4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung ES70 Camera
Published on 26 May 2010 by Ms. H. Jackson

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, Good, Bad
This camera is good value for money, very easy to use, produces good pictures in good light, BUT the quality of pictures dives in anything below perfect light. Dont even get the camera out in the dark or even a dimly lit room.
Published on 2 Jan 2011 by chopper

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung ES70 Camera, 26 May 2010
Ms. H. Jackson (UK) - See all my reviews
I got this camera out of argos for 79.99 :) I think it's a good camera - i'm using it for taking pictures of my art to sell online and for use on holidays. The USB cable, like the other reviewer said, is very annoying because the cable is too short, but you do get used to it. Over all a good camera - has loads of scene modes and i got a scratch screen in the box which clicks on over the front to protect it from scratches. Also - one thing i love about this camera is the way it shoots colours - they look really vibrant. I had another Samsung before this one and it wasn't half as noticeable. Also, with the camera i bought, the wall charger is simply a plug into which you connect the USB cable - i've never had this before and am concerned about how long it's going to last.
So far tho - i've had no problems at all :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Added extras, 18 Aug 2010
Although the USB cable is a bit short, it doubles up as the charger lead too, meaning that you don't have to search for another lead when it needs charging. The photo quality's good and it comes with a neat scratch proof cover for the front which is handy. Would def. recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung ES71, 20 July 2010
I just got this camera from Amazon, and I want to say I was amazed by the delivery time. It got here 15 days before the estimate and that's impressive considering I live in the other corner of Europe.
and about the camera... it's really a great little thing, packed with plenty of automatic shooting modes that can really help you if you don't know what you're doing in terms of photography.the build quality seems to be really great (then again I think everything that Samsung makes is great so my opinion might not be the best of all), and I really like the plastic protective thing that comes in the box. the menu is not very complicated and you can easily find every function without even reading the manual. I don't really like the fact that is has a very short cable and that is doesn't have a viewfinder, but what compact camera has one these days? one word of advice for potential buyers : the camera is really small!!! so if you have "sausage fingers" like I do, you will find it difficult to push some buttons.
but when it comes to value for money, Samsung ES71 is in a class of it's own!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, Good, Bad, 2 Jan 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent little camera, 12 Dec 2010
Mr. J. Clark - See all my reviews
What it's good for:
- Shooting in good light
- Taking photos of buildings (the wide angle-lens is often useful here)
- Taking to parties (slips easily into a pocket or bag)
What it's poor at:
- Shooting in poor light (as with all cheap compacts, the tiny sensor means that the image is noisy/ mottled for evening shots)
- "Whole-room" flash shots (the flash is too puny for more than party use)
Overall, this is a decent point-and-shoot camera. It is very easy to use, with simple menus. It has some fun in-camera effects. It is quite compact, and feels solid in the hand.
When I was looking for this camera, I wanted something pocketable that I would not be too upset to lose. Before I chose the ES71, I tried out the Canon A495, which (surprisingly, given the price) had better picture quality, but was chunkier and had no wide-angle lens, the Nikon L22, which was ghastly in low light, and had less zoom range, and the Canon IXUS 105, which had better image quality but was about 30% more expensive.
Two points that may be obvious to most, but I came across on some site:
- "My mobile phone takes better pictures." Not unless you have the 2018 model! Even the Nokia N8 has a smaller sensor than the ES71
- "This compact camera takes better pictures than a DSLR." No. For the same reason - an SLR has a far bigger sensor than even the most advanced compact camera.
It's really horses for courses. And the ES71 does just fine for what I bought it for - as a camera to have on hand all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars SAMSUNG ES70 CAMERA, 4 July 2010
A. D. Mccann (Oldham UK) - See all my reviews
Camera received was an ES71, but it had the same spec as ES70. It is light, easy to use and has a long battery life. I am very pleased with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Image quality, 4 Jan 2011
S. Millson (Wales U.K) - See all my reviews
I had been looking for a camera for a pressie for my daughter this christmas. Foolishly I looked at the specs for this camera which are really very good. It is well enough made for the money and has a great zoom range and a rechargeable battery. Ignoring the 1 star reviews and believing the glowing ones was my big mistake. I though the person who said that it was not as good as their mobile phone, was being malicious. The truth is, its not. the 5MP fixed focal length cam on my nokia is way better! This camera cannot produce sharp images! It is pointless having 12.1 mp if they are all soft! The pics look ok on the lcd screen, but when viewed on a monitor they are blurred. My nikon D 50 is only half the resolution, but the pics at 640x480 have more image resolution than this at 12.1mp!
My advice. Buy a camera from a camera manufacturer like nikon, Olympus, pentax etc. this is a shocker.
Its only redeeming feature was that videos were quite good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and great to use, 25 Nov 2010
Aj Wise "wisey98" (Cyprus) - See all my reviews
Got the ES71 a couple of days ago, so haven't been able to use it in every light condition, however, from the limited time I have had it I have been impressed with the build and picture quality. It is small enough to slip into your pocket and although the auto setting can struggle a little in low light it has exceeded my expectations. Its not trying to be a replacement for a DSLR, but what it does, it does well. Short lead length? well if that's the worst problem people can find with it I am happy to give it the full 5 stars. Good one Samsung!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Does the job', 13 Jan 2011
Mr. K. Meyler - See all my reviews
Wanted a replacement for my Samsung L77 that I had nicked.This does the job perfect, metal case, nice and compact, easy to hold in hand, excellent scratch cover and for what I need a camera for which is basically holiday snaps is ideal. Took some photo's of the snowbound countryside over Christmas came out great on a 'smart' setting, if you want to be a bit more finicky there are lots of individual settings to choose from. Certainly recommend for the price. Also Li-on battery charges in camera. Connects up well with my vista operating system to place the photo's on my laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely camera, 7 Jan 2011
This is a great camera. I love taking family snaps, as well as the odd pretty scenic one, but do not have the time or patience to take a photography course or mess around with dozens of settings. I was therefore looking for a pocket sized camera which I could stick on an auto setting and still rely on good pics. This is the camera I was looking for! The smart auto setting works very well in a variety of conditions. I imagine that some pictures may possibly be even better if others settings were utilized but I've not had the need to try them. I have taken pics of kids on the move, indoor pics, outdoor pics and backlight pics (usually a disappointment with other cameras - including a recent olympus model which i ditched in favour of this samsung one). I have had samsung cameras before and they have always been good. This is the best of the lot. I would recommend this camera to anyone who wants relibly good pics without any hassle. Great little point and press camera for a very reasonable price.