Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 February 2010
I listened to this single this morning after it came through the post, and to be honest, it sounded very good. The people on here who are slagging it off ..... why? I could easily listen to this on every long bus journey I make. Okay, I did specifically buy it to help the Haiti people get back on their feet again, but I'm impressed with how good the single is. As for one reviewer claiming that you can't hear Susan Boyle's voice properly ..... what utter crap. I heard her part as clear as I can hear my fingers hitting each key on this keyboard. Some don't half lie. I heard all the voices on the CD pretty well. This is a good single to buy, and I also think it might move you when listening to it in years to come when thinking about the Haiti disaster from years back. I'm not sorry I bought this at all. My mother wanted this, but I might buy another copy for myself. Don't take any notice of anyone who says it's crap. You'll always get someone who's awkward.
on 3 February 2010
To listen to this as you watch the Sky news footage is very moving. Was thought provoking originally but now it comes into it's own. Well done to all concerned for putting this song together. Please buy it!!
on 13 March 2010
I bought this single as it is for a very good cause and wanted to support the charity. I also love the song and think they did an amazing job getting it all put together so quickly.
on 18 February 2010
It was an ordeal to listen to this. It's awful that Cowell was able to use such a disaster to promote himself and his pseudotalents. Whiny, smug voices full of self-appreciation.
on 11 March 2010
What's missing in this single is the fact that, unlike "Do they Know it's Christmas" and "We are the World" of the eighties, you need to have a video/DVD of this performance. The interest in this type of single is more about the people taking part and I am more moved when I see the individual singers giving their all in a song for the cause. All the disparate singers coming together makes the real interest, although I appreciate the need to see the harrowing scenes from the devastation of the earthquake. I'm surprised Simon Cowell didn't think of this as I would gladly have bought the DVD just to see how the song was put together and the various people who took part. However, so long as it brought in the money to help the stricken people of Haiti, that's the main thing.
on 2 February 2010
This song always evokes memories of 9/11 for me as it was played on the radio whilst the 3 minute silence was held in memory of those who were lost, or who had lost, after 9/11. This version is excellent and watching the Haiti video put together by Sky News on YouTube certainly brings a tear to the eye. I am not normally one to buy singles but I will in this case simply because of the good cause and what it represents.
on 19 March 2010
Even though there are only two cuts, and yes, it is the same song cut into two different ways, you have to remind yourself that it is for charity and not less than one pound of the profit goes to the Disasters Energy Committee and The Sun's Helping Haiti Fund. Sure, it would have been nice if there was an album version, but I remind myself that it is all for charity and I should be happy with the effort of putting out a music CD as a gift for more donation. For the longest time I had put off from donating to charities in the U.S.A. (I am a U.S.A. citizen) with fear of my donations going to non-legitimate places that only give Haiti little to no amount. This CD made me change my mind.
on 11 March 2010
Charity - yes please.
Mediocrity - no thanks.
Whoever threw together this soul-less, ball-less, god forsaken cover a decent REM song needs to be dragged over the coals and whipped. (Cowell?)
By christ its a mess.
For gods sake, do we need this, does anyone?
Do you feel better for donating a few pence to a charity?
You do, don't you.
Well here's a idea, buy REM's original and then go along to the Unicef site and donate a few quid to the Haiti charity.
Now, where's that Cowell?
on 12 February 2010
i do not see how this song fits in with the devastation of haiti. this song is well known as a song for people who are feeling suicidal. the people there are not suicidal, they want some hope. should have picked Drive by the Cars
on 8 March 2010
Apart from loving the song anyway, it was good to be able to do a tiny bit for all those poor people in Haiti. I can't imagine the hell they must be going through and although I am on a pension I can still contribute a tiny amount to ease their suffering.