Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's

• V

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 January 2016
OK, it won't take me long to say my piece here. Symphony X, and Michael Romeo in particular, write and play some of the best and most technical music of any band on the planet. I call their music "progressive metal", like most people do, and as far as I am concerned Symphony X and Dream Theater are head and shoulders above any other band in that genre, also technically above any other genre, rock, metal, prog rock, whatever.

You can listen to any of the Sym X albums to tell immediately how different a class they are in, along with DT. People have different opinions as to which is their best, many plump for The Divine Wings Of Tragedy (their 3rd) and that was indeed their best by some way when it was released.

As far as I am concerned nothing they released before or after V comes anywhere near it. It is flawless in any way you judge it, technically, compositionally, structurally. I have never read any review or opinion that successfully argues for any other of their albums in comparison.
on 29 May 2011
I BOUGHT THIS WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT BACK IN 2000 AND WAS INTRIGUED BY THE ALBUM COVER. I PUT THE DISC IN THE CD PLAYER AND PUT MY HEAD PHONES ON BECAUSE IT WAS LATE AT NIGHT...I SAT OPEN MOUTHED FROM THE FIRST CHORAL CHANT UNTIL THE LAST CHORD OF THE LAST TRACK....THESE ARE VERY SELECT MUSICIAN'S OF A STELLA NATURE, PERFECT[TO MY EARS]PRODUCTION,CRAFTED PIECES ELEGANTLY PUT TOGETHER WITH THOUGHT AND PATIENCE, OOOH!! THE RYTHMN SECTION IS DIGITALLY TIGHT, THE GUITAR SOLO'S ARE ALL IN THE RIGHT PLACES WITH A CONTROLLED PANTERA ESQUE'MUTED SOUND BUT SOME HOW ORIGINAL!!!..KEYBOARDS ARE WONDERFUL!!AGAIN GREAT SOLO'S BUT WITH RIFFS!! THE VOCAL'S ARE THE TONE AND RANGE THAT MY EAR'S WELCOME...ORIGINAL AGAIN, BUT SORT OF OLD SCHOOL DIO WITH ANGER IN THE RIGHT PLACES AND SWEET TEXTURES WHEN NEEDED...ALL THE TRACKS ARE BASED ON THE STORY OF ATLANTIS AND THE LYRIC'S ARE A SMALL BOOK IN ITSELF...I CAN'T EXPLAIN WHY I LIKE THIS ALBUM SO MUCH, IT JUST HIT'S ALL THE RIGHT PLACES FOR ME.
THE ODYSSEY THEIR NEXT ALBUM IS ALSO EXCELLENT BUT I THOUGHT THEY WERE GOING A BIT MORE INTENSE WITH SOME TRACKS AND I FELT I COULDN'T SLIDE INTO IT LIKE THE'V'ALBUM EVEN THOUGH IT WAS ANOTHER CONCEPT ALBUM ABOUT THE VOYAGE OF A GREEK TO ITHACA..THEIR LATEST ALBUM ''ICONOCLAST'' SOUNDS MORE IN THE VEIN AND FLAVOUR OF 'V' SO I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT....
IF I COULD TAKE 1 DISK TO A DESERT ISLAND ''V'' WOULD BE IT....
I WISH THEY WOULD DO AN ALBUM BASED ON JASON AND THE ARGONAUT'S...HOW ABOUT IT GUY'S???
I CANNOT FAULT THIS IN ANY WAY AND EVERYTHING I HAVE LISTENED TO SINCE JUST SOUND'S AVERAGE AND MEDIOCRE..
on 22 October 2013
Victory without doubt and a huge problem lies ahead: How do we pass that album? So buy it, listen to it, let it be your partner in music and be happy!
on 27 April 2016
My husband said its one of there best
on 22 June 2011
Far the best album from Symphony X! Classics such as "Fallen" and "Evolution" are to be listened to again and AGAIN! I think its their most representative album and you should have it!
on 19 December 2013
This is a ridiculous requirement as the headline says all I wish to relay about this matter. This may stop me giving feedback in future.