5.0 out of 5 stars Wunderbar!, 17 Mar 2010
This review is from: Down Memory Lane (Audio CD)
A slendid compilation of memorable pieces - and I'm not wallowing in nostalgia because some of this music predates me. I enjoyed no less than 40 melodious tracks without having to endure anything brash, raucous or discordant. Well done Sony. I've ordered more copies of this CD for my friends.
Two tracks in particular stood out for me: Bing Crosby's 'Danny Boy', a more serious, sombre rendering than I would normally associate with him. And, best of all, 'One day when we were young' sung by Patricia Hammond: a hauntingly beautiful voice and a lovely melody. I couldn't recall her name from the past so I googled her, and she is a current artiste - I think the only one in this compilation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Down Memory Lane, 11 Mar 2010
This review is from: Down Memory Lane (Audio CD)
A pleasant 2 disc CD featuring music from the 40s, 50s, & 60s. My only reason for not awarding it 5 stars is because a couple of the songs featured aren't the original recordings - Doris Day's "Sentimental Journey" and Vera Lynn's "Yours" (I also have my suspicions that Pat Boone's "Love Letters in the Sand" is also a re-recording). On the positive side though, it's a breath of fresh air to see a compilation CD featuring songs that are hard to find and only made it into the lower depths of the hit parade, such as The Beverly Sisters "Green Fields" and Andy Williams' "Stranger on the Shore", as these type of compilation CDs usually always only feature the big hit's of the day and I do wish more of these type of 'forgotten' songs would crop up on nostalgia CDs featuring music from the 50s/60s, instead of the usual suspects endlessly cropping up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
ty

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back wonderful memories, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Down Memory Lane (Audio CD)
Such a pleasure to listen to, takes you right back to some wonderful memories that only music can do.Worth buying if you were a yougster around these times.

4.0 out of 5 stars Memory Lane, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Down Memory Lane (Audio CD)
Very good but the one I was after was Memory Lane with 200 songs on it ,but I still enjoyed the one I got.

4.0 out of 5 stars well it was, 31 Jan 2011
This review is from: Down Memory Lane (Audio CD)
some of the tracks even I was to young to remember which made the ablum even more enjoyable, tho some of my younger friends didn't agree

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 31 Mar 2010
Mr. PT Flynn - See all my reviews
This review is from: Down Memory Lane (Audio CD)
A fantastic cd with an incomparable collection of artists.
Also lovely to have contemporary mezzo-soprano Patricia Hammond in amongst the greats - she has one of the best voices you can hear live today.
Great stuff!

Down Memory Lane
Down Memory Lane by Various (Audio CD - 2010)