5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS product!!!
Published on 4 Jan. 2011 by Sam

1.0 out of 5 stars warning.. keeps turning off!! useless..
Published 5 months ago by n.solo

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS product!!!, 4 Jan. 2011
This review is from: TOMY TDV450 Digital Video Plus Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
I would highly recommend this product to anyone! I was unsure whether I would like a video monitor but I have to say I love it. I am shocked by the negative reviews. My babies room is pitch black at night and I can quite clearly see them when they are moving around. During the day the picture is just fine too. The range is excellent, works throughout our house with no problems.
I usually have to get my husband to set these things up and show me how it all works but I got it working first time all by myself! The navigation around the parent unit is so easy, it really is. It is everything we wanted in a monitor

1.0 out of 5 stars warning.. keeps turning off!! useless.., 21 Sept. 2014
This review is from: TOMY TDV450 Digital Video Plus Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
Needed a video monitor for my baby girl going into her own room.. this looked like a great buy at a good price! All good for a while.. then absolutely furious that over the past couple of months the camera has been intermittently been turning itself off.. which means the video screen base beeps waking us in a panic during the night. The temperature is ridiculous.. went from low 20's to 32 deg in a few minutes! And the monitor makes a loud crackling/beeping noise occasionally when sound is on. Well its been happening far to often and I have to keep returning my daughters room to try switching camera back on but most times this does not work and all i'm doing is disturbing on the creaky floor boards.. great!! I'm hoping i can get a replacement. But think i'd rather get my money back.. don't want this happening again!! Very disappointing .. rating of 1 star is so i can post review.

3.0 out of 5 stars Positives are it has a good night light and clear picture during day, 6 Aug. 2014
This review is from: TOMY TDV450 Digital Video Plus Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
Positives are it has a good night light and clear picture during day. Sound is clear and no delay.
Negatives are cant see much at night, buzzing if have sound on higher setting and signal not amazing if house walls are on the thicker side.

3.0 out of 5 stars be careful of warranty, 28 Oct. 2014
This review is from: TOMY TDV450 Digital Video Plus Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
bought this product was ok but after 8 months screen stopped working contacted company only 90 day warranty now trying to go through tomy to try get fixed the company I got from told me to do this tomy tell you its there responsibility so will have to try buying another one as I need it asap so wont be using either company again.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING product, 4 Jan. 2011
J. C. Jackson - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOMY TDV450 Digital Video Plus Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
I was very cynical about vid monitors and did not want one, for worry of turning into a paranoid freaky Mum! Our 1st one broke so hubby persuaded me... it is the best thing we have bought.
Our son has never been a good sleeper and now at 1 year old, we finally seem to be cracking it, thanks to this monitor! I am very surprised at the other reviews.. the picture quality is excellent. Considering it is pitch black at night in his room, you can still clearly see him moving around. I don't know what people expect - you are not going to see every detail, but enough to know what is going on.
The range is also excellent. We live in a 3 story victorian terrace and it works in every single room. The battery life is WAY better than our last monitor and I have it by my bed at night, with the volume off, so that if he wakes I can look to see and make a judgement call whether to go in.

I used to rush in to my son to find him standing in his cot crying for me to come in. Having this monitor has given me the confidence to leave him for a few mins to see if he resettles. I used to think if he was standing I he would not settle so there is no point leaving him - now I make a judgement call based on what I see and 9/10 times within 4 mintues he is back had down snuggling in and back to sleep.

I cannot tell you what a difference it has made, and I think going forward with toddler getting out of bed possibilities it will be so useful.

I would not hesitate to recommend this monitor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant monitor!, 8 July 2012
This review is from: TOMY TDV450 Digital Video Plus Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
I recently bought this monitor to replace my last one which had an uncomely end - my little boy threw the screen into the bath! My last monitor was identical to this one and I had absolutely no problem so when it was damaged I was at a loss as to what to replace it with. I had just had another baby and so needed another monitor. After much research (I thought that as 2 years had passed since my initial purchase that there would be some technological breakthrough!) I settled on buying exactly the same monitor again and haven't been disappointed in any way with it.

The picture quality is brilliant - sometimes a bit fuzzy in the nightlight mode but thankfully my little one is usually asleep at this time! I love that during daytime sleeps that if she is fussing a bit that I can see if she is actually awake or if she is just tossing and turning. It saves me having to run up and down the stairs to her and disturbing her unnecessarily.

The battery life is great - I use the monitor in a saver mode which only brings the picture up when there is sound from the room. The battery lasts during the day when I am moving around the house - obviously it is switched off when the baby isn't in the cot so this probably helps the preservation of battery life. At night time as the monitor is on for around 12 hours straight, I find that it lasts around 10 hours then I plug it into the mains. Don't think this would be a problem as most people usually have a plug next to the bed and the monitor beeps to alert you that the battery is low.

The monitor screen itself is compact and stylish in appearance. Set up is minimal - plug in and its ready to go. The camera is a sensible size also - I have it on a shelf next to the cot and as it has quite a long lead it I found that it can be moved around a bit. A great asset is that the camera has a night light which changes colours (you can switch this off via your monitor)I've always liked the night light as if I did have to check my little girl then I didn't need to switch on a main light or a bright lamp.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this - as I've said this is my second one and I haven't found another that compares:)

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon sent us a new one out straight away which was great and we returned the faulty one, 1 Feb. 2015
This review is from: TOMY TDV450 Digital Video Plus Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
The first one of these had no sound on it. Amazon sent us a new one out straight away which was great and we returned the faulty one. Second one initially seemed fine but it then started to turn itself off frequently. We had enough in the end and asked for a refund. They have sent us another monitor to exchange but I think I've had enough and wish to try a different one altogether so will be pushing to return and get a refund. Amazon have so far been great about sending replacements out.

5.0 out of 5 stars dont think the temp monitor was ever right but that wasnt a big issue the video and sound are fine, sure the picture wont pick o, 24 Oct. 2014
This review is from: TOMY TDV450 Digital Video Plus Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
bought this same make 4 years ago with my son,and it still works today, dont think the temp monitor was ever right but that wasnt a big issue the video and sound are fine, sure the picture wont pick out small details but you just want to know you baby hasnt fallen out of bed, great product and have just recently purchased another for our second child.....buy with confidence

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all rounder, 20 Jan. 2015
This review is from: TOMY TDV450 Digital Video Plus Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
Have been using one of these for over two years now and we wouldn't have been without it. It's brilliant. Clear pictures and sound, great range (we even used it in a hotel once and it transmitted across two floors to a function room).
Reasonable battery life. Ability to switch light on and off remotely.
We paid over £100 but at this price it is a bargain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound product, 12 Feb. 2011
This review is from: TOMY TDV450 Digital Video Plus Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
I was fairly dubious that this would work well as I live in a Regency Hove building that is constructed of bungaroosh (basically cement and flint) and the walls are extremely dense so wireless signals are very limited. My existing computer wifi network (802.11n) covers less than half the flat and requires a signal strength repeater to make it into the kitchen even though my flat is all on one floor. As you can imagine I thought that this would struggle too and so I bought it from Argos rather than Amazon for ease of return. I have been very pleasantly impressed, the signal strength is fine over the complete property and the feature set is reasonable. Don't expect too much from the resolution as it is quite low but adequate for the purpose and it works extremely well in low light. It is also really easy to use and my technophobic wife got to grips with it immediately.