5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely
Published on 27 April 2010 by J. Gadd

3.0 out of 5 stars Chilled Beats
Mixed reviews here, and average reviews in the music press, which I can only agree with, but not in the same league as Dial 'M' for Monkey or Animal Magic, both of which should be essential purchases for any "coffee lounge" chill out fan.

Published on 1 April 2010 by M. Stevens

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 27 April 2010
J. Gadd - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black Sands (Audio CD)
This is a superb album, perfect for a lazy summer afternoon. The tracks featuring Andreya Triana are beautiful and I'm struggling to see how other reviewers don't feel the drumming is up to par. Have they listened to "Animals"? Do yourselves a favour and buy it on vinyl though, the artwork is stunning and you get a free MP3 download anyway. A win win aituation if ever there was one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Take me to Black Sands., 6 Feb 2012
This review is from: Black Sands (Audio CD)
To me this beautiful album literally takes me somewhere else. I am on Black Sands the contour lines of which are seen on the disc and the album artwork is the view from a hideaway. If you havent listened to this album that will just make me seem like a raving lunatic. But this album is amazing and everytime I listen i find something new. Buy this.

My current mission it so find a perfect pair of head phones that will play this in the quality it truley deserves.

3.0 out of 5 stars Chilled Beats, 1 April 2010
This review is from: Black Sands (Audio CD)

An album you can put on in the background, eating, drinking, entertaining.... and it passes quite nicely.... you could imagine this forming the soundtrack of a 21st Century "This Life", replacing the excellent Portishead soundscape from the original series back in the mid-90's. The album has plenty of jazz and world influences, so if you like your beats with ethnic origins, it may be one for you, but buy the other two first (and follow that with Days to Come before this one)to really appreciate what Bonobo can do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chilled but funky, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Black Sands (Audio CD)
Well it not the first album i have from him and has again great production. great to test systems on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect album, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Black Sands [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Been listening to Bonobo for years, he is just fantastic. After hearing this album back in 2011 I've seen him and his group twice after falling in love with the music. Works great in so many scenarios as well, eating a meal, communting, chilling with friends, late night and more. It's an instant classic in the electronica world and I'm glad I have it on vinyl also.

5.0 out of 5 stars In a word ... gorgeous, 24 Dec 2013
Sáss Alćssí (Congleton. Cheshire East, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black Sands (MP3 Download)
Bonobo are without doubt were a new name to me when I first downloaded this album and I was so impressed that since buying this album I've now got everything they've released and a few naughty remixes here and there from a man down an alleyway who shall remain nameless hehehe.
Bonobo remind me of my cousins back home in Iceland, we love these sort of soundscapes, the bands in Iceland are pro's at creating mountains out of music and Bonobo should have a holiday there and they'll see what I mean.
They fit right in against Sigur Rós, Múm, Jónsi & Alex, CocoRosie, the non Icelandic 'Shpongle', and the Scottish 'Boards Of Canada'.
Brilliant group, cannot wait for their next outing.
Peace friends.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good to relax to, 26 Oct 2013
This review is from: Black Sands (MP3 Download)
Heard this whilst I was at the Chiropractor and thought I'd like it a lot. It's okay if a bit repetitive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bonobo = Brilliant, 27 Mar 2013
This review is from: Black Sands [VINYL] (Vinyl)
My ex-girlfriend got me into Bonobo, I bought this for valentines day and ended up buying myself a copy, I would definitely recommend buying this.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite album of the last few years, 19 Mar 2013
N. M. Croucher "Crouch-Booty" (Cornwall, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black Sands (Audio CD)
The header says it all. I recommend you listen to a couple of tracks on youtube and then promptly buy this album!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect lounge music, 17 Oct 2012
This review is from: Black Sands (Audio CD)
nothing wrong with this buy ; great background, chill loungy music, very accessible instrumental songs, another top record from Bonobo !

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa218c174)

Black Sands
Black Sands by Bonobo (Audio CD - 2010)