5.0 out of 5 stars Safe, but sound :)
Published 23 months ago by Meemeezmom

Bought this for our new puppy (Boston Terrier) so size wise ideal for a small puppy/dog. Previously had a much larger one for our beagle Scooby but felt as though a smaller one would be better suited to a puppy etc. Also less heavy for putting into car. Hence buying this one.

Published 3 months ago by Alessi Lover

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe, but sound :), 27 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Ellie-Bo Dog Puppy Cage Folding 2 Door Crate with Non-chew Metal Tray Small 24-inch Black (Misc.)
This cage was so easy to construct - it does have instructions with it - but really is foolproof. The slip out tray is great for washing & ease to get out. A basic puppy training pad, for puppies fits it & you can def fit the Yap mats in there for when they are to sleep - I bought my Yap mats from Amazon also and they are great quality. I would recommend the clip on water bowl, it fits and doesn't come off & when you have to go out & leave your little one in it's cage you know it is safe & watered. The only thing i was a little surprised at was the handle, instead of it being a clip on metal handle it was a plastic handle, now the cage weighs quite a bit - to me as i am disabled - and with the puppy/dog in it it makes me a little nervous whether the plastic handle will 'handle' the weight, but time will tell. For now, she is safe and sound in her cage. I was very happy with this purchase and it didn't break the bank. I was at the vet's & saw a plastic dog carrier about the same size with the metal door and it was £15 more than this, so to me it is a bargain. Not only is your pet safe, but you can attach water and should the handle break, make another out of an old wire coat hanger or carry the cage as is, totally up to you :) This fits snugly into my cars front seat and i can put a seat belt round it and move my pet in safety, so many pluses for it ergo i didn't mark it down for the plastic handle. This is a good, strong cage so be reassured

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, 2 Oct. 2012
The dog cage is just what we wanted, our little cairn terrier loves it and uses it as nightly sleeping quarters (door closed), a den during the day (door open) and also car travel (door closed). Excellent well made product that fits nicely into the corner of the kitchen and the back of the car.
Smudge loves it and keeps it very tidy !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent Cage for our Cat,, 5 Aug. 2011
We needed an open cage for our cat,we had purchased two in the past but they were to small and dark and made out of material when closed up which made our cat ill when traveling in the car,but now this cage fits just right in the rear of the car and can be secured down,and our cat is not to hot and can see everything that is going on,Delivery was very fast,Well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Puppy Cage, 8 Feb. 2012
This item arrived well within the estimated delivery time. It arrives in it's collapsed state (great for storage) but is very easy to construct as all the bits are joined together anyway. I would say it took me around 3 minutes to clip all sides secuely into place. It's a very well made and sturdy cage and I think it will make a great home for the new puppy once he arrives with us. The only downside that I can see which is not overly clear from the picture is that both access doors are not level with the base tray of the cage, there is actually a good two inches of cage frame which could make a small puppy think twice about walking in and out. I'm hoping that once I've placed the bedding mattress inside, it won't look so daunting for a pup with short legs. Overall, for the cost, I am happy with this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to put up- Fast delivery, 5 July 2012
Was recommended the Ellie-Bo range and Im glad I did it. Crate is very easy to put up (except for trapping my finger in the hook which was painful!) just be careful!
Delivery was faster than expected.. Now looks like a very comfy den for my baby!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Jan. 2014
Just the job for my puppy, keeping her contained so she can keep and eye on me while I keep and eye on her!
We have a Westie puppy but this will still be used when she is fully grown!
This is very well made and the 2 doors are a bonus
Glad we bought it and Bella seems to like it after a bit of coaxing too!
Delivered before we expected so very happy all round!

3.0 out of 5 stars Black Metal Dog/Puppy Crate - Door Latch Issues Otherwise a Good Buy, 18 Nov. 2014
Alessi Lover "C.A.D." (Knightley UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Well the first dog crate that came had an issue with the door latches on the bigger door. More a case of close one latch but then the other would not match up. Really looked like that when being made the measurements went slightly off scale. So if suffering with OA or not having hands that can really wrestle with the door latch I would avoid it.

Annoying as when looking at the crate on line it seemed ideal, with it having the two door openings, easier for putting into a room space wise etc. Another thing the metal tray underneath does not appear to come out, if it does I must be missing something other than my fingertips as that is how it feels when trying to get it out. Anti bad wipes will have to do their job on this I am thinking.

A shame really as the weight of it feels sturdy, but only one handle on top. That does not feel that hefty either, would I feel safe carrying puppy into the car by using just the handle? No would get other half to lift whole crate in instead.

Well first one sent back re door latch fault, eventually get another (delivery companies think we have all been there and been let down). Second one, it has exactly the same issues as the first one door latches. Is really a case of shut one and the other does not match up, not quite as bad as first and other half has taken various tools to it to move it slightly now. Also in position using the smaller door, so not a major problem. But with it being advertised as a two door opening crate. (Yes, I know it opens but closing s different matter). Feel a little let down. Obviously a manufacturing fault must have been a Friday when this batch was made as one it does happen but two with same issue a fault I would say.

It is black in colouring and only time will tell if the black coating comes off any of the crate. Will update at a later date to say how it is wearing.

So a dog crate that seems a good price for what it is, but do bear in mind that you may be unlucky and only get one door that latches properly instead of the two as meant. Hopefully Amazon will make the makers aware of the probem, as looking at other reviews it is not just myself that has experienced this fault, once the faults corrected it should be as good as it was meant to be. We were into two crates and same issue but could not wait for another to be delivered etc as needed it for new puppy, just do bear in mind if ordering to make sure you allow enough time for maybe having to send it back like I did. Would have been easier thinking to look at pet shops and buy one but the price of this seemed too good to be true.

UPDATE. Well colouring has only come off slightly on hinge part so not too bad. Crate still being used and even with puppy now 17 weeks old and bigger still remains on floor without sliding about even on tiled floor. He does tend to bite near the hinge parts at times but still all intact even with throwing himself up and down at times. The floor tray easy to wipe with Antibac wipes or I do steam mop it twice a week too just incase. To be honest though no really mess in it apart from wee accidents overnight when soaked through puppy pad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Puppy Cage, 16 Dec. 2011
Excellent product, sturdy and well made would recommend to friends. Arrived promptly and was easy to put together. Very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 11 Dec. 2013
Ideal for my Westie puppy she is now at home in it. Looked at more expensive cages but thought I would try this as so many good reviews. I am glad I did as it is a great value cage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 10 Dec. 2013
We bought this to replace a larger cage which we use to transport our cat, which was too big for our new car and very heavy. Fits easily in to the back of our smallish car with one of rear seats folded down. We need such a large cage so that there's space for small litter tray (17" long litter tray fits perfectly across the cage), plus a bed/pad. Our cat gets a bit upset in the car so space for the litter tray is essential for getting her to the cattery.

Well built but reasonably heavy, but I can carry cage, cat and litter tray without too much effort.