5.0 out of 5 stars I recommend this paint, and have tried to answer questions you may have about it in my review
I moved house this year and wanted to cover the red painted fences with a colour more to my taste. The ducksback in Silver Copse was not stocked with the other colours in my local supermarket or DIY store so I ordered it from Amazon. I admit I was apprehensive about how well a 5l tin of paint would travel, because if one of those goes over the weight of the paint inside...
Published 4 months ago by Glittergirl

1.0 out of 5 stars Simply doesnt last
Looked very nice but peeled off in less than one year. Not impressed given the price, manual labour and "5 year guarantee". All i got from customer services was that the paint does not work well on "smooth services". Well thats excellent.
Published 2 months ago by Nanoboy

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Once every five years can't be bad!, 27 Oct 2014
Super quick delivery and well packaged although despite all the tape and padding there was still a little leakage, not enough to worry about however. I chose Autumn Gold, although in hindsight I wish I'd chosen forest brown, I used a special brush for the purpose and it went on my one year old fence smoothly and mess free. It didn't go as far as I'd hoped so I had to order another tin for the second coat. I did lots of research before choosing Ducksback and so far it has lived up to expectations, it seems to be a superior product and I'll get more next year for the shed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Autumn Brown - beware - it's virtually orange, 5 Aug 2014
Wish I'd read the reviews first, but being Cuprinol and a product I've used before (not this colour) I didn't think.

Autumn brown appeared as a near walnut brown on screen, chestnut brown on the label on the can, and somewhere between chestnut brown and orange when painted and dry on new wood. (It's alarmingly orange in the can, but does dry a shade darker.)

It should tone down a bit on weathered or darker wood, but I suspect sunglasses will still be needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ducksback Fence Stain, Autumn Gold, 23 Sep 2013
D. J. Perrot "heavenlyhaggis" (Wakefield, England) - See all my reviews
Brightened up a somewhat dull fence wonderfully. I have already received several nice compliments re the finished look. Will be ordering again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware of the colour, 26 Sep 2014
Bought to paint the shed which hasn't been done for a very, very long time! Went on well and was absorbed quickly by the wood. I wouldn't choose this colour again, it goes on very orange and dries slightly darker. It is much more orange than the colour on the tin appears (looks like it should be a darker, rich brown). I would buy Cuprinol again, just not the colour!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, waterproof, good coverage, 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: Cuprinol 5L Ducksback 5 Year Waterproof for Sheds and Fences - Forest Green (DIY & Tools)
I bought this to paint my new fence - one coat would have sufficed but with two coats the colour really stood out. will definitely buy again without a doubt. good value and very waterproof! i also had an old unpainted grey coloured fence - after 2 coats paint really stood out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good coverage, 7 July 2013
Goes a long way and is easy to apply. Good shade for making garden seem bigger and planting seem thicker.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cuprinol for sheds, 10 Oct 2012
Pros - product quality is excellent. Good value for money. I actually needed less than 5 Litres for the shed.

Cons - It was the wrong colour (but that was probably my mistake). Too light for the shed (my shed is dark brown).

Will recommend to anyone but choose the right colour.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good For Fences, 30 Oct 2014
Very easy to apply (with a brush) and two coats proved sufficient for the worst affected areas. May need refreshing next year, but as there is loads left over this will not be a problem. I would recommend this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bright orange, 7 Jun 2014
Just started painting the shed with this. It's the brightest shade of orange I've ever seen. Stopped and now trying to scrub the whole thing off. What a waste of money.

2.0 out of 5 stars item arrived but wrong colour, very difficult process to ..., 7 Aug 2014
item arrived but wrong colour, very difficult process to return. communication with seller was a challenge
wont order this item again

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›