5.0 out of 5 stars Stupid deaths, stupid deaths...hope next time its not you!
Published on 12 May 2010 by Mike Brook

3.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Histories
I don't think the children laugh at it anymore. The routines are so alike that the children become bored, very bored.
Published 8 months ago by david

5.0 out of 5 stars Stupid deaths, stupid deaths...hope next time its not you!, 12 May 2010
This review is from: Horrible Histories - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Couldn't agree more with the other reviewers...this has got to be one of the funniest things on tv i've seen in ages. The series jumps back and forth thru different time periods so you dont get bored on one segment. The 'stupid deaths' bit always has me in stitches. This series is genuinely funny for both kids and adults and thoroughly recommended. My 5 yr old daughter loves it..and most of all....the information they get over thru the sketches, sticks in her mind. They really have tapped into a good way of getting kids interested in history. Favourite sketches...Stupid deaths, the 4 Georges boy band sketch, Henry VIII songs, Helen of Troy sketch, the Mummies sketch ("hello, I'm a shouty man")....there are just so many. Genius! Brilliant! Roll on the next series!

5.0 out of 5 stars constantly in stitches, 23 Jun 2010
S Clarke "addicted to books" (missouri, usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Horrible Histories - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
this is the most brilliant way to teach anyone history and to be able to retain the information. my family have enjoyed it and worth watching over. reminds me of the early days of monty python's flying circus but better. way to go bbc!

5.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Histories Series 1, 23 Aug 2010
This review is from: Horrible Histories - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this for my grandson for doing well at school. He is now my best friend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hysterical history......, 29 Jun 2010
Mr. S. P. Thompson "SteveT" (Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Horrible Histories - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I have bought this damn DVD TWICE...first time was for my Grand-daughter, an avid 'Horrible History' fan, TV, books the whole thing. Trouble was I larfed sooo much at this (childishly wicked) way of looking at things that when the DVD disappeared into her bedroom...(sulk, sulk...) I bought another copy for me...as ther missus would say, 'AT YOUR AGE!!!'. It's a brilliant way of depicting the past. Funny yet kinda accurate. A historical must for kids 6 to errrr..60......

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars isn't enough!, 22 Jan 2011
F. Butcher (dorset,england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Horrible Histories - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Quite simply, you have to buy this dvd. You really won't be disappointed. My 4 year old and 10 year old both love it (and i do too!) Hilarious and disgusting in equal measures, it's also really informative and educational. Can't wait for series 2 to come out on dvd, mainly as i'm hoping that it stop my youngest from playing the four Georges song 20 times a day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watchable over and over!, 22 Aug 2010
Maeve (Cork, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Horrible Histories - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Well written jokes, puns and gags for all ages (I'm 24!), I've seen this twice and both times the jokes have brought a smile to my face, and occasionally full blown laughter. The cast is wonderful, excellent comic timing, a flair for slapstick as well as intelligent jokes, amusing songs, great costuming... can't wait for the next series to come out on DVD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Wonderful, 20 Aug 2010
This review is from: Horrible Histories - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
This is quite possibly the best TV series around. I was encouraged to watch it by my nephews and nieces and now I am totally hooked. A marvellous piece of entertainment suitable for children and adults alike, it has had me gasping for breath through laughing so hard. As an educational series, it has managed to light a passion for learning in my nephew that had, hither to, lain dormant. And I just can't get enough of those Vikings - Literally!

5.0 out of 5 stars good buy!, 25 Jun 2010
This review is from: Horrible Histories - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I got this dvd pack for my sons birthday...he was over the moon with it! These dvds are the same as the programmes on cbbc...I nearly bought the other ones, thinking they were better value for money, but thankfully I realised! My son and all the family throughly enjoy these programmes, even my 18 yr old sits and watches them. A subject came up in conversation between myself and some friends the other week, and the only reason I knew the answer was because I had just watched it a few days previous on the Horrible Histories programmes!!It just goes to show that you never stop learning...I would highly recommend them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Kids TV program, 23 Aug 2010
J. Tinning (Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Horrible Histories - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
My children (ages 5-10) all enjoyed watching the series on TV. It's informative and intersting but most of all very funny. By breaking each episode into various historical eras it never gets boring. The great thing is it spurs their curiosity and they are keen to learn more from alternative sources.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yukky, funny and very clever, 7 Jan 2011
This review is from: Horrible Histories - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
There's definately an educational, historical element benefit (my 6 yo seems to have picked stuff up) but it's just so funny with a heavy dose of genius. It *can* be yukky but they seem to have got the level just right. 13 episodes for, currently, [...] is a bargain. You'll have your favourite segments, such as Henry VIII's song or the 4 Georges, then find yourself looking forward to the next repeating segment like Stupid Deaths or the Wife Swap parody.
My 6 yo boy loves it, my 3 yo girl tolerates it and, honestly, with little change it could go out as an adult program (BBC3-ish).

Horrible Histories - Series 1 [DVD]
Horrible Histories - Series 1 [DVD] by Steve Connelly (DVD - 2010)
9.49