Published 2 days ago by Vytautas

Published on 29 Aug 2011 by Lee5

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what is promised, 29 Aug 2011
Lee5 (Leicester United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Works of Rene Descartes (Kindle Edition)
It took me some time to find "Principles of Philosophy", thinking I had been short changed and had only received 'A Discourse on Method", until I realised that to find the "active menu" I had to go to the beginning and then scroll back. There are only two items on that active menu, namely 'A Discourse on Method" and 'Principles of Philosophy'. OK so if I want to be able to flick through a book and find my way then Kindle is not the thing to use, but really this is very primitive. Also I have the usual problem with a kindle edition - no reference to translator, date or translation, etc. So apart from anything else, I can't use it to reference quotes. I really do miss an introductory essay as well. So thumbs down for this.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am very pleased with this purchase, and I think that it is worthy of my assessment of the highest rating., 18 Oct 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Rene Descarte, 3 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Works of Rene Descartes (Kindle Edition)
I like several aspects; here are a few.
1 Exquisitely written with an Engjish translation grammatically pure except for one instance of commencing a paragraph with the conjunction 'but.'
2 Unambiguous.
3 Uses logical thought in a Platonic pattern of reason.
4 A modest philosopher is a rarity.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Works of Rene Descartes (Kindle Edition)
I am not qualified to review this book. Read it and become a better person. More words are not required.

3.0 out of 5 stars Still to be read, 4 April 2013
This review is from: The Works of Rene Descartes (Kindle Edition)
I am sure I will enjoy this book when I get round to it. But it needs concentrated effort and I need to be alert. Not bedtime reading.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 12 April 2013
This review is from: The Works of Rene Descartes (Kindle Edition)
I thought this was going to be a book about how to give the D, when I read it there was nothing of the sort
avoid this book.