5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality Vacuum Cleaner
Published on 22 April 2011 by Richard F. Netts

2.0 out of 5 stars No extension hose
One good point - it is powerful and does suck up the dirt. That's it, that is its only good point.
Bad points:
1. Hard to manouver on carpet as the automatic adjustment feature does not appear to work well.
2. To use the hose to clean higher levels the cleaner has to be tilted backwards, to avoid marking under the rotating brush.
3. I dont know if...
Published on 30 Aug. 2012 by tardis34

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality Vacuum Cleaner, 22 April 2011
Richard F. Netts "RFN" (Bucks, UK) - See all my reviews
An obvious question for many people would be why bagged rather than bagless/cyclonic type? I have owned three cyclonic cleaners (Dyson, Morphy Richards, Panasonic) and all have done a pretty good cleaning job but I found cleaning the filters an increasing hassle. My last one had four which constantly clogged up and dismantling the vacuum, extracting the filters, washing and drying them virtually every time you used the cleaner finally got too much for me. This Panasonic bagged has two filters, one for the exhaust which it is recommended to change every year (not expensive, you can get them on the web for £5) and another simple foam type that has to be washed every so often according to the instructions (I've not had to do this yet but the job looks easy enough). It does not have HEPA filteration but does this matter to most people? I doubt it. The bags can be bought on the web at £4.50 for five or thereabouts, although I got five extra bags in the box which I wasn't expecting. The bags are big incidentally and five should last for a long time. I have a very dusty old home and I'm still on the original bag.

So on to the vacuum itself. Initial appearance is very good. It feels solid and well made, a nice looking piece of kit with a bright white finish. Assembly is very easy - one screw to attach the handle, pop the tube in place and it's ready to use in 90 seconds. The vacuum is described as 'Super Lightweight' but it feels about average to me. Not a problem, I'd sooner have a feeling of solidity and durability than an ultra light flimsy feel.

So how good is it at cleaning? Excellent! It appears as good as my various cyclonic types at removing dust, hairs, bit of cotton etc - carpets and floors look clean. It does clean right to the edge as claimed. Using the attachments is very easy, so connecting the brush or nozzle for furniture, beds etc is fine and again effective. As others have mentioned, the tube for attachments is not that long - it might be a problem for cleaning stairs - but as I live in a bungalow, it is not a problem for me. One other point worth mentioning is the automatic height adjustment. My hall is a combination of hard flooring and mats and so not having to adjuct the height manually is really useful.

So overall I'm very pleased with it and would certainly recommend. If you are fed up with cyclonic types with endless filter cleaning as well as tipping dust everywhere when you empty them, this is definately one to go for. The price on Amazon was the best I could find incidentally and it came within two working days, P & P free!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic machine, 10 Mar. 2011
We had a Panasonic for aprox 10 years a long time ago and when the belt broke we thought we would try a diferent make.Ist one a Dyson and in a word CRAP so we tried a Hoover, again CRAP.So we brought another Panasnic same model as before and its BRILLIANT.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cleaner!, 20 Jan. 2012
ccman (South Staffordshire, England) - See all my reviews
I originally bought a very expensive (£200) Miele cleaner, from John Lewis. It worked well and had a couple of clever features, but was really heavy. I'm a 6ft bloke and found it hard work, so my wife had no chance!
JL was good enough to let me return it (same week) and I bought this model from them instead - for about one -third of the price! It works well and I am pleased with it, esp as it came with several free dust-bags - and replacements will be much cheaper than the Miele ones, also.
In case you are wondering why I bought the German one in the first place, it was because it was a Which? Best Buy - whereas the Panasonic was rated as a "Don't Buy"... I can only assume that the one they tested was defective, because this one does everything a cleaner should do - and is not heavy.
So, yes, I recommend the Panny; it may not last quite as long as the one from the Fatherland - but at least it's usable by anyone - and, at this price, I can buy 2 more if I need to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic helps Peace to Reign, 7 Dec. 2010
In a past life I have had three Panasonic vacuums like this one. However, when my last one required replacement, I went for a Real Hoover for a change. It has been an absolute disaster - I cannot tell you how many times I have nearly thrown it out of the window. Now, I have this lovely vacuum, and peace reigns. It is a delight to use and, unlike the Hoover, it collects the dirt from the floor, right to the edge! It is very easy to manoeuvre and not at all heavy. Marvellous!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quietly impressed, 4 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Panasonic Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner White 1900w (Kitchen & Home)
Panasonic Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner White 1900w
In the past I've had far more expensive models than this from Vax, Hoover and Dyson and, for various reasons been disappointed with all of them. On this occasion I spoke to a repairs engineer who recommended Panasonic for their durability and effectiveness. On receipt it took a matter of minutes to unpack,assemble and take for a trial run. Initial impressions were that it is fairly light, certainly quieter than many others I have owned, and effortlessly effective on carpets and hard floor surfaces. The ability to lay the cleaner flat is useful for getting under the front edges of items that were previously inaccessible.The cleaner seems to ride lower than others and glides underneath our radiators,I have regularly chipped these with previous models. Cable length is longer than many others, heavier duty as well and stows away easily at the rear of the cleaner. Only two tools and a wand extension are provided, they are adequate and fit securely to the body of the cleaner. However,it may have the longest crevice nozzle you've ever seen, I found this to be a little awkward for cleaning stairs, particularly as the cleaner's main negative point,the shortness of its hose, means you have to carry the cleaner alongside you when cleaning stairs. Having said all that, I am impressed with the overall performance, if this cleaner lasts you for a mere 12 months, at the current price,it will have cost you a little over £1.20 per week to purchase, great value indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars panasonic vacuum, 2 Feb. 2011
My mother in-law gave us this cleaner after we gave her our hoover upright, which was a total disaster. This cleaner is amazing, and I don't think I would replace it for any other make or model now. It is an amazing vacuum only wish we hadn't wasted our money on the hoover that we purchased and very nearly ended up being thrown on the tip.

5.0 out of 5 stars panasonic simple suction, 4 April 2010
F. Spear (Liverpool England) - See all my reviews
I purchased this cleaner as my previous panasonic has given up the ghost after 20 years hard service.It does the job superbly with no fuss or fancy colours.( I have tried dysons and they suck)pun intended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than bagless, 7 Jan. 2012
Very happy with this vacuum cleaner. My first vacuum cleaner was Panasonic and lasted 16 years! Then I made the mistake to go for bag-less and bought Zanussi. What a waste of time and money that was. The filter kept clogging every time after cleaning and I had to spent good 20-30min cleaning the filter. It was so annoying. It didn't last long though - less than a year. So I replaced it - back to reality, back to Panasonic!
The only criticism I have is that this model hasn't got different speeds (my previous one did) and also it's harder to push than my previous one. Still hundreds time better than the bag-less Zanussi!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it best hoover ever, 4 Nov. 2011
The last Panasonic purchased was for my Uncle, I have had several over the years and its the best Hoover ever, light to use just glides along with no effort, attatchments so easy to use, disposable bags makes for an easier life and when you think of the time effort and water used to wash the new type and the amount of dust you inhale when emptying them, I personally think bags are better. I was told Panasonics had been discontinued when I purchased my own Hoover and bought the Hoover make, big mistake! its rubbish constantly falls over and the pipe has come away from the attatchment after just 2 years whereas my Panasonic lasted at least 6 years with renovating at least 5 houses. PANASONIC OVER HOOVER ANY DAY 10 OUT OF 10 GO FOR IT TREAT YOURSELF TO A NICE CHEAP EXCELLENT PANASONIC

2.0 out of 5 stars No extension hose, 30 Aug. 2012
Bad points:
3. I dont know if an extension hose ( for cleaning stairs) is available, but the nozzle size is such that extension hoses which fit electrolux and hoover do not fit the panasonic.
In our (the family) opinion a bad buy and wasted money.