5.0 out of 5 stars after a basic motion-activated ip camera... look no further
Published on 18 Sep 2011 by Jonny M

3.0 out of 5 stars Great camera but not as easy to setup as it appears
Published on 8 Dec 2010 by Limah

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Great camera but not as easy to setup as it appears, 8 Dec 2010
This review is from: Wireless CCTV IP Home Security Camera. Easy Set-up System, 2 Way Audio, Free Windows and Mac NVR Software, iPhone/iPad Viewing, Built-in Cloud Recording System & More. EyeSpy247F+ (Electronics)
Once the Eyespy camera is set up it works very well and in my opinion very good value for money. However setting it up was not as straight forward as it could have been. I was unable to set up the camera using the supplied software so had to locate the camera IP address to access its interface. The Help desk responded quickly to my questions but I did not find the responses particularly helpful; they were quite vague. In the end I found the IP address by going into the router's interface and looking for attached devices. The other problem I had was registering the camera with the Eyespy website. I can't explain why because I ended up upgrading my router and that seemed to resolve the problem. Reading other reviews I think the registration problem may have been a compatibility issue with the router. I was using a 3 year old O2 wireless router. I'm now using the latest O2 wireless router. Like other reviews, I would say that the instructions were not as clear as they could have been. But with all this said, I am very happy with the camera now its up and running and am I plan to purchase another.

5.0 out of 5 stars after a basic motion-activated ip camera... look no further, 18 Sep 2011
Reading other reviews, I was a little concerned regarding the ease of set up of the camera: have to say, I was very pleasantly surprised. I am reasonably tech savvy and am confident that in conjunction with the very helpful youtube set up video, pretty much any one will have little or no trouble. Wired or wireless are equally straightforward to set up (although I have since gone back to a wired connection as it's more stable - not a comment on the wireless capabilities of the camera itself (which seems fine), rather a general comment on the general 'flakiness' of wireless connections). Image quality is good (perfectly good enough for its intended use anyway) and management of the camera (either through the website or ip address 'panel') works well. My only criticism is of the dedicated mobile phone page - this is very basic and needs to be developed further (I have been accessing the main web page through my phone instead - this works OK but uses significantly more mobile bandwidth). A properly designed and implemented app (Android, please!) would be the obvious next step, and take this camera to the next level. Having said that, the automatic email notifications (can select sms as well) work really well. Overall though, really pleased. Does exactly what it says on the box and does it well. Might be tempted to try one of Eyespy's more expensive cameras at a later date.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eyespy247 camera & free 12 month account, 16 Nov 2010
I have recently purchased the Eyespy 247 & was very impressed with the simplicity of the camera set up, which in my case connected direct to the wireless router via a LAN cable without having to bother with any IP address issues or port forwarding.
Clear printed instructions are supplied & also two small video clips are available via the net to guide you through the process. One video deals with the initial set up parameters & account configuration. The other clip explains once the camera is functioning via the LAN cable how to enable the wireless link between the camera & router. The whole process only takes a few minutes & once this is done the camera is virtually portable, no cables except for the power supply. More cameras can also be added to the system if needed.
The camera(s) can be accessed from any remote location by entering a username & password into your Eyespy website account & can record in real time, be scheduled to record at preset times or monitor constantly for movement. If movement is detected an email or text message can be sent as an alert.
Any problems encountered however minor can be sorted via eyespy's excellent email support.
I certainly would not hesitate to recommend this product to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Problems working with Win 7 64 bit, 12 July 2013
M. EDWARDS "Mervyn" (WINCHESTER, HANTS United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
A number of things you should be aware of:

1. This camera does not offer IR illumination, therefore cannot be used in the dark. ( I know it doesn't claim this in the spec, but it is easily missed when comparing with other cameras)
2. I was unable to get the setup wizard to recognise the camera. Without this you cannot determine the IP address of the camera and hence you cannot use any of the supplied software. After some assistance from the help desk (which responded very promptly) I finally loaded the setup software onto my netbook running win7 32bit and it all worked. The setup software when running on a Win7 64 bit system, in my case, did not recognise the camera.
3. The enclosed software to connect to the Eyespy247 system works well. Although it is currently free (with storage and notification limitations)it is not clear if it will remain so and whether or not at some time I will be asked to pay.
4. Fortunately you do not necessarily have to use the Eyesp247 system as there is perfectly adequate software enclosed to capture videos on your computer (but you will need to keep the computer running)

All in all a good purchase with the above limitations.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well once `set up', 29 Nov 2010
The Eyespy247 works well once set up. However despite being very computer literate I had difficulty, and had to frequently communicate by email with Eyespy Support team to get the camera set up right. (In my case a telephone communication channel would have been helpful and speeded things up.) There were two main reasons for the setting up difficulty namely (1) my Orange Livebox was not, or so I was told, as straightforward to set up as some other routers and (2) the User Guide and other literature supplied was not very explicit. The HelpFile merely repeated what was already in the User Guide. A networking expert may well find the set up straight forward but I did not, and for a product that is being marketed to the general public, this is not good enough. Some of the actions required were not intuative as per normal computer set up procedures, and this confused me somewhat. I am pleased with the result now I have it fully functioning. (It took me best part of two weeks on and off and numerous emails). So even with with prompt email responses from Eyespy Support it took a considerable amount of my time and even though I am retired I still consider my time valuable. I have had the camera running for two weeks now and it has performed as specified, so my final comments would be that if you are willing to persevere the camera is worth while.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't do it, 21 Jun 2012
I've never written a review before but I felt I had to with this product. I bought this expecting it to be a plug and play device but it's a joke, it's so complicated if your router doesn't recognise the camera. I should've known there would be trouble when I found the CD with the software wasn't in the box. Buyer beware, if you think you know your way round a computer won't be good enough for this product, you'll need a degree in computer science.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entirely satisfied, 23 Jan 2011
In summary, it does exactly what it says. It looks great and quality feels solid. To get up and running was a piece of cake. Picture quality was impressive and sound OK. Where I needed help was with remote access which meant grappling with a budget Greek router. Routers have caused me immense pain before when attempting remote access to BT Vision with a Sling Box - I nearly lost the will to live. Andy and Martin manned the support desk over the weekend and gave me rapid, appropriate and straight forward advice to get me up and running. For the benefit of those reading this, my Router had no "Nat Loopbak" [quite common I imagine] which in layman's terms means that there is no point test the product by trying to access "remotely" from your own home network - you need to see if remote access works from another network (e.g. your friend's place). This can be on anyone's PC / laptop / device including your own, but just not the same router as your camera is using. In summary, this product is excellent in its own right but for the price, it must be the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Neat Little Camera!, 20 Jun 2010
A very neat camera which was straightforward to install, although it took a few attempts to get it running properly on my wireless network. Once it was up and running, the online facilities are comprehensive and highly configurable, once one becomes familiar with the capabilities, although it's worth taking care to set your logging & recording preferences as the defaults result in considerable amounts of data being stored and the receipt of hundreds of email alerts! Overall, a good system that does exactly what it says on the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eyespy247F+ wireless camera, 14 Sep 2010
Great camera and excellent telephone support. Camera arrived very quickly and was very easy to set up in basic form. However I had trouble registering it with Eyespy and it turned out to be a router incompatibility. Eyespy couldn't have been more helpful and spent quite a time with me getting it all set up. It is now working fine and doing just what is says on the box and in the Amazon blurb although it does not have a iphone/Blackberry function, so doesn't work well with those.

3.0 out of 5 stars home, 21 Nov 2013
It only works on my home network I can't get it to work when I am away from home
So not a good bey