on 18 March 2013
Got them today. I am impressed by their ease of use, bright clear display and their lightness. The large lens caps are atgtached to the body and it is possible to easily attach the small caps - so I won't lose them.
on 30 January 2013
Chose this binoculars because of the ratings in several comparative tests and the reputation of the brand.
On arrival the looks where very charming, the handling very smooth and easy to handle.
Outdoors they are amazing, very comfortable to use and crisp focus, very good light.
I have tried others, even brands with prices more than 10 times expensive and I think this one is best
Good for open outdoors seashore birdwatching an even in forests with a lot o shadows
on 21 November 2012
These binoculars are just plain good, the best I have owned and maybe the best I have ever tried. Image is bright, has amazing depth and crystal clarity. They are not large but have a good weight to them, so are not lightweights. If I had paid 5 or 10 times more for Zeiss or Leica I doubt I would notice the difference.
on 4 August 2013
Delivered very quickly from Picsio. Extremely well made binoculars. I remember Barr & Stroud in Scotland where they made periscopes for the Naval submarines. They have been manufacturing optics since before the second world war. During that time they made marine binoculars for the Royal Navy and for the army. Excellent reputation for quality products.

The 10x42 are the perfect size for my requirements, good enough magnification and light enough to be able to hold steady without the need for tripod or monopod.

Plenty of light through the lenses give a clear image. Lens covers are supplied, the eye piece cover fix to the neck strap.

The only criticism I would make is the object lens covers. They attach to the binoculars but I found that when worn round the neck while walking, the movement of the body can make them slip off and I almost lost one. Something to keep an eye on, but not something that would stop me buying them.
on 12 June 2014
What I expected, the glasses are great, my only reservation is regarding size. If I were buying in a shop I would have purchased compact set to easily fit in my pocket, which is obviously no reflection on the quality.
I use them for observing wildlife/birds whilst out walking and would recommend them to anyone for that purpose
on 7 December 2014
The price quality relation is fairly good, but don't expect performans in level with higher end binoculars. It's a good choice if you don't want to spend too much money.
on 24 June 2014
I have no experience with binocular, but from what I can feel and see they are great.
Not been overly used yet, they are very clear and easy to use, sturdy.
on 20 January 2014
I bought these binoculars for bird watching and on the several outings I have had with them I can say I am very pleased. The image is very clear and bright even in lower light levels and they are quick and easy to focus.
The only two little niggles I have is that they are a bit heavier than I was expecting and the strap on the carry case is not long enough. Anyway, it is the image that is most important and that is first class.
on 7 January 2016
Excellent, just what i was looking for. spent ages researching and then fell foul of "drink and click" - but no regrets. Great product.
on 13 November 2015
Very good value for the money, close focus is excellent in wood land, viewing small birds close up