5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS product!!!
Published on 4 Jan. 2011 by Sam

1.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE TAKE EXTREME CARE IF WANTING A SECOND CAMERA!!!
PLEASE TAKE EXTREME CARE IF WANTING A SECOND CAMERA!!!

Published 1 month ago by Static Cat

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS product!!!, 4 Jan. 2011
This review is from: TOMY TDV450 Digital Video Plus Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
I would highly recommend this product to anyone! I was unsure whether I would like a video monitor but I have to say I love it. I am shocked by the negative reviews. My babies room is pitch black at night and I can quite clearly see them when they are moving around. During the day the picture is just fine too. The range is excellent, works throughout our house with no problems.
I usually have to get my husband to set these things up and show me how it all works but I got it working first time all by myself! The navigation around the parent unit is so easy, it really is. It is everything we wanted in a monitor

1.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE TAKE EXTREME CARE IF WANTING A SECOND CAMERA!!!, 31 Mar. 2015
This review is from: TOMY TDV450 Digital Video Plus Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
PLEASE TAKE EXTREME CARE IF WANTING A SECOND CAMERA!!!

When buying a second camera (or as we did, replacing a faulty parent unit) please be aware that it is more luck than judgement whether it will work at all. Due to incompatibility issues between seemingly identical items there is every chance a second will not work and Tomy's response will be to try and sell you a second parent unit instead of actually helping you. No where will you find Tomy tell you that buying a second camera will lead to you owning a useless piece of plastic. It's all to do with some 'date code' lottery Tomy chose to build into its TDV450.

3.0 out of 5 stars Positives are it has a good night light and clear picture during day, 6 Aug. 2014
This review is from: TOMY TDV450 Digital Video Plus Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
Positives are it has a good night light and clear picture during day. Sound is clear and no delay.
Negatives are cant see much at night, buzzing if have sound on higher setting and signal not amazing if house walls are on the thicker side.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for the money, 5 Dec. 2012
This review is from: TOMY TDV450 Digital Video Plus Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
i did loads of reasearch before i got this cos id heard of problems with the wifi interfering with the signal. it all works great with very clear picture during the daytime, not quite so clear in the dark(picture is black & white) but plenty good enough to tell if your child needs you.colour change light & temp are nice touches. my only gripe wld be when im talking to my child via monitor there is a slight delay so i always miss the first bit of what is being said to me. im very glad i upgraded to this,( from audio only before) my 4 yr old can now play upstairs in her room when im downstairs cooking etc.its one of the best products iv brought. i did wonder how my daughter would receive this cctv but she loves it as she can request drinks etc and still sing and dance for her mum when upstairs.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING product, 4 Jan. 2011
J. C. Jackson - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOMY TDV450 Digital Video Plus Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
I was very cynical about vid monitors and did not want one, for worry of turning into a paranoid freaky Mum! Our 1st one broke so hubby persuaded me... it is the best thing we have bought.
Our son has never been a good sleeper and now at 1 year old, we finally seem to be cracking it, thanks to this monitor! I am very surprised at the other reviews.. the picture quality is excellent. Considering it is pitch black at night in his room, you can still clearly see him moving around. I don't know what people expect - you are not going to see every detail, but enough to know what is going on.
The range is also excellent. We live in a 3 story victorian terrace and it works in every single room. The battery life is WAY better than our last monitor and I have it by my bed at night, with the volume off, so that if he wakes I can look to see and make a judgement call whether to go in.

I used to rush in to my son to find him standing in his cot crying for me to come in. Having this monitor has given me the confidence to leave him for a few mins to see if he resettles. I used to think if he was standing I he would not settle so there is no point leaving him - now I make a judgement call based on what I see and 9/10 times within 4 mintues he is back had down snuggling in and back to sleep.

I cannot tell you what a difference it has made, and I think going forward with toddler getting out of bed possibilities it will be so useful.

I would not hesitate to recommend this monitor.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a CRAP monitor, do not buy it., 23 Mar. 2015
This review is from: TOMY TDV450 Digital Video Plus Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
This is a CRAP monitor, do not buy it. My poor baby was crying today and I couldn't hear him on the monitor, despite it being on the highest volume setting. You literally have to shout next to the camera to hear anything much via the monitor downstairs. The screen quality is also poor and very fuzzy, it's not very user friendly to operate and keeps losing signal too. All in all, it really is a pile of crap. I can't believe this is still sold, it needs taking off the shelves. It's one and only good feature is the in-built night light. I am sending it back, its not fit for purpose. I will be buying another Motorola MBP36s. Spend a few pounds more and get yourself a Motorola.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant monitor!, 8 July 2012
This review is from: TOMY TDV450 Digital Video Plus Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
I recently bought this monitor to replace my last one which had an uncomely end - my little boy threw the screen into the bath! My last monitor was identical to this one and I had absolutely no problem so when it was damaged I was at a loss as to what to replace it with. I had just had another baby and so needed another monitor. After much research (I thought that as 2 years had passed since my initial purchase that there would be some technological breakthrough!) I settled on buying exactly the same monitor again and haven't been disappointed in any way with it.

The picture quality is brilliant - sometimes a bit fuzzy in the nightlight mode but thankfully my little one is usually asleep at this time! I love that during daytime sleeps that if she is fussing a bit that I can see if she is actually awake or if she is just tossing and turning. It saves me having to run up and down the stairs to her and disturbing her unnecessarily.

The battery life is great - I use the monitor in a saver mode which only brings the picture up when there is sound from the room. The battery lasts during the day when I am moving around the house - obviously it is switched off when the baby isn't in the cot so this probably helps the preservation of battery life. At night time as the monitor is on for around 12 hours straight, I find that it lasts around 10 hours then I plug it into the mains. Don't think this would be a problem as most people usually have a plug next to the bed and the monitor beeps to alert you that the battery is low.

The monitor screen itself is compact and stylish in appearance. Set up is minimal - plug in and its ready to go. The camera is a sensible size also - I have it on a shelf next to the cot and as it has quite a long lead it I found that it can be moved around a bit. A great asset is that the camera has a night light which changes colours (you can switch this off via your monitor)I've always liked the night light as if I did have to check my little girl then I didn't need to switch on a main light or a bright lamp.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this - as I've said this is my second one and I haven't found another that compares:)

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon sent us a new one out straight away which was great and we returned the faulty one, 1 Feb. 2015
This review is from: TOMY TDV450 Digital Video Plus Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
The first one of these had no sound on it. Amazon sent us a new one out straight away which was great and we returned the faulty one. Second one initially seemed fine but it then started to turn itself off frequently. We had enough in the end and asked for a refund. They have sent us another monitor to exchange but I think I've had enough and wish to try a different one altogether so will be pushing to return and get a refund. Amazon have so far been great about sending replacements out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor, 13 April 2015
This review is from: TOMY TDV450 Digital Video Plus Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
Connection between cam and screen failed after 6 months or so. Common problem. Amazon dealt with AMAZINGLY. Posted out new one the same day, sent label and packaging to return old one. Up and running and no probs since. Great coverage throughout whole house. Good picture, perfect for peace of mind. Picture is amazing in daylight. Night vision pic pretty clear and certainly clear enough to what my little monkey is up to! Happy customer x

2.0 out of 5 stars click click click, 26 April 2015
This review is from: TOMY TDV450 Digital Video Plus Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
It's three in the morning and I'm writing a review, this is because this monitor keeps us awake. Not my daughter, every time she makes a noise the monitor makes a jarring clicking sound, it's not intentional it's just cheap parts and lazy design. Will end up throwing this across the room and buying a better quality unit. I'm so mad at myself for buying this on recommendation.