5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a listen!!
Published on 19 Feb. 2010 by Sam Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to standard
Published on 15 Nov. 2009 by D. Howells

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a listen!!, 19 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Alter the Ending (Dlx) (Audio CD)
I fell in love with this album as soon as I put it in my CD player. It's catchy and upbeat, and I would definitely suggest it to a friend. It differs to the earlier Dash albums in so much that it may be considered more mainstream, of all of the albums I would probably liken it most to Dusk and Summer and there aren't as many of the gentle melodies that A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar feature. But it is good, very good. Of all of the bands that I enjoy listening to, for me, each of Dash's albums demonstrate the progression of the sound of the band more than any other, and all of the albums differ in their own way; this doesn't disappoint. It hasn't left my CD player since I put it in there 3 weeks ago, and that's a testament to a very good album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alter the ending - I wish they had, 31 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Alter the Ending (Dlx) (Audio CD)
I am a huge fan of Dashboard, have all their music!

This album is actually my favourite, and the 2 disc cd was inspired! My only small (and i mean tidgy) is the last track Hell on the throat which i think could be better, but that is completely subjective and I know other people will love the song.

This album encapsulates Chris' strength in writing powerful and emotional music. This CD has been compared to their last record "The shade of poison trees" but i think this album is more like a cross between "Dusk and summer" and "A mark.." Although in true Dashboard style this album is very different to all their previous records! That's what i love about them, the variety!

Highlights for me on this album are, "Until morning" - The harmonies on this track leave my hairs standing on end! The anthemic "Blame it on the Changes" leaves me wanting to shout at the top of my lungs along with the CD player! And finally "Water and bridges" which includes, bizarrely, a short guitar solo, and has some wierd, almost classical vocal harmonies!

All in all very very good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dashboard...old and new, 11 Jan. 2010
C. Watson "craig6947" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alter the Ending (Dlx) (Audio CD)
Having been a fan of Dashboard Confessional for a good few years, I have to say I am more of a fan of their epic, emotion driven, acoustic songs than the more recent pop-punky kind of songs from the last few albums (e.g. dusk and summer). However I was delighted after giving this latest album a listen, the familiar lyrics we can all relate to, with a real variety of tempo.

The main point I wanted to get across is the acoustic version of the album is a spectacular success, and I would buy this album for the acoustic CD alone. Put it on and get lost in some truly amazing music!

Overall, this is a triumphant return from Dashboard, long may they continue to entertain and inspire us.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy sad, 4 April 2010
ANKERS (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alter the Ending (Dlx) (Audio CD)
This album is probably exactly what you'd expect from Dashboard when combined with Butch Walker. Perfect recording teamed with perfect pop melodies. The acoustic versions on the attached CD show the songs in their stripped back form. From my point-of-view, this is where the songs are at their strongest. The acoustic CD also harks back to 'The Shade of Poision Trees', which is still my personal favourite Dashboard CD.

It could rock more, but you can't have it all ways.

5.0 out of 5 stars My album of the year, 18 Nov. 2009
L. Bradley (huddersfield, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alter the Ending (Dlx) (Audio CD)
Despite the delays with the albums release, Alter the Ending was well worth the wait.
The double disc idea was brilliant too, a pleaser for fans of either the electric Dashboard or the acoustic side. Even better for people like me who love both!

Chris took a big risk with this album and it most certainly paid off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedy fast!, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Alter the Ending (Audio CD)
The CD arrived within two days and was as described...what else is there to say? Simples!!

Some great tunes on it for you DC fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Carrabba, you've done it again..., 7 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Alter the Ending (Dlx) (Audio CD)
How does this man write such consistently amazing albums? If you liked previous albums (particularly The Shade Of Poison Trees) you'll love this. Infact, you'll probably love it anyway, cos it's great. Buy it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to standard, 15 Nov. 2009
D. Howells (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alter the Ending (Dlx) (Audio CD)
I have to say that I'm just not as impressed by this album as with his previous ones. For once, I think I dislike more songs than I like on a DC album - I'm not impressed with the electric CD at all and I only like a few of the acoustic versions. I wasn't too big a fan of Shade of Poison Trees and this has a similar sound - for me it doesn't have enough stand-out, unique songs from Chris like those in A Mark A Mission or Places. I think he should've stuck with the solo albums - not liking the full band at all.

That said Get Me Right, I Know About You, Even Now and Hell on the Throat are my favourites as well as the acoustic version of Belle of the Boulevard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent Album, 11 Nov. 2009
A. Mitchell (Belfast, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alter the Ending (Dlx) (Audio CD)
This is my favourite Dashboard album to date.

It is an instantly catchy album with the typical flowing sounds we have become familiar with when listening to Dashboard through the years.

The Acoustic CD is also a major plus for this album.

All in all, a great album and at a time when I am becoming disillusioned with the music industry for the R&B culture that has suffocated the popular scene, it is refreshing to know that there are still bands that I can affiliate myself with.

Alter the Ending
Alter the Ending by Dashboard Confessional (Audio CD - 2010)