5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant with Wacom 22HD Cintiq*
I use this with my Cintiq 22HD and it is brilliant. I toyed with getting the 24HD but I couldn't justify the price hike. The 24H's stand seemed much better than the 22HD. A wee bit of research and found I could potentially use this.

Published 20 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Not high enough - buy the tall pole version instead
I feel a bit mean only giving 2 stars - but I do believe the product could be MUCH better designed.
I think many of the reviewers are (like me at first) delighted to have a monitor arm whereas before they didn't - but that doesn't mean this is the best arm you could ever wish for.

Good points
1. It looks smart and stylish with its silver and black...
Published 15 months ago by Nicodemus

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant with Wacom 22HD Cintiq*, 24 Sept. 2013
Amazon Customer (Glasgow, London & Hannover) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Arm (Personal Computers)

I love it, I move my tablet all over the place as I work and this has never had a problem. I can't really comment on longevity but (about 3 months in) it seems to be holding up fine.

The instructions are pretty good and you get all the wee bits to set it all up.

*Sorry this is all very tablet related but I couldn't see anything that covered what I wanted to know before I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great piece of kit, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Arm (Personal Computers)
Really happy with this, I have a Dell 24" monitor and it is heavy! The Ergotron LX has no problem with it, after a bit of tension adjusting it holds it rock steady while still allowing the monitor to be easily moved. I got this as I have a bad habit of stooping whilst using my PC and it gives me a bad back (after 8 hours a day slaving in front of it), this allows me to position the monitor at the correct height & distance. Absolutely chuffed with it worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 16 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Arm (Personal Computers)
It's rare to get a product that exceeds expectations but the Ergotron LX does it easily. A bit pricey but you get your money's worth. Quality build with sturdy well machined parts and a breeze to put together.

Pros:
Arrived professionally packaged
Easy assembly and mounting to desktop
Sturdy mounts and arms
Screws,wrenches,screwdrivers and misc well packaged
The arms provide a nice way to hide cables
Assembled and in use in 1/2 hour
No adjustments were necessary in my case (24" monitor)

Cons: No instruction manual. Easily found on Ergotron's website for download (7 pages). Good to have if you need to adjust the up/down tension which wasn't needed in my case.

I highly recommend the extra arm extension. The range of left and right folding motion doubles not to mention the extra extension distance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, 5 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Arm (Personal Computers)
This has made my set up much more user friendly, don't know why I didn't get something like this before. After building my own desktop I decided to add this as a finishing touch. I have mounted a 27 inch monitor to it. I had to use some washers to get it attached tightly but I believe that was an issue with my monitor having short vesa threads. Now I can sit on the couch and just swing the monitor around to watch something, I can bring it close to me for drawing, move it out of the way for easy access to the back of the pc. It looks really good and gives more room on my desk. Set up took a little tweaking with the strength of the spring loading using the allan key but then I was all set. I have it mounted to a 8mm glass table with no issue. No regular monitor stand comes close to the ergonomics of this device, recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not high enough - buy the tall pole version instead, 21 Feb. 2014

Good points
1. It looks smart and stylish with its silver and black colours.
2. It feels solid and robust. Well engineered, not flimsy or wobbly. The desk clamp in particular is solid as a rock.
3. Price was reasonable (reduced to about £106 from £160) cheaper than similar - e.g. Flo.
4. Frees up desk space underneath. (Ie it is a monitor arm!)

Weak points
1. Has no way (as far as I can tell) to stop the "elbow" swivelling right back and banging the wall behind the desk. Some rival products do have this feature. I have worked around this by altering the position of the clamp sideways relative to where I position the monitor usually. It's not easy to explain, but now when I push the monitor away the front arm swivels more than the back one so I don't bash the wall.

2. It is not easy to put the monitor exactly where I want it. For example, It doesn't want to move straight up and down - the movement is more curved because of the way the arm articulates. So it kind of moves sideways as well as up/down. I can overcome this, but i have to wrestle with it a bit. Likewise moving fwd or back, the screen does not automatically stay straight.

3. The biggest problem by far is that it is NOT HIGH ENOUGH. It was ok (just) at max height, until I raised my seat slightly to improve my sitting posture - but I can't raise the monitor any higher. The claimed height range of 18 inches is totally misleading. The arm's lowest position (without a monitor attached) is touching the desk. The highest position is 18" above the desk. But with a monitor attached it won't go so low of course. So the actual range is only 12". And who would want their monitor touching the desktop anyway??? With my 19" monitor attached the top of my screen is 22" from the desktop. It needs to be about 24".

Ergotron make a tall pole version of this product - I would recommend anyone reading this review to buy that version instead so you get 5 inches more height. (I am a very average height male by the way. Not super tall.).

I contacted Ergotron (in Holland) to try to get a tall pole. They do NOT sell it separately. The person I spoke to was very helpful and would have sent one free if they had one available - but they didn't. It was looking like I would have to send the whole thing back. But I found a small local engineering company that made me a new pole for £30. (This includes cutting a thread into it so it screw into the base - it's not just a pole, it's a bit more complicated than that!). This was still cheaper than buying the tall pole version because the short pole version is currently reduced by £60. But all in all a frustrating experience, because why why why do they sell this poorly designed version at all???

One last point - I think all the similar arms such as Flo have equally flawed design. In fact they are worse - at least Ergotron offer the tall pole version.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, flexible, and manipulable., 26 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Arm (Personal Computers)
This is my first experience with an arm for a monitor - well, personal experience, I've never had one myself - but so far I have to say I'm impressed. The counterbalance is near on perfect, the arm is easy to manipulate, and it's a breeze to set up.

The only downside I've found so far is that it doesn't quite go high enough. I originally bought this with the aim of making a standing desk, but it seems I'll have to further engineer it to get the monitor that high with this arm.

On the up side, the problem that other people seem to be mentioning about the base arm being hard to maneuver is a non-issue. From what I could figure, people were saying the base pole doesn't move, and amusingly enough it's not supposed to. The arm does have a grub screw to tighten it up, but I've left it loose for maximum movement. Maybe people have been tightening that and thinking the base pole was supposed to rotate? No idea.

The conclusion would be that this is a good arm.

Pros: Pretty much everything, except...
Cons: Doesn't raise high enough to my tastes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Arm (Personal Computers)
I angst for days deciding what type of desk mount to purchase for my new PC - I was looking for smart, slick but most of all, maneuverability in a desk mount - I got all of that with this product.

It arrived two days after placing my order and I was delighted with the product quality and the 'look'. Clear clean lines, easy to mount on the desk. Perhaps my only moan is that it would have been good to feed the cables inside the mount instead of them being clipped on the underside.

Value for money, a solid product and does the job and looks good - don't look anywhere else - this is your answer!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and solid but could be a bit easier to assemble, 15 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Arm (Personal Computers)
I bought this to connect to a Samsung Syncmaster 245B 24 inch monitor, which I successfully managed to do. The arm has a lot of range of motion, and feels well built.

There is a video from the manufacturer here, showing how to install it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvK_RbLfQfg (has no sound)

The arm has a 100 x 100 VESA mounting. I needed to also purchase the "Ergotron VESA Bracket Adaptor Kit" (also sold by Amazon) to connect it to the 200 x 100 VESA mounting on my monitor. This was a little bit fiddly, and the screw-holes don't fully line up, but I got it working, and I'm no handyman!

Before I connected my monitor to the arm, I thought I'd check that the arm actually moved as it should, since I've seen a couple of people say that their arm didn't move, and that Ergotron had told them this was a fault. Well, I couldn't get the arm to move at all, so I contacted Ergotron support via their website, who quickly wrote back to say that the monitor acts as a counterbalance, and the arm won't move without it being there. That's true - as soon as I connected the monitor the arm moved fine.

There are a couple of Allen key holes that you can tighten and loosen to control the stiffness of the arm, for height and tilt adjustment. It's quite fiddly to get the Allen key into the holes when the whole thing is assembled, especially if you have your desk with its back to a wall, and it would have been easier if these were knobs rather than Allen keys. At least you do get an Allen key with a nice big handle included in the pack, which is good. My advice would be to tighten the Allen keys fairly tight (not quite all the way) before you attach the monitor, because it's a lot easier to access the Allen key holes before you've attached the monitor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Arm (Personal Computers)
I bought two of these after buying a cheaper pair of monitor arms. The cheaper pair really were not up to the job. The monitors that I am mounting are a 27 inch and 24 inch, so the cheaper arms could not support the weight amongst other design defects.

However two of these easily support a 27 inch and a 24 inch monitor. The manipulability of this arm is excellent. Construction is quick and easy, 20 minutes to do two arms. Also the desk I use is quite deep however arms are long enough to reach across the desk. Whilst I have only started using them, at the moment I cannot fault them. Only thing I noticed was they seem a prone to wobble up and down with external vibration but I do think that this will be an issue for me. Saying that every monitor arm I have used, including professional quality ones at work, suffer from this problem.

All round excellent. When I first saw them the price I put me off, as they are quite expensive. Compared to other products half their price this item is definitely worth more than double their value. Particularly if you are mounting large / heavy monitors, I would strongly recommend going straight for these and paying a bit more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good range and movement, missing horizontal/vertical lock and better cable management, 10 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Arm (Personal Computers)
It doesn't have locks for horizontal/vertical or for any angle for that matter so you are always wondering if you are going mad or you screen is actually crooked. It has a cover for cables on the bottom part of the arm but inexplicably that feature is missing on the top part. Otherwise the movement is pretty smooth.

Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Arm