Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 June 2011
Well, I guess I could be accused of being totally biased seeing as the lead singer/composer of this brilliant band is my own Nephew, Andy Platts - but I honestly do find this band fascinating and the music vibrant, lively and very enjoyable - they so love what they do and strive more and more for improvement, this album is fantastic and contains all their best-loved songs, such as Pots of Gold, Finger on It, You are the Music in Me (my personal favourite) - I would recommend this album without hesitation, just put it in your CD player, sit back and relax! As family, we have been lucky enough to hear the whole of Mama's Gun's new album which is due to be released in 5 days' time (6th June 2011), it's called "The Life and Soul" and can be pre-ordered right here on Amazon!
on 11 March 2010
i saw them live when they supported beverley knight, a woman behind me had been yakking on about how great the support would be , she was telling everyone that could hear her about her fantasies about one of the group. she confessed she went a bit ott but was just a boring muso...she was not wrong,she was very boring...so i was not looking forward to seeing them if she was anything to go by.....they were amazingly good, funky, lively, clearly loving what they do and oozing confidence, their style is very slick, lots of influences but it all worked so so well. cannot rate the cd highly enough altho have to say they are better live , but you wont be disappointed with this cd at all. to support beverley knight, you have to have something special if you want to be remembered after her storming performances, Mamas Gun certainly were up to the challenge.
on 3 March 2010
This is a group I've been following for quite some time now (even when they were known as Delrosario), so I was very much been waiting for this album upon it's release. Their debut album was released last year and it has to be said that it was well worth the wait. Having heard the majority of the songs beforehand through their MySpace page, etc - I was in no way bored of hearing them, which is the definite sign of a fantastic album. This album contains a song for any mood that you're in, whether it be a feel good song, etc. It's hard to pick a favourite song from this project, I just love the album as a whole and it wouldn't be right to narrow it down to one song, when the rest are just as good.

On another note, I wouldn't usually purchase a re-release of an album unless I respected the artist and I am very much a fan of Mamas Gun, the first release of this album was amazing, but now that it has been repackaged with extra songs (I had them on download, but it's definitely not the same as having them on CD) it makes this album even more special than it was before.

I would seriously recommend the re-release of this album to anyone who is wondering whether to purchase it. It's worth every penny, I can only hope there is more to come from this group, they certainly have the goods to be around a long time within music and Andy, the lead singer, has such an amazing voice. Worth every single penny!
on 18 November 2010
To be honest i had never heard of mammas gun,but while looking up the wherabouts of rex horan the bass player [ex white buffalo] i found a link to a video of finger on it[track 4] and was impressed with the energy the whole band puts in to it. The album i have is the deluxe edition and has a good mix of high energy funk and nice chill out tracks, i found the musicianship of the whole band exceptional, good rythm section and stunning vocals,it is so nice to find a band that is playing for the love of music and not having a big ego trip [unlike a lot of stuff out there today] For the price i payed i would thoroughly recomend this album and the band. i hope this helpful.
on 24 January 2013
Ok, I know you shouldn't be too harsh when something is not right but sometimes.......

Firstly I do not like live albums as I feel they can sound a bit thrown together. This is one album that should have been recorded live. I saw these guys live and trust me they were nothing short of brilliant. They are all very talented musicians and nice guys as they were interacting with the audience, top guys, great music..........but whoever engineered this album clearly didn't like the band and it lets them down so badly, so much has been lost in the studio its nothing short of a tradegy, I was so disappointed, to see this band shine in the Albert Hall only to be badly presented on CD its terrible.

It is a shame, however, I would like to give some positives, the tracks are all good lyrically and the flavour of the music is somewhere between Jamiroquai & Maroon 5 and in its own right it is top notch. I particularly like "Psycho territory" & performed live its just amazing.

Apologies to the band for the bad review, its not your music its just the poor quality of the recording that I was disappointed with.
on 26 May 2010
Great CD, great band, great sound!

Lively, funk with attitude, much has been written about their music and style so I was a little cautious, but their sound lived up to all I'd read...these guys will be around for a while.

Next I want to see them live!
on 27 September 2009
Fresh and funky, that's how I'd explain Mamas gun..
Reminds me of Brand New Heavies.. Jamiroquai.. meets Maxwell..
Soulful/Funky/jazzy tunes.. A break from the norm right now.

Seen live is a must!
on 30 April 2010
I heard Mama's Gun for the first time a couple of months ago on Smooth radio, loved them and thought i'd give their album a go. What a great band, best i've heard in a long time.
on 5 November 2014
Best of their albums, listening over & over again