5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted

2.0 out of 5 stars Compact but not great picture quality
Published on 1 Aug. 2011 by Mike Walsh

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, 1 Dec. 2010
I bought this camera after studying quite a few. I was off to spend few days in Prague - wanted some nice scenic shots - and required a camera that had the facility to just point and shoot and still produce excellent results if that is what I wanted, but still had options if I wanted to do more. This lived up to expectations 100%. It is easy to use and very neat to carry around. I am not an experienced photographer so perhaps someone with more experience might have a different opinion, but my husband has had many cameras of all makes and kinds including SLR's and he was very impressed with my little Samsung. I would recommend keeping a strap on it because, being small and shiny it is quite easy (for me anyway - and I admit to being ham fisted) for it to slip out of your hand (I actually dropped mine on the pavement but luckily it didn't seem to have done it any harm - so it must be quite durable). I am more than happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very slim, great pics, HD movies, 17 Nov. 2010
Sandra (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
I am more than happy with this camera which I bought to replace my old Canon Ixus. It is very slim, takes great shots and has a 'smart' mode which essentially sorts out what pic you are taking and optimizes everything for the best shot. I especially like the fact that it charges up via a usb cable plugged in to my laptop (or via a standard plug socket using supplied adapter) which negates the need for a separate battery charger. This camera takes excellent (HD) movie clips using a wider angle than my Ixus. A lovely little camera with lots of features for a very good price.

4.0 out of 5 stars SAMSUNG ST60 DIGITAL COMPACT CAMERA, 29 Dec. 2010
Overall a nice compact camera with good battery life. Easy to use, no very close macro, medium macro supplied. Fits easily into pocket for parties and ease of transportation. Very good mode features. Flash is just about ok. Good night facility with tripod. Clarity of lens good for camera price, won't suit enthusiast. Smart facility a good addition. Make sure you use the strap as the camera can be slippy. I feel the product should be supplied with full instruction use booklet, and not the annoying online Adobe manual(You cant have a P.C. everywhere you producers take note.)I would feel the top of the range Samsung must be up there with the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy of the year for me, 22 May 2011
Jus Robinson (London and Weymouth, UK) - See all my reviews
I love to take photos but can't be bothered to make photography a hobby - way too much hassle to lug all that stuff around and learn all the technical clap trap. So, I want something that takes great portraits, good landscapes, and the occasional attempt at something 'arty'...but, that can be operated by an idiot with the technical age of a backward toddler from Norfolk and can also fit in my trouser pocket (the camera, not the toddler).

This little camera was only about £55 or something and had differing reviews - I went with the majority and plumped for it. One holiday, a couple of weekends away and countless nights and days out later and I have more photos than you can shake a stick at (plus the stick) and the only ones that aren't good are because I didn't hold the camera still or something.

The little modes are useful (especially the "Backlight" one for outdoors on a bright day, which works amazingly well), but to be honest if you stick it on auto and let it decide for itself it does a better job than I can of choosing the correct mode.

Haven't used the video much, but when i have it has had excellent light and good sound (I'd post a copy but my girlfriend thinks we'd be arrested).

Downsides? None have become apparent yet, have to wait and see. Love to say something bad about something once, but to be honest I've had a lot of luck with recent purchases - especially considering that I know nothing about anything.

Toodle pip

2.0 out of 5 stars Compact but not great picture quality, 1 Aug. 2011
Bought this camera to be a pocket alternative to my Nikon DSLR. It fits in my pocket nicely & does take good HD movie clips, BUT...it's not a great stills camera. Too often pictures come out blurry, colour not very vibrant & zoom not great. Clearly judging against a DSLR is unfair, but simply not even as good as my old Canon compact. Nearly went for a Nikon Coolpix & wished I had.

1.0 out of 5 stars Please do not buy, 9 Aug. 2011
The zoom stopped working a few days after using. Takes poor quality pictures unless the light is absoluetely right. Hence cannot take pictures in dim light, inside clubs etc. Complete waste of money. Very slippery camera body. I am very disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Compact but with flaws, 17 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Samsung ST60 Digital Camera - Red (12MP, 4x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch TFT Screen (Electronics)
I bought this camera because I like to keep a camera in my pocket and I need it to be compact. This camera is certainly compact but owing to nature of my needs I find that there are a few flaws. The biggest flaw is that, since this is a camera to carry in my pocket, the review button is too accessible! It is situated on the rear of the camera and turns on to review photos independantly of the on/off button - so very often turns on in my pocket and hence wastes battery. Also, the zoom function does not like the cold weather and causes the whole camera to freeze and the battery needs to be taken out to get the camera working again. Apart from that this is a nice little camera. The menu is easy to use and pretty self explanatory. I don't think I would choose this make/model again, but it does the job.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing but trouble, 5 Sept. 2011
I bought this camera in April 2010 and after just 5 months it started to go wrong. It is now September 2011 and my camera has had 6 seperate faults including recurring problems with the lens and large black spots on the screen - I haven't been able to use it properly in more than a year. Even though my camera was under warranty I was refused a refund/ replacement 5 times. It has taken me 18 months of fighting to finally be offered a replacement and all they will give me is the same model again! The worst purchase I have ever made. It's compact and looks good but if you want a camera that actually works, buy something else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy Camera!, 29 May 2011
I bought this a little while back, because I was going of on a trip. It was perfect! Small and light so I could easily slip it into my pocket ready for any funny moments! The screen on the back is a good size to show people photos and I got my head around the controls pretty quickly, and they are useful - a good selection of different modes! And a very good buy, I would recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars super mini camera, 14 Jan. 2011
I received this camera as a christmas present and i am absolutely delighted with it , we looked at lot of cameras and for my needs this came out best. It was a samsung st 60. I had a red one which is lovely and bright.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›