Published on 27 April 2011 by Mr. C. D. Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Inpractical for a 1.5 year old
As soon as I put this jacket on my 1.5 year old I knew it would not work. It was a correct fit, but you could see that as soon as the kid hits the water, the jacket would ride up and make the little one very uncomfortable. I ended up buying a floatsuit instead (read my review) - with which I am very happy.
Published 20 months ago by Amazonka

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Check boyancy floats so it does not tip your toddler head forward, 27 April 2011
Mr. C. D. Smith (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I Bought this for my 18 Month old son (at the time) before going to Florida last summer. The Jacket is well made of good quality materials and is very sturdy, the zip is very strong and the jacket fitted snugly around my Son. I noticed that there are compartments around the life jacket that constains polystyrene floats that can be removed, this is a good thing because by default, the balance of the jacket was not right and it kept on tipping my son forward in the water which was concerning, however after removing some of the floats in the back compartments, I managed to get the balance just right so my Son was upright and balanced in the water. after this we had great fun in the Villa pool and my Son felt very confident (too confident at times :-)) running around and jumping from the side of the pool where I would catch him in the water. Great product would recommend to anyone, just check the balance when using the first time to ensure it keeps your little tyke upright. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Kid / Happy Parent | Great Jacket!!, 29 Jun. 2015
My kid is 18 months old and the jacket is a bit large for him (He has always been a small baby :) ) as you may see by the pictures.

The jacket comes with inside pockets where we can adjust how many floating parts we fit and more at the back or at the front depending on how we want. This will much depend on our kids movements and its a matter of personally trying and see what fits the best depending on the children off course.

The quality is just fine and he likes the jacket, but as expected he cant be without very close supervision as at this age they tend to make movements that will easily put them on their back or with the face down.

Im happy with it specially because my kid is getting used to the sensation of floating and in a few months time it will fit perfectly allowing him to have more freedom in the water.

I also have a 6 years old, and the process was the same, now he swims nicely without the help of any floating device.
All in all happy kid, Happy parent :)

Hope it helps
RJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 6 Sept. 2011
Natasha Williams (London) - See all my reviews
This was great for my 18 month old! He loved it and I felt that he was very safe in the swimming pool wearing it. Love the fact that you can reduce the floats in it as they get more confident in the water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buoyancy aid when learning to swim, 1 July 2014
This review is from: Splash About Kids Neoprene Float Jacket with Adjustable Buoyancy (Sports Apparel)
My 2 1/2 year old is using this as part of her structured swimming lesson plan and it is wonderful. She loves being able to go off around the pool on her own with out Daddies help. I would however say that she has had swimming lessons for 12 months and knew the basics already before being introduced to this piece of kit. I have seen reviews stating that this was no good and their kids could not turn over etc. in it, my daughter had no problems at all the first time she used it but this is because she does already know how to swim (just not unaided), I would never recommend leaving a child who cannot swim unattended in this or any other buoyancy aid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funky, safe swimwear., 19 Jun. 2014
Great. Funky. Perfect size. Makes your Littlie the coolest in the pool.
More than happy with this purchase...and for a great price too!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good fit and a very useful item, 15 May 2013
Fits well, supports well, appears to be strong enough, took a little getting used to for the little one but he is happy now

5.0 out of 5 stars My non-swimmer 3rd yr old was safe and happy in his jacket jumping in the pool!, 1 Jun. 2015
Fit my 3 yr old daughter well with some growing room but not enough to let it ride upwards or slip off when jumping endlessly into the pool. Didn't need to take any individual floats out either. Both my children were able to move freely and manage their position in the water effortlessly with these jackets on and it was a huge relief knowing they were safe as they cannot yet swim unaided..

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 23 Sept. 2013
This is good quality and certainly has helped my son feel more confident in the water.
He will be two next month and I am pretty sure he is of average size, but there isnt really any room left for growth - it certainly wont fit next summer.
I would suggest going a size up if your child is anywhere near the cut off age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring on the summer holiday, 10 May 2014
My son will be 2 when we go abroad and thought this would be perfect, tried it out at our local swimming pool and it's brilliant, over time he will be able steady his balance in the water but for peace of mind around swimming pools it's great and he seemed to be comfortable in it. Defo recommend for little toddlers.

2.0 out of 5 stars Inpractical for a 1.5 year old, 11 Oct. 2013