5.0 out of 5 stars Great speakers for the price
Ordered these at 4:30 on Tuesday afternoon and they were with me by 9:30 on Wednesday morning - fantastic service!

Published on 23 Nov. 2011 by TomH

3.0 out of 5 stars Average product but good quality.
Speakers are ok but nothing special. As they come with no sub speaker they have low bass included. The only trouble is that you cannot adjust bass when you need sometimes it's annoying. Sound is clear, I have to admit that and for laptop these are great buy. For PC I would never ever go again for 2.0 system. 2.1 is a must.
Published 15 months ago by Lukasz Mroczynski

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great speakers for the price, 23 Nov. 2011
This review is from: JBL Duet III Two Piece Computer Speaker System - Black (Electronics)

I work from a small office at home and was looking to improve on my Mac built in speakers. I liked the idea of a system with sub-woofer but don't really have the space and wouldn't ever need the music that loud in such a small space. I was looking at the Bose all in one speakers for around £90 when I came across these at £40. Checked a few reviews and decided to go for it. Have to say I am delighted. Really nice design and take up so little space on my desk. Am sat typing now listening to really excellent quality sounding music. OK they may not be super loud but they are more than loud enough for my purposes and the sound definition is superb considering their size and price. Really rich bass and higher levels more than adequate. In short - very pleased!

4.0 out of 5 stars JBL Duet III, 19 May 2011
Well made, interesting design, powerful. Before buying, in few reviews I've read, that they lack bass strength, but for me it seems that high tones is bigger issue - sounds a little flat, maybe it's a thing of taste :) I am living in a dormitory and a problem is - it's hard to use them quietly :) Recommend them for home users who are not audiophiles and care more about design and power, than about sound precision.

JBL Duet III specifications found on the net:
3.5 mm audio line in jack
4.6 inches wide, 4.6 inches deep, 12 inches high
20 watt total output

5.0 out of 5 stars Where the hell does the bass come from!, 12 Dec. 2011
I thought i'd go for these on two counts: 1 the price was superb, £35 down from 100 and something, and 2 after owning the JBL creatures in the past I know JBL is always going to be good kit. Anyway, the sound quality of these is absolutely amazing for what they are. The creatures I have had in the past have a dedicated sub so I thought these would be no where near as punchy down at the bottom but would still be nice and open- honestly, they aren't that far behind! The bass is unreal- I don't get how they do it but they seriously tump and if you put your hand over the rear port at the back the air displacement is quite surprising. For people reading this who have a proper hifi, I know it's all relative, I have a Linn activ system- but for something like the PC or in the kitchen these are untouchable for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Speakers, 29 Dec. 2011
MR GRUMPY (newton aycliffe co.durham) - See all my reviews
Forget everything you have read about any computer speakers.!At their original price of £120 they were pretty good.Now at a gobsmacking £34-99 delivered they are truly fantastic.!I have been buying top-end Hi-fi for some thirty years or so gaining a good working knowledge.Set-up is very simple,from box to singing takes around 10mins.Plenty of Bass,Mid-Range and Top End these have got the lot.Oh yes they go very loud as well.Relatively speaking a Superlative set of speakers.So stop looking and buy the biggest bargain of 2011.!

4.0 out of 5 stars fine for £40...but BIG!, 26 April 2012
Dithered for ages about buying extra speaker for my iMac - and annoyed that the inbuilt speakers aren't better but that's a different story. Anyway ordered these and they arrived today. Firstly, they're big, much bigger than they look in the product photo. Approximately 31cm tall and about 11cm at their widest point/base. I was expecting something a bit more "designer" and more in keeping with the style of the iMac. I also thought that the base was a much lighter shade of grey and more shiny, as per the photograph. In reality it is matt silver colour and just a bit bland. The sound is good but I have a slight suspicion of minor distortion at the higher end which is a pity. Having said all that they seem like a good purchase at £40 and so long as you're not bothered by the size then they're certainly worth considering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Very good., 11 Jan. 2012
Hi there. I just received my JBLs today. Their are very very good. This is the best bargain that I had so far.
The quality of the speakers is excelent. Just as I expected from JBL. This speakers are desktop speakers. So don't expect to be so loud. For me their are perfect as I live in a small room. For a desktop speakers I'm surprised with the quality and the bass. The bass is coming from behind. The only thing that I'm not so happy with is the length of the cables. The cables are around 1 meter long. But this is becuase this speakers are desktop 2.1 system. Apart of that the speakers are great.

Thank you amazon and JBL for this great deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 7 Jan. 2012
What a bargain! These sound great. they've turned my PC into a stereo system. This has been the best value improvement to my music in an age and has saved me spending out hundreds on a system for the dining room / study.

4.0 out of 5 stars JBL Duet III, 6 Mar. 2012
G. Akos - See all my reviews
Excellent piece of art,beautifully finished,look great on my desk. Sound is reasonably good, echoing a bit,a sort of boxy if you know what I mean, well extended lows,little short of treble and sparkle, but overall a clean,open presentation,good dynamics, go loud enough for a desktop speaker set. Happy and would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 31 Jan. 2012
T. Winser "tjw" (High Wycombe, UK) - See all my reviews
This product is great value for money and came on time too.

I would definitely recommend these speakers to anyone on a low budget, who's trying to up the volume of their standard laptop/computer speakers.

Would not be so suitable for people wanting to buy speakers for anything other listening to music in your room louder than your friends, but it does that job so well!

5.0 out of 5 stars jbl duet 111, 25 Jan. 2012
T. C. Clark - See all my reviews
Whilst i dont consider myself an audiofile i like to listen to my music through my laptop and while my acer aspire 5742 is a great laptop its audio like most others is rubbish, therefore i came across the jbl duet 111s and after reading many reviews saying they where great but overpriced at £150 i thought HELLO these are under £40 on AMAZON ill have some of these and let me tell you they are GREAT look superb good quality cables and the sound they pump out is awsome.my tip is GET SOME,GET SOME NOW.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›