‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic skates, 5 Aug. 2010
Beansmummy (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: SFR Rio Retro Quad Roller Skate (Misc.)
I love these. I bought them so I could accompany my seven-year-old on his new roller skates, and although its been a horribly large number of years since I last roller skated (on those poxy little metal-frame strap-on jobs we all had in the late seventies!) they have been superb.

The lace-up design is not as convenient as my son's adjustable strap fastenings, but the overall look is pleasingly retro (I saw them subsequently on a teenage model in the Boden catalogue) while the construction is sturdy and sound. You are well supported in these boots. They are true to size and, to date, the wheels have never jammed and are running beautifully. They are very comfortable, with or without socks. They are surprisingly easy to control, but if you're a bit rusty, like me, I'd suggest you have a look at a few youtube videos for how to stop!

They were making me feel young again until I got a bit overconfident and fell over in a comedy backflip as my son tried to be sympathetic while trying not to wet himself laughing. Anyway I still love them, and highly recommend them to anyone old enough to still know how to tie shoelaces, and patient enough to bother.

5.0 out of 5 stars sfr rio retro quad roller boots, 30 Mar. 2011
I am absoloutly thrilled to bits with these boots, they are colourful, sturdy, very comfortable, they have great padding inside too. They are really fast and very quiet when in use. All in all absoloutly superb. I wouldnt just recomend them to a friend, i would recomend we ALL start a roller boot frenzy again like there was back in the 1980's and let go of all our Issues, and just have lots of feel good fun! they are truly superb in every sense, and was nt expectng them to be as good as i remembered from 18 years ago, but they are much much better!!!!. Go for it and treat yourself, you will not regret it at all! get zooming guys!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Skates!, 10 Dec. 2010
This review is from: SFR Rio Retro Quad Roller Skate (Misc.)
These skates are fantastic quality and look amazing! The wheels are sturdy and not too slippy, the boot itself is padded and very comfortable, and the stoppers are made of strong, solid plastic. All round a great buy! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant pair of skates, 10 April 2011
Elizabeth Dyer "Kitsch for fun" (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SFR Rio Retro Quad Roller Skate (Misc.)
I cannot make a single complaint about these skates. They look wicked, they skate well and are extremely comfortable to wear. I've been skating on them all week, every day since I bought them and think they're just brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars disco roller boots, 9 May 2011
these boots are amazing, a must have for all parents. i bought these boots to go out with my daughter and her friend.they are all padded in the inside so there is no rubbing to your skin. hopefully i will lose some weight too with all the exercise.x

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent scates!, 7 April 2011
These scates arrived just in time for my daughter's tenth birthday. They provide great support and look great. They've been a great hit.

5.0 out of 5 stars roller boots, 30 Mar. 2011
boots are great my daughter loves them ,,,and they arrived on time

many thanks

ste

5.0 out of 5 stars SO much fun!!, 6 Jan. 2013
This review is from: SFR Rio Retro Quad Roller Skate (Misc.)
I've just come back from an hour and a half skating and it was absolutely brilliant fun! These skates are fab - a total blast from the 1980s and probably the most fun you can have doing exercise! They are true to size (I take a 7 and the 7 fitted perfectly even though sometimes I have to go up to an 8 to get shoes to fit my wide feet) and really comfy. The number of people I hear talking about skating / wanting to skate when I'm out and about with my children skating is funny.

Who says skates are for 8 year olds? This 38 year old loves them too! (Plus I didn't feel confident to do inline skating so these just felt safer to me)

4.0 out of 5 stars Roller Derby, 20 Sept. 2011
This review is from: SFR Rio Retro Quad Roller Skate (Misc.)
I bought these skates so I could have my own for roller derby training. The earlier reviews are pretty accurate, these are really good skates and sturdy. I've had quite a few knocks and falls since I started, but these skates have held up. The only thing I would say is that the front toe bit wears away quite quickly - might be worth getting some toe covers if you plan on skating regularly. Have fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Skates, 1 Jun. 2011
The shipping took too long, but the skates are cool, getting back to skatting now after so many years. Very comfortable and the size matches the size I normally wear.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›