1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars The definitive quickstart for webcenter, 31 Mar 2010
A. R. Santagata "Angelo" (London,UK) - See all my reviews
A great kick-starter

This is what I call a great book for bootstrapping any development team. Webcenter 11g is a product with great breadth and depth and thus to develop for it you need to know something on Weblogic Server basics, some ADF, webcenter framework and portal/portlet standards. The book takes you through a voyage taking you from the basics of weblogic server , through ADF development and then very quickly onto the meat on how to develop webcenter applications, covering in depth portlets with interportlet communication and how to use the webcenter enterprise 2.0 services.. There's even a sneak preview of how Oracle Fusion Applications is leveraging Oracle Webcenter

Although I consider myself a seasoned Webcenter 11g Architect, I found the book enlightening and I found lots of golden nuggets (aka hints and tips) which itself made the book worth reading.

I'd definitively recommend this book to anyone, from architect to developer, who is looking to implement a Webcenter 11g landscape..

Although this is a great starter book, I'd also strongly recommend also reading the JDeveloper 11g Handbook (general all round ADF and JDeveloper) and the Oracle Fusion Developer Guide (ADF Faces in depth)..

Enjoy the reading!