Published 6 months ago by Glittergirl

1.0 out of 5 stars Simply doesnt last
Looked very nice but peeled off in less than one year. Not impressed given the price, manual labour and "5 year guarantee". All i got from customer services was that the paint does not work well on "smooth services". Well thats excellent.
Published 4 months ago by Nanoboy

5.0 out of 5 stars I recommend this paint, and have tried to answer questions you may have about it in my review, 22 July 2014
I moved house this year and wanted to cover the red painted fences with a colour more to my taste. The ducksback in Silver Copse was not stocked with the other colours in my local supermarket or DIY store so I ordered it from Amazon. I admit I was apprehensive about how well a 5l tin of paint would travel, because if one of those goes over the weight of the paint inside will have the lid off in no time...
However knowing how good Amazon customer service is I decided it was worth the risk to get the colour I liked best. I needn't have worried! The paint pot had a strap over the lid to keep it secure, the pot was sealed in a plastic back, the plastic bag was padded around with brown paper and the whole lot was in a cardboard box sealed with tape specifying "fragile". As a result the paint arrived in absolutely perfect condition. Well done to the packers! It also arrived one day after placing the order, absolutely fantastic!
Now the paint itself...
I applied with a brush because in my personal opinion you get better coverage and can work it into the wood well. I can't comment on how well this paint may spray therefore.
With a brush it goes on well and after one coat the fence looked a bit purple/pink where the red still showed through the grey. After a second coat the fence is definitely grey and I imagine I'll put on a third coat for luck as the wood was very dry and "thirsty" for the paint.
The colour itself is like a smokey blue/grey, I really like it, but bear in mind it could look blue-ish to you so if that isn't going to fit with your garden colour scheme you maybe should try one of the Cuprinol shades (these also cover very well in my past experience).
One 5l tin has covered two 6ft fence panels with trellis top with 2 coats, and a third panel has had one coat so far, plus a small amount of a fourth panel has been given one coat. Coverage depends a lot on application, and I'm probably quite messy (there were a few splashes on the soil!), but I thought it might help to know how much coverage other users are getting from each pot.
Incidentally the paint says you should recoat within 2-3 days of the first coat, so that is why I have recoated some panels already without finishing the whole lot first! I used some washing up liquid to help clean my brush, as the wax in the paint makes it feel greasy in water and I don't think I could've washed all the paint out with water alone.
Hope this helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Water Off A Shed's Back, 10 Aug. 2014
I bought this just before Hurricane Bertha passed by the UK as I'd just moved house and the shed in the back garden looked a little worse for wear cosmetically, all dried up looking.
The can was perfectly packaged, taped all around the can lid so there was no leaks and delivered in a very strong transparent plastic bag.
I did cheat a little on preparation of application tho. Instead of sanding down (soooooo boring lol) I power washed it instead. Result! I left it to dry for the day and applied the Ducksback shed paint. It went on so easy and soaked into the wood like butter on warm toast (mmmm I'm hungry now). The size of my shed is about the size of a single garage but not quite so long, a car will fit in but the boot will stick out the doors and one can of Ducksback did the whole of the outside of my shed (apart from the roof).
It rained the following day and it worked perfectly. The rain just slipped down the shed sides, the wood didn't look wet at all! In fact, it looks like I've bought a new shed!

5.0 out of 5 stars good stuff, 12 May 2013
This is the first time I have painted a fence. Ducksback went on easily with a brush and was quickly 'sucked' into the dry wood of a weathered fence. Coverage was as said. I was covering a rather nasty bright green so chose Woodland Moss
to tone it down a bit without making it too hard for me by picking a completely different colour. With one coat the fence is now a more pleasant dull green and the rain is repelled. Time will tell how long this will last.
Only negative comment is that I couldn't find a stockist of 10 L tins, it was a bit more expensive to buy the 5L size.

4.0 out of 5 stars great product, very good delivery time shame about the packing, 30 July 2012
L. J. Kirk (Newark Notts) - See all my reviews
this product is brilliant it does exactly as it says on the tin, I paid extra for quick delivery as I needed to get on with painting my garden furniture but the packaging was terrible, if it wasnt for the fact I needed the paint I would have returned it as the paint had leaked into the box, the box was too big and the packaging was just brown paper, nothing to stop it rolling around in the box, so be aware when buying, the product is great but the packaging lets it down

1.0 out of 5 stars Simply doesnt last, 4 Sept. 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but patience is required, 7 Jun. 2013
At first we thought there was a problem with this paint. One coat just disappeared, two was much the same. I trawled the reviews and found others had experienced the same. Several coats later we have two sheds sporting the colour I wanted. Has yet to be tested as regards weather, and I know it will e much better when it needs repainting. So time and effort is required but all in all good and paint goes a very long way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cuprinol five year fence and shed paint- Autumn Brown, 8 May 2013
Have tried numerous other products, but then I hit on this one and it ticks all the boxes, hence my ordering more. Quality product easy to use, true to the colour code and whilst I don't think it lasts five years it certainly gives you a good three . Overall, I like it and do recommend it to my family and friends.
Thanks for making a boring job great

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 27 May 2013
We have just painted our fence. Cuprinol Ducks Back is a thick consistency applied with a Brush. We went for a Brown colour, instead of green. Put 2 coats on. Looked good with one coat but they recommend 2-3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuprinol Duckback had very good reviews on numerous sites so decided to give it ..., 7 Oct. 2014
I have a old (25 year) 6 x 4 shed that was looking it's age, due to my neglect of it. So I did a bit of research on products that are available and there are a lot out their for shed protector product. Cuprinol Duckback had very good reviews on numerous sites so decided to give it a go. Delivery time was next day with the packaging first rate, well protected against any form of knocks. The product went on easy and gave good coverage. The shed looked a lot better so decided to give it another then another coat the results were excellent with the shed looking like a new buy (just look at tongue and groove shed prices!) Cleaning the brush was simple just wash under running water you cant get better than that. The Green is not in your face but blends in very well next to a hedge and Silver Birch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuprinol Ducksback Preservative, 14 Jan. 2014
Excellent product, exactly as advertised, and easy to apply. Of course I can't comment on how well it meets its 5 year "guarantee".