5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!
I can honestly say that these headphones have transformed my training experience!

Published on 8 July 2010 by AmieD

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not that good
Published on 7 Feb 2011 by Paul Hopkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 8 July 2010
This review is from: Sennheiser/Adidas CX 680 High-Performance Noise-Isolating Ear Canal Headphones (Sports-Optimised Design) (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)

For years I'd been putting up with using an average pair of 'in-ear' headphones which meant that if I was in the gym I would barely be able to hear the music because they would always work themselves out of my ears & drop out at the first mention of sweat and if I was out on a run I would spend most of my time trying to put the earphones back in my ears because they would constantly fall out due to the amount of movement involved. With these Adidas earphones, all of these problems are now a thing of the past!

I spent a lot of time researching for a good pair of earphones that weren't going to cost the earth but would stay put not matter what kind of training I was doing & provide good quality sound at the same time. There seemed to be a good variety of 'behind the head' earphones but I've tried them before and they don't really suit for me. So after thinking long and hard I took the plunge and bought these. They are absolutely worth every penny.

The earfin system means that I can put the headphones in my ears at the beginning of a training session or a run & I don't have to think about them again until I'm ready to take them out. They are wonderfully comfortable, the sound quality is excellent and the noise-isolation works so well that I don't hear road noise, noise from the machines in the gym or the background music played in the gym. They work so well that even when there is a spinning class on at the front of the main gym I can't hear that either!! The only minor fault I can see is that you can sometimes hear the thud of your own steps in your ears, but this only seems to occur when the music is on at low volume or if you don't use the wire clip.

Some people seem to think that these headphones are expensive. I actually think that they are very reasonably priced in comparison to some other makes, and if you regularly use earphones to train then I cannot recommend them highly enough. These headphones have transformed my training experience & I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Pair! CX680, 2 July 2010
I've been looking for a pair earphones for a while now that are water resistant and robust, as well as comfortable and produce a descent sound. I go the gym on a regular basis and have been using a non water resistant pair of Sennheiser earphones, which for the environment I'm in were not suitable. They kept coming out of my ears & became uncomfortable due to movement. So...they eventually died on me :( most definitely due to sweat getting in.
So I did a bit of research regarding the type of earphone that would tick all the boxes, and decided on these Sennheiser/Adidas CX 680..
Well I've just been the gym today with them, and what can I say from from running to floor excerise to weight lifting... Superb! (stayed in throughout) Sound is great not high end compared to my IE8's but still rich & solid, bass solid & treble nice.. most importantly they were very comfortable, it felt like there was nothing in my ears.. yes that comfortable. Another plus they don't come out of your ears at all, this is due to cleverly designed fins which make them even more secure in your ears. They also come with loads of different size attachments, 3 sizes of fins, buds.. so you can find the perfect fit easily.
So for me overall perfect piece of kit for training.. they won't disappoint guaranteed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 22 Aug 2010
At last a set of ear phones that do what they are supposed to. They sound great, they actually stay in place and they are very comfortable. The different size fins and plugs are very welcome as I have tiny ears so even I get a perfect fit.
On the down side the lead is just too short to use from a pocket or bum bag and the extension makes it too long. I have got round this problem by putting my pod on my waist band (I don't like it on my arm). Also if the lead bounces about too much you can hear your own footsteps. This is solved by using the clip to lessen wire movement. These are relatively minor problems and overall I am very happy with the product. I run ultra marathons and usually on rough trails, I have worn these ear phones for over 4 hours on a few occasions and had no problems. So if you are thinking of buying these for running I have given them the ultimate trial and they passed with flying colours.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not that good, 7 Feb 2011
Paul Hopkins (Tonna Wales) - See all my reviews
I bought these headphones to wear whilst running and training. Over the years I have bought numerous other sets but never been able to keep them in my ears long enough to enjoy the disraction of my favourite music while I suffered. After reading the positive reviews I decided to give these a last try before resigning myself to the fact that I would have to put up with the moronic bilge that is pumped out of most gym speakers. The reviews were mostly very impressive but I am afraid my experience is not so good.
Despite the little rubber fin things the earphones still come loose in my ears after just a few minutes running. This is extremely disappointing as this is the reason I bought them. The sound quality is also relatively poor for headphones at this price. I also own a pair of Sure headphones whose design does not, unfortunately, lend itself to use while exercising. These cost half the price of the Sennheisers and the sound quality is noticably superior.
The acid test is if I lost them would I buy another set? I don't think so.

4.0 out of 5 stars The most powerful sound when runnin, 30 Oct 2010
It's been a while I was looking for good earphones for my run. I usually run outside for 1 hour and I really love good sound - its motivating. I was hesitating a lot between most earphones. I was reading a lot of comments and tried to figure out how good was the product. I was looking for earphones that would never fall out of my ears (run for 90min and check how sweaty your face will be)... those Adidas-Sennheiser seemed to suit the best because there were designed for sports; and they are. I have used them 4-5 times since I ordered them, and I totally love how they sound - graves, levels of sound, how they block outside noise is impressing. Of course there is better, but also they have the good design for intense sports practice. I must admit I sometimes must reposition them in my ears for them to fit perfect, but they are sold with 3 or 4 different ends and you can choose which one suits best. I am also running with an armband and the adjustable length of the cable is highly practical. I'm not using much the remote control, it's only for volume and I always keep the volume at highest possible (I know it's not good)
To finish, I would say that i love them so much that I use them in the bus or the tube even if they are not the most glamorous to wear for a girl, but I would recommend them for people living their lives intensely through sports & music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb sports headphones, 30 Jan 2012
Mr. Jp Halter "Joe Halter" (Basingstoke, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought these headphones 3 months ago and am conclusively say that I am delighted with them. I am training for the London Marathon and have been running in wind, rain and shine over the winter with these and they are great. They stay in place whether you are in the gym, running or climbing...

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless gimmick and terrible sound, 23 Sep 2011
So my Sonys (AS50G) packed up (left ear stopped working as per reviews on here) and I thought I would go back to sennheiser having had pretty decent results in the past. I bought both this set and the new yellow/green ones with the solid wrap around brace. First, the sound in these is appalling, tinny, trebly and just awful compared to the solid brace pair and also the Sonys that I had been using. Second, however, trying to get these to stay in your ear is a disaster, maybe I run too fast or something but even at warmdown pace they bounce out, big waste of money on both counts

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 8 July 2013
I have to say that I was very 50/50 about these headphones after reading the mixed reviews. I decided to give them a try and now all the concerns that I had about what some people have said about these headphones have now gone. As soon as they arrived I tried them out and they work perfectly. I have had so many sports headphones over the years as I do a lot of fitness training (mainly cycling) and I thought the best headphones were all ways the over-ear hook style. I haven't used these for running yet but I can't see them coming out for any activity, they fit so well and are very comfortable. The ear fin really works!!! and these come with different sizes for better fits. Exterior noise cancellation is good and the volume control is an excellent feature which, is one of the main reasons I purchased these phones actually. I use these headphones with my HTC one X+ which has beats audio software and makes any standard headphones more bassy anyway. With these headphones they are a tiny bit more bassy but not much, in actual fact the sound quality is very good overall. Out of experience though I would say that these would work with all half decent mp3 players.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally some decent sports headphones, 7 Jan 2011
I really hate those headphones that hook around your ear or behind your neck, so finding a suitable alternative was a bit of a struggle. These, so far, seem to fit the bill. They fit in my ear perfectly (there are three sizes, both for the little hook and for the yellow in-ear bit, so they are fairly adjustable) and never fall out when I'm running.

In terms of sound quality, I am not particularly qualified to hold an expert opinion but they seem to do it for me. I don't need to go full volume which was a decisive factor, seeing as I exercise extremely often and for relatively long periods (1.5 to 2 hours a session). They isolate background noise enough but not completely, which I think is a positive thing - it is dangerous to exercise without ambiant noise, such as incoming traffic.

The only downside, I would say, is the length of the cord - the short one is too short (unless you have one of those upper-arm bands to fit your music player), and the long one is - you guessed it - too long. I imagine the long one was designed to reach to a waistband contraption of sorts where you'd fit your iPod. I happen to just hold my iPod when I'm running (it's an old iPod classic so fairly chunky and not appropriate for all those waist-, wrist- and arm contraptions), so I just twist the cable extension around my fingers and it's fine like that for me.

The little volume control on the extension cable is quite handy. The extension also has a clip - I use it when I am on the crosstrainer, it gets in the way when I'm running.

Ah, one last thing: all the dudes tell me the colour is very cool.

I'd recommend this for people who, like me, can't stand 'round the ear' or 'behind the neck' sports headphones. They are extremely comfortable. After a month of use, I have no issues to report. The price is reasonable for the quality of the product. On the whole, I am extremely pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very high quality, 18 Sep 2013
I've given this product 5 stars since I was surprised at the very little loss of sound whilst exercising and travelling on the tube. For the price, it is an absolute bargain!