5.0 out of 5 stars The best I found on the interenet
Published on 18 Jun 2010 by jackie1969uk

2.0 out of 5 stars Can be dangerous for puppies
I bought this crate in black a while ago. 3 weeks ago I purchased a puppy who was seven weeks old.
The crate in itslef was fine, no sharp hinges or bits and the bed is good and cleans very well in the washing machine even when totally covered in poo!
However, after a week of using it, my puppy was nibbling the bottom bars of the cage and his teeth got stuck to...
Published 22 months ago by Maddymadge

5.0 out of 5 stars The best I found on the interenet, 18 Jun 2010
This product is of excellent quality, I looked at many other products of lesser quality and price but the reviews let them down that they were flimsy and not of a decent quality. The instructions for folding and unfolding the cage were very simple. Arrived flat packed and took a minute or so to unfold. I opted for the sheepskin bed and also the quality of this is very very good. Machine washable and fits the cage perfectly and for the extra few pound I couldn't find a dog bed anywhere near the price, even if you use the cage for traveling only the dog bed can be used separately. Has a carry handle you can clip of for carrying either folded or unfolded and it is of strong quality also. Cage has 2 doors (front and side) with 2 sliding fold down catches on each that could be secured with a lock if you had a smart doggie that can open them (i havent needed to do this though) Holes are large enough for seeing in and out and letting air through but in no way small enough for any dog or cat to get out. There is no sharp edges on any joins of the cage where bars meet and the locking mechanism when the cage is upright would be impossible for it to fold by accident even with a lot of weight but on it. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a good quality cage and I like the idea you can choose different sizes and the extra option of bedding or no bedding.

Ellie-Bo 36 inch 2 Door Folding Dog Puppy Cage
Ellie-Bo 42 inch Deluxe 2 Door Folding Dog Puppy Cage with Faux Sheepskin Bed
Ellie-Bo 48 inch Deluxe 2 Door Folding Dog Puppy Cage with Faux Sheepskin Bed

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product. Fantastic price., 2 Sep 2010
A. Aston "Reticent reviewer" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This crate is fantastic! I really can't fault it. I have a very strong boisterous staffie & it's plenty big enough for her & all her toys/food & water bowls & she still has bags of room left. It's a good quality product which seems strong & well made & is very easy to use. It took seconds to put up & is fully collapsible (though my dog ate the carry handle on sight before I'd attached it so I won't be transporting it anywhere!!!). It comes with a fleecy liner with plastic backing too. The manufacturers include a mini guide to crate training which was really helpful.

My dog fell in love with her crate at first sight (partly because I hid goodies in it & locked her out of it making her desperate to get inside) & now chooses to sleep in there rather than in her bed. My top tips are:

* Make it fun & exciting (NEVER a punishment). I try to get my dog to associate her crate with good things by hiding treats in amongst her bedding/in socks etc for her to find when she gets inside.
* Put a pair of your dirty socks/a slipper/old t-shirt inside. Having your smell around will be a comfort when you're gone
* Put her favourite toy in with her
* Get some cheap fleecy blankets so your dog can get comfortable
* Put a blanket over the top so your dog feels safe & secure
* Make sure your dog has water to drink
* And most importantly... Stuff a Kong chew toy with her favourite treats (I use finely chopped liver, sausage, peanut butter, carrot & brown bread) & freeze it. It will take hours for your dog to get the tasty contents out. Chewing also relaxes dogs. Put it in the crate just before you leave so your dog associates you leaving with getting a yummy treat & is kept busy until your return.

UPDATE: I have just bought a 2nd slightly smaller crate for travelling; I bought it from another manufacturer as this brand was out of stock in the smaller size. It was almost the same price but EXTREMELY poor quality, so much so that it would've been dangerous to put my dog in (sharp edges, weak bars, bad joins/clasps, huge gaps between pieces, loose bottom etc). It was potentially lethal. I have now sent that one back & emailed the manufacturer of this wonderful crate for details of their next delivery for that size. Please be careful buying a crate for your dog, there are some extremely dodgy dangerous ones out there!

5.0 out of 5 stars charlies new bedroom !!, 27 July 2011
we have a king charles cavalier puppy, 4 months, we've only had him for 1 month, and recently he started to climb on chairs and tables at night, while we were in bed..so we needed something to stop accidents! the cage came with cage training advice..we didnt need it ! after some initial treat coaxing, he was very comfortable with the cage..and when we put his bed in it, after 20 minutes, he treated it as his own bedroom..he loves it now, happy to retreat inside when he wants peace and quiet..and we can tell him to go inside when we are eating..so everyone is delighted !! especially Charlie..the pup !! and its sturdy and strong, cant recommend it enough !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it so much I bought a 2nd one!, 14 Oct 2010
A. Aston "Reticent reviewer" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This crate is fantastic and miles better than anything else I've come across on the internet (yet the same price). It's actually my 2nd purchase of an Ellie Bo crate & I wouldn't risk housing my dog in anything else - the construction is second to none & far safer than many others I've seen. Bought a 36" one 1st to use as an indoor kennel for my Staffie (who has terrible separation anxiety). This one is for travelling.

Please see my review of the 36" version for a much more detailed review & tips on crate training.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality crate, 11 May 2012
My pup has been in this crate for 5 months now and he loves it, it is home and bed to him. He' been sick in it a few times and the sheepskin bed washes well. It was easy to set up although I wouldn't want to put it up and down a lot. Was half the price of similar item in Pets at Home and I reckon it is the same product. My dog is now 9 months, 8.5 kg and is a bichon frise x miniature poodle male and the small 24 inch is just the right size for him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog Cage, 13 Dec 2012
E. M. Williams (Swansea south Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ellie-Bo Deluxe Extra Strong 2 Door Folding Dog Puppy Cage with Faux Sheepskin Bed Small 24 inch Black (Misc.)
This item is well made and stable, metal tray and sheepskin bed included in the price, my papillon loves it, service is excellent arrived in less than 24hrs by courier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product - just thejob, 19 April 2012
Mrs. A. Goodman "Smasherann" (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this as a present for my mums new best friend and she is very pleased with it. Delivery prompt and goes together/collapses easily. No problems at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value For Money, But Go For The Deluxe Model, 9 Jan 2012
We bought this crate for our yorkshire terrier puppies who had decided to destroy every thing they could reach! This is an excellent quality product, and as we bought the extra large one, they have plenty of space when we can't watch them. They managed to escape from both of the puppy playpens we bought, but not from this!! This will be very useful for a travel crate when the little horrors are older!, but for now this is a very strong secure product with a nice sheepskin bed included. Similar products in the local pet store were over twice the price and very inferior quality. We decided to go for the deluxe model as the metal bars are thicker and stronger and this model also included the bedding which the cheaper one didn't, so for the 10 extra, its worth going for the deluxe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic qualty, 22 Aug 2013
M. Fannon (uk) - See all my reviews
I am really pleased with this product. Excellent quality, sturdy frame and well worth the money. Would definitely recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the extra for the more substantial cage, 22 Aug 2013
fx55 (Lincs, UK) - See all my reviews
Having researched these cages online, we decided to choose this one as it had heavy duty bars. Our puppy took to it straight away and was sleeping in it from day one. We followed the recommendations of having it in a place where people were. We also opened both doors so that he coudl walk through and out when he wanted to during the day. We've used it width ways at bed time, using the door on the longest side. This appears to make the cage seem shorter/smaller for him when he goes in rather than using the end door. We haven't used the bed in it yet, as we have a paper area and bed area in the cage until he's a little older.
We would definitely recommend that when choosing a cage then get the heavy duty one, as we're not sure how good one would be that was lightweight.

ARRAY(0xac639e58)