4.0 out of 5 stars Meccano
Good purchase. Child (age 8) found it difficult but definitely something he will grow into and have fun with.
Published on 12 Jan 2011 by Carol

3.0 out of 5 stars Inaccurate Age Range
Published 18 months ago by Mr. T MCCARTHY

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Meccano, 12 Jan 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars men will always be boys at heart!, 6 Jan 2012
This review is from: Meccano 25 Model Set (Toy)
I bought it for my boyfriend, who is 28. He thoroughly enjoyed himself setting up different models! A great buy for any age!

4.0 out of 5 stars Meccano Set, 4 Feb 2013
This review is from: Meccano 25 Model Set (Toy)
Good old Meccano. Buy a T-drive ball end hex key to aid your childs assembly of the models.
Other than that, excellent.

3.0 out of 5 stars Inaccurate Age Range, 6 Jan 2013
Mr. T MCCARTHY "Tom McCarthy" (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meccano 25 Model Set (Toy)
I bought this for my 8 year old brother as a Christmas present and there is no way he would have been able to build any of these models on his own. This is a good set with detailed instructions which made this relatively easy to assemble for me in my early twenties. If you are considering buying this for anybody under the age of 15 to completely on their own, I would seriously point you in the direction of something simpler, as I feel the age range is incredibly inaccurate and wouldn't want anybody else to waste their money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Meccano 25 set, 17 Jun 2012
This review is from: Meccano 25 Model Set (Toy)
My son is into Lego bigtime and I just wanted to get something different for him. I used to have Meccano as a kid and loved it. Son is 5 years and think this is a little beyond him at present. I built the lift model mostly..he put a few screws in.
Lego he builds with no help and takes about 2/4 hours to complete even some of the more complicated ones, millennium falcon as an example. I think mecanno is good because it's real world mechanics, but not in my opinion for children under 7yrs. Mecanno say, I think, 8-88yrs so keep that in mind.
Personally I had great fun with it and I'm 59yrs. Don't regret buying it because think he'll come back to it in about a years time. The kit itself is ingenious and includes a nice little motor. It's fiddly to build, you need patience and a bit of thought. The instructions are, I found, a little visually complex. You get a manual for 8 models, the rest of the instructions need to be printed from the mecanno site. I could'nt understand why they just did'nt give all of them in the manual. But at the end of the day..great fun and good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't ever go wrong, 9 Jan 2014
K. Prasad "krishnap" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meccano 25 Model Set (Toy)
Decades back used to live in my own world of Meccano set. This year bought on for my daughter, who just loves Lego, and hmm.. she is absolutely fallen in love with this. Once she went through the model lists she has started creating her own versions! Thanks again Meccano. Simple yet stimulating, game as well as educational. A fool proof sure shot winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars this product was just as good as excpected, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Meccano 25 Model Set (Toy)
this was a xmas gift for my great-nephew and he is thrilled to bits with it and is spending quality time building things with his Dad

5.0 out of 5 stars Good toys, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Meccano 25 Model Set (Toy)
Good for boys of all ages, from 9 to 90 ,well worth the price paid , got it for my grandson

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Meccano 25 Model Set (Toy)
I really loved it, I didn't feel time while trying to build models, I'd strongly recommend it even though I'm 25 years old

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
This review is from: Meccano 25 Model Set (Toy)
Very good purchase! Great product and highly recommended

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›