1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Prog rock at its best..., 11 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Kindness Of Strangers (Special Edition) (Audio CD)
Having only recently discovered SB (I know - where have I been etc.) by taking the plunge with the latest X album, I am currently going through the stuff I missed over the last 16 years and I must say I am so glad I came across this lot.

My wide musical tastes stem from a childhood growing up with glam rock in the 70's, leading to investigations into the more serious side with the usual Zep, Purple, Heep, Sabbath etc and eventually encompassed the likes of Rush, Yes, ELP and Genesis. I have to say that the Beard stand up very well in this company and I would even go so far as to say they are growing into one of my favourites, fusing elements of all the above mentioned in places.

This is their third album and is a terrific introduction if, like me,you have not come across them much in the past - a great collection of both melodic and harder-edged rock songs in varying styles, even managing to add a touch of Eagles/CS&N/Poco-style harmonies to the beautiful 'June'.

Recommended for any rock fan who may be thinking of a dipping a toe into the prog pool - go on, you'll love it!

The Kindness Of Strangers (Special Edition)
The Kindness Of Strangers (Special Edition) by Spock's Beard (Audio CD - 2012)