5.0 out of 5 stars Eat Right for Blood Type O
This is an excellent book to read and just the right size to fit in your handbag. It's divided into sections making it easy to consult while shopping.
Published on 14 Oct 2011 by Catherine

2.0 out of 5 stars Not made for a kindle
This is not made for a kindle unless you have it on the smallest font you are unable to see the entire page. Not recommended for kindle!
Published on 9 Jun 2012 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Eat Right for Blood Type O, 14 Oct 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 19 May 2011
I purchased this for my daughter as i had the book for my blood group. Having started this way of eating for health reasons i was amazed at the quick change in improvment in my health with the added bonus of losing a few pounds too!!
Try it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 30 Aug 2011
I found this book really useful. It covers most foods and I feel better for following the advice. If you want all foods covered then you will have to get the main book for all blood types.

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely on to something there, 6 April 2012
Juliet Foster "Life's better in Red" (Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eat Right for Blood Type O: Individual Food, Drink and Supplement lists (Eat Right for Your Blood Type) (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book out of curiosity as I've been aware for some time that certain foods were making me feel unwell. I ate a digestive biscuit earlier today and promptly ballooned up so far that I had to loosen my clothes. I do not have coeliac and the doctors are stumped, so I'm going it alone to find the answer. Interestingly, the foods that I suspected and had already begun to eliminate from my diet are the same foods that D'Adamo list as foods to avoid for blood type O.

I see several dieticians have disparaged this book in reviews here, citing varied diet as the main reason for increased lifespan. As a historian, I'd argue that food hygiene and freshness, decent sanitations and the eradication of many diseases are all contributory to extended lifespan in general. We eat more than one meal a day and it isn't half rotten or crawling with disease, for example.

D'Adamo's book makes perfect sense to me as someone experiencing exactly the problems he talks about. Grains and dairy in particular have made me feel ill for years and he indicates these as the most detrimental foods for type O. Beef is the most beneficial, and when I am in a recovery phase the one thing I crave inexplicably is beef. My body knows what I should and shouldn't be eating and what it knows perfectly coincides with the information in this book; too much of a coincidence for me to think this book does not have something important to say.

The Kindle version did make me laugh with some of the typos. A tiny amount of choose per week might have been confusing had it not been in the same column as eggs and milk, and I might adopt the tublespoon as a new measurement in my kitchen. There's nothing that greatly spoils the content and to Kindle readers it's probably no surprise to spot the errors.

I will not be following the diet absolutely to the letter, but I will use it to help adjust what I eat so that my food no longer makes me ill.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 2 May 2013
Interesting book, very informative on foods to avoid, eat etc. Only down side it is produced for the American market so some of the foods are not what we would eat/be able to buy in the UK. Thin enough to fit in a handbag for reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 6 Jan 2013
Excellent book and is very interesting to read. Worked wonders for me when I started following it recommendations. Highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 5 Feb 2013
Need to read very helpful, just what you need to help understand your blood type and what foods are good for you and what is not

4.0 out of 5 stars Know your blood type, 25 April 2014
Someone suggested I read this book. I had spent years always watching my weight. I thought I was eating good food but often had a bloated stomach. I bought this book, and after reading it I went out and bought all the suggested food, and I am now 2 weeks eating to my blood type. I no longer have a bloated stomach and my food cravings have gone. I seem to be able to eat more food and no longer snack between meals. As long as you know which blood type you are, it is worth reading the book because it goes into great detail what certain foods can do to you. I will be getting the cook book next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 18 Jan 2014
I had to purchase this book on my Kindle. I have the paperback but wanted this book with me when I travel. It has now become my "Do not leave home without" - I live my life by the suggestions given for good health and fitness - extremely happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Knowledge that will change your health potential!, 28 Dec 2013
I began to follow the recommendations regarding nutrition for my blood group (O) described in this marvellous book a number of years ago and cannot tell you the benefits it has provided physically, mentally and emotionally. I work as a Shiatsu practitioner and use the knowledge to advise clients accordingly and those omitting particularly wheat from their diet find an overall improvement in their health.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›