5.0 out of 5 stars Lush cable
Ok, so it's not actually braided with metal, but it sure looks like it is. This cable is rock solid, build and sound quality is fantastic, and you get what you pay for! Been using daily for over a month, and still perfectly intact.
Published 2 months ago by J.Stockbridge

Bought this as a replacement for my NS1000 headphones cable, where a terminal became loose.

Firstly, the sound is great, the plugs are very compact and fit the NS1000 socket perfectly. If that was it, I would have given 5 stars.

Published 10 months ago by Adam

3.0 out of 5 stars Ill thought out design flaw ruins this otherwise excellent cable, 4 Sep 2013
This review is from: Hama 2m AluLine 3.5 mm Jack Plug - 3.5 mm Jack Plug Stereo Connecting Cable (Accessory)

Unfortunately, Hama decided to wrap the entire cable length in a funky metal braid, presumably for aesthetic reasons. It worked - the cable looks very good indeed. The problem however, and it is a massive problem, it that whenever the cable moves, if coiled even one inch where two parts of the cable touch eachother, then a metallic grating sound travels the length of the cable into the cans of the headphones. Annoying is an understatement.

This cable is therefore an excellent buy if intending to use as an interconnect, but flawed of using as a headphone cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lush cable, 26 May 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Feel like good quaiity, 2 Dec 2013
Simon P (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I've used these to connect my iPhone to my car stereo, hiding the wire inside the dash through to the glove box. Purchased them because of the small size of the phono plug, easier to route through the car.

Look smart too when plugged in. The wire has a good shield and took being pulled through drilled holes well.

I'm getting feedback through the wire from the car on revving the engine, but i strongly suspect this to be more due to the phone being charged and causing a loop rather than the wire itself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but very good quality, 20 Oct 2011
I needed this cable for setting up my iPhone in my car. The cable needed to be long enough and sturdy and that is exactly what I got. It has a flexible outer skin which makes it look and feel like it will last forever. The connector itself is attached to the cable so that it will not break easily.

All in all including the shipping costs I found it to be a little bit expensive for a simple cable, but it is well build so imho it's worth the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal if...., 23 Jun 2011
If you use this as a fixed connection to your iPod then it might last forever, It certainly looks as if it could. But if, like me, you are constantly twisting and straining the connection (I use my ipod hooked up to a bedside radio) then it will, within 6 months or so, fail you. The sound will start dropping out as the wires close to the plug are damaged. But it is a nice cable; has beatifully thin aluminium plugs and lasts longer then any other cable I have tried. If the price is right (these were less than 5 at one stage) then give it a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cable and service, 7 Jun 2011
I got this off Amazon as a replacement for my existing headphone cable, which is too short to use with my computer. This has very small, high-quality aluminium end casings, which unlike most other cables, actually fit into the very small socket on my headphones (Goldring NS1000's).

The cable itself is extremely high quality, making it well worth the price. The sheathing it comes in offers good protection and looks great - the grey colour matches my headphones perfectly. It is a little plastic-like, but after a small amount of use the cable loses its coils from being packaged up.

One minor problem did occur - one end of the cable developed a faulty connection after about a month, but after calling up Hama (I spoke to someone at their actual office in the UK, with no hold time - very impressive!) they offered to replace the cable free of charge. Excellent service, will definitely look at Hama again for electrical items!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my headphones..., 25 Aug 2010
Anthony S. Clarke "Asparian" (Austin, TX - Kumamoto, Japan) - See all my reviews
When the cable on my Sony MDR-NC50s broke I had to fix them myself with a new connector. However, what I really wanted was a new cable and the knowledge I can get another if that broke some time in the future without paying the fifty pounds Sony wanted to send a replacement.

The issue with other cables is their size - the connector has to fit inside a recess on the headphones and so typical jack to jack cables just would not fit in addition to being too heavy.

This cable worked perfectly as a replacement. The NC50s are black and so I thought this cable would not match the colour, but actually it complemented them very well.

The cable is much tougher than the original though it is slightly thicker and not soft to the touch like the original. The 2M length now means I can comfortably use my headphones when using my computer, the original cable was only 90cm.

Overall, an excellent replacement for the NC50 cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, excellent cable, 18 Aug 2010
I have been using cheaper cables - many of them. My use involves frequent plugging and unplugging with light tension and lots of flexing. The standard twinned cable connectors for under three quid always failed with one channel becoming intermittent as an internal wire failed.
This Hama cable has some excellent design features- the plugs are truly very small in cover diameter and really light (aluminum cover), the cable is thin and light but has a metallic mesh overall cover which gives it extra protection against flexing damage and light tension flexing at the plug neck.
If you have a connector usage where you have experienced an intermittent channel (not due to socket damage, which can occur), this cable may be your solution. The price is a little higher but it could be an overall saving - and importantly, prevent loss of a channel in your recordings.

5.0 out of 5 stars The replacement cable for use with Sony MDR-NC50 headphones, 13 Sep 2012
A. G. Lowe (UK) - See all my reviews
This high quality German quality-approved but made in China cable with 3.5mm jack plugs made a solid connection between my iPod and Sony MDR-NC50 headphones. The jacks click positively into the iPod and the Sony headphones. That's critical since Sony has issued a product advisory notice that says it's essential to have that positive lock between the cable jack and the headphones. Many cheap cables won't fit the Sony headphones correctly (they don't click in and thus have a poor connection, dropping stereo channels and reducing sound quality) and Sony's replacement cable costs 35. These are better-made than the originals and give excellent sound quality. The cable is of the woven metal type rather than wires encased in black plastic, so it's strong and gives good protection. It's therefore also stiffer than the plastic-covered type. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars These are either great or useless depending what you want them for.., 24 Nov 2013
T. Forshew (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought these to replace the cable on my Goldring ns1000 headphones (which other than cable problems I think are great). I was pleased with the sound and build quality. Annoyingly they are covered in a protective mesh which rubs as you move making a really load noise through your headphones. I have finally given up and bought a different cable which is much better. If you are plugging into speakers these are great.. If you are planning to use them for headphones I would personally look else where.