5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!
I can honestly say that these headphones have transformed my training experience!

For years I'd been putting up with using an average pair of 'in-ear' headphones which meant that if I was in the gym I would barely be able to hear the music because they would always work themselves out of my ears & drop out at the first mention of sweat and if I was out on a run...
Published on 8 July 2010 by AmieD

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not that good
I bought these headphones to wear whilst running and training. Over the years I have bought numerous other sets but never been able to keep them in my ears long enough to enjoy the disraction of my favourite music while I suffered. After reading the positive reviews I decided to give these a last try before resigning myself to the fact that I would have to put up with the...
Published on 7 Feb 2011 by Paul Hopkins

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 17 July 2013
James Campbell (Stockport, Cheshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sennheiser/Adidas CX 680 High-Performance Noise-Isolating Ear Canal Headphones (Sports-Optimised Design) (Electronics)
I've been hunting down the perfect running headphones and these grabbed my attention. Ironically, given the secure fit for sports is their main selling point, they are the illest fitting earphones I've ever tried. Popping out of my ears ever 2mins, regardless of what combination of buds and fins I tried, they just plain don't fit far enough into the ear.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, 6 July 2013
I have bought three pairs now for running and all of them have lost noise in one ear plug!!!
I have treated the last two pairs very gently but they still mucked up and there's nothing worse when out running ten miles plus and then one ear plug stops working and you still have miles left to jog.
Please please do not buy these ear plugs they may only last you two or three runs really disappointed in there duration and quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars No good for the gym....., 12 Jan 2013
This was a free replacement set of headphones as the last pair failed within 3 months of purchase and Amazon kindly exchanged them. The same thing has happened to this replacement pair which are less than 12 months old. They get regular use at the gym but just don't seem to be able to handle sweat. Steer clear, not worth the extra money!

2.0 out of 5 stars Fall out every 30 seconds or so, 5 Oct 2012
I had very high hopes of these earbuds, but the simple fact is that I haven't got on with them because they won't stay in my ears.

The fin itself is quite happy to wander out of my ear, and after several weeks of trying every different combination of the 3 sizes of both bud and fin, I've come to the conclusion that if staying put in the ear is why you want to buy them, don't.

Sound quality is OK - I'm afraid the gym sound system can still get through - and construction is good.

I'm really disappointed - an expensive experiment, since it failed!

3.0 out of 5 stars So close but yet so far...again, 26 Jan 2012
These must have been the 3rd pair of Sennheiser headphones I have purchased or had bought for me, it all started so well, great sound-quality (particularly noticeable when I used iPod headphones straight after), a great fit with or without the ear fins (I used the medium sized for a great fit) and the cable was the right length to stretch to my pocket.
However the sound adjustment bit is annoying as unless it clips onto your shorts it will tug at the headphones and yet again within the first few months, the sound has gone in one ear, vocals and bass had disappeared prior to this...
Yes I exercise and run with these but they are sports headphones and they aren't exactly mistreated.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Design, 29 Oct 2011
The headphones are designed so that there is a separate audio jack in the piece in the middle. It constantly comes undone, or wiggles undone to distort the sound.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor build quality, 22 Aug 2011
L. Shrimpton "leobold" (Oxford, England) - See all my reviews
I bought these six months ago and the connector is already broken. apart from that i find that they don't stay in my ears very well and the rubber bits on the ear buds come off and are easily lost. not at all happy with this purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible lifespan, 25 July 2011
I purchased these thinking that Sennheiser would offer a good quality product and that "High Performance" "Sports-Optimised" headphones would be durable. I was wrong, so very, very wrong.
I used them running a few times then hurt my back. I used them day to day around the office and on the bus (nothing as strenuous as the usage they were designed for) and within a couple of months they are basically falling apart. The cover where the wire attaches has fallen off one and is loose on the other ear bud and the sound has completely died in one ear.

Contacted Amazon and was told that I need to take it up with the manufacturer. Emailed Sennheiser a few weeks ago but have yet to hear anything back. What an utter, utter, waste of money. Will stick to <£10 "disposable" headphones from now on since these were no more durable at 4 times the price!

2.0 out of 5 stars great in theory. poor in practice., 19 Jun 2011
Whilst the sound quality for a pair of running head phones is good, the rest of the product is fairly poor. I am quite tall, 6'5", and I like to run with an iPod shuffle clipped on my waist band. However, the length of the cable is not long enough to reach my ears. If I then add the attachment to extend the length, the volume control weighs it down sufficiently so the buds fall out straight away. Secondly, the 'ear fins' after 3 months of wear have lost their rigidity and slip out much more easily than they did at the beginning. And thirdly, and most importantly, the undersides of the ear piece that connects the cable and the bud have both snapped in exactly the same place, rendering the whole product useless. For this I will return these ear phones and go back to the tried and tested method of the 'over the' ear ones instead.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many flaws, 17 Jun 2011
I bought these headphones because I do a lot of running and was tired of using i-pod earphones which repeatedly fell out.

These headphones for me fit perfectly, they are comfortable and the fins really do work very well - I've never had a problem with them falling out.

The sound quality is fine, however, I've experienced similar problems to a number of users:

1) The cable length really is quite annoying. As a number of users have pointed out without the extension wire unless you can clip your audio device somewhere around your chest it is unusable. Besides I find the volume adjuster is quite helpful as the volume on MP3 tracks often varies and its useful having a control that's easily accesible (particularly as I often use my phone to listen to audio and this is tucked away in my pocket/bag). A clip is provided which should be helpful (and is needed otherwise the weight of the volume adjuster pulls the earphones out) but I find this is positioned at an odd length - if you put the clip on your belt/wasteline then the wire isn't long enough to comfortably reach your ears (and I'm under 6 foot). So I'm not sure exactly where you are meant to put the clip and a friend of mine who also uses these headphones has the same complaint. Its a simple fault but it really is quite annoying.

2) The build quality of the headphones seems poor. I have only had these 3 months and due to a loose connection I am now unable to hear anything out of one of the earphones. This is a problem I've experienced with other headphones, but given the cost of these I really expected better. It also seems from other reviews that this is quite a common problem.

I'm just hoping I haven't binned my warranty info.

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›