4.0 out of 5 stars The professor
Published on 18 Jun 2011 by S. Richards

2.0 out of 5 stars not my cup of tea
Hm all I can say is if you like a man to tell you what to do then you will enjoy this, frankly I didn't bother finishing I don't care how you dress it up, it's belittling to woman.
Published on 10 Nov 2011 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars The professor, 18 Jun 2011
S. Richards (Deep South) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Come Monday (Wild Irish, Book One) (Kindle Edition)
I have a weakness for the student/professor theme and this book was that: innocent student in class, fantasizing about hot professor, making eye-contact, feeling that zing of forbidden sexual attraction. Professor Will Wallace is very attracted to his student Keira Collins, and he's never been attracted to a student before. He knows it's inappropriate and he does manage to resist temptation until the end of the semester, when she is no longer his student.

Will shows up at Keira's work at her family's pub, asks her to share a drink with him. He's ready to act on his desire, sitting much too close to her, his thigh touching hers, his arm on the back of the booth, etc. I love this dance between two people, this tug and pull of attraction, a game of testing the waters and seeing if the other person is feeling the same sexual chemistry as you are.

On this very first night, Will tells her he's not an 'easy man to be with' and how can a woman resist a challenge like that? Will's a Dom. He knows Keira's not experienced with that lifestyle, but she's very eager to learn. I loved this whole D/s aspect to their relationship. Keira is so used to being in control. As the oldest child of a large family, she's had to act as a substitute mother and has had to give up a lot of what she's wanted in life. With Will, she learns to be herself and just let go-- no more worries, no more control, just pleasure with him in charge of it all.

For me, this was a well-written story, super sexy and erotic with a totally delicious Dominant (Will has Keira unzip him with only her teeth while on the floor at his knees).

4.0 out of 5 stars A great start to a series, 30 April 2013
Lucy Felthouse (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Come Monday (Wild Irish, Book One) (Kindle Edition)
Come Monday is the first book in Mari Carr's Wild Irish series. It tells the story of the oldest child in the Collins family, Keira, who took the place of her mother when she passed away, helping her father and bringing up her siblings. As a result she put her own life and dreams on hold. Now, at twenty seven, she's finally pursuing a college degree. The trouble is, she's not doing too well and she has the hots for her professor. She fantasises about him bending her over his desk and doing bad things to her. She can't quite figure out her desires, and she knows that nothing can happen between them, so she tries to shove her feelings to one side.

Professor Will Wallace has other ideas, however. As soon as Keira is no longer his student, he's keen to initiate her into his kinky lifestyle and show her what she's been missing. Keira is a strong-willed woman who's reluctant to give up her control. Can they find a compromise?

Come Monday is a very hot BDSM erotic romance. I was intrigued by the storyline from the very beginning and whizzed through the story in one sitting. There are great characters, an interesting storyline and smoking hot sex - a must read if you enjoy BDSM erotic romance. I look forward to more in the series.

I received a free copy of this book in return for an honest review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sexy read, 30 Mar 2013
This review is from: Come Monday (Wild Irish, Book One) (Kindle Edition)
This is an enjoyable sexy read. I loved the interplay between Will and Keira with just the right balance of the emotional and the sensual.

2.0 out of 5 stars not my cup of tea, 10 Nov 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Dominant and Hot, 6 Sep 2011
Mrs. Leanne A. Lingwood (Leeds, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Come Monday (Wild Irish, Book One) (Kindle Edition)
My summary of the book - Keira is attending college but she is secretly lusting after her Professor who is making her go for private lessons. She is grateful when the classes are over but her Professor, Will turns up at her family bar and as they are no longer teacher and student he can take her out on a date. As they start to date Keira finally realises the true Will which makes her wonder can she really give up her responsibilities with her family to fulfil a relationship with Will.

Thoughts on the characters - Keira seems to take on quiet a lot by taking over responsibility of her family after her mother dies which affects her personality and life. So when she starts dating Will her true personality comes out and it scares her because she feels that she needed by her family and can't see that she can give the relationship a proper chance with Will.
Will is a dominant lover and wants control of Keira but finds it hard getting through to her to begin with but he is overjoyed when he discovers her true submissive side and loves pushing her and seeing how she will let him go.

Overall thoughts - Really good short story and love how Keira is really the one in control as Will really would do anything for her including giving her time to work out what she wants. But he is truly dominant when they are together sexually.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite Mari Carr book - this has light BDSM, not my thing, but it was a freebie..., 23 Oct 2011
ROROBLU'S MUM "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Come Monday (Wild Irish, Book One) (Kindle Edition)
I suppose that if you like your erotica with mild, non 'jerk' BDSM, then this would do the trick, but for me it's not my fave genre. Still, it was an ok enough read, just not a Keeper IMHO.

The other reviewers have done a decent summary of the tale, so I'm not going to repeat things, but for me, this was a bit too much, too quick with the BDSM. I mean, he'd gone from being her class professor to lover on a first date, and she had barely had a life outside of her family and their restaurant for nearly 10 years, and it almost seemed as if she went with the flow because she seemed conditioned to not wanting or doing much for herself. When her mother died, she fell into her mother's role; when Will wanted her to be a sub to his Dom,...she fell into that role...Yes, the author made out that she liked being dominated, but there were a couple of flashes of rebellion that made me think 'hmmm, may be not'.

I don't get the BDSM lifestyle - can't see the attraction in it at all - so for him to immediately announce on practically their first date that all her orgasms belong to him and that she can't do anything sexually - at all - without his permission was a bit too full-on IMHO.

Decent enough characters, and yes, I do actually have a paid-for story in this series that I have yet to read, but this didn't really do anything for me. I like a done-and-dusted HEA with my romance, which I didn't quite get here, but perhaps that pans out over the rest of the series. I may see, I may not...

4.0 out of 5 stars A submissive's delight!, 9 Mar 2012
carocaro (Middle of the UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Come Monday (Wild Irish, Book One) (Kindle Edition)
A thoroughly enjoyable story with some well written and erotic scenes of an awakening and developing Dom/sub relationship between Will and Keira. This is Mari Carr's first in her Wild Irish series of seven books, and the first of her stories I've read. It won't be the last. This story focuses on the eldest daughter Keira who is the surrogate mother figure to her now grown up siblings. A life of always needing to be seen to be in control and of putting her own needs second to her families needs, leaves Keira without a long term or stable relationship. Professor William Wallace her tutor and a Dominant male decides to pursue and see how far Keira will go in the role of his need for a submissive. What happens and does it work? Read for yourself...however in my view Mari Carr has produced a well edited story she can be proud of. I look forward to reading the others in the series and am happy to award this four stars.
However, this has lite BDSM content but could offend some conservative readers.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dominance is control, 9 Nov 2011
Cheryl M-M (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Come Monday (Wild Irish, Book One) (Kindle Edition)
This was a 91/2 weeks kind of story. The more experienced college professor decides to invite his student into a world of light BDSM. It has quite graphic scenes it, but the book clearly states what it is about, so it just depends oh how much naughtyness you like to read. I find the Dominance issue hard to swallow (pardon the pun) because it is all about control, but I'm sure it will appeal to others.