple to put together as well, you just lift up the main section, hold it steady whilst you grab the sides from inside the crate, pull them up and snap them onto the tops, easy as pie.

The handle came loose so you can snap that on anywhere on the crate, i put mine on the top.

To put it down you just do the erect sequence in reverse, upsnap the sides, let them fall flat on the crate bed and then fold the main section down flat, and there is also a rather handy soft catch to keep it all together when it is folded up.

The only thing im not so sure of is the cost, id like to see these come with beds and feeding bowls, why are crates so expensive?.

I did however make my husky a lovely bed to go in hers, i used a cheap blanket, an arygos value single duvet and in 30 minutes with a sewing machine i had a fully washable crate bed with removeable covers for less than a tenner.

This is the best value one i've found however which is why i bought it, much cheaper than your local pet stores.

I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased with dog cage, 25 Feb. 2014
so pleased with this purchase, dog (Staffordshire bull terrier) is very comfortable and content in his roomy cage.
It is sturdy when assembled, and easy to keep clean. Would recommend this purchase.