5.0 out of 5 stars A watch to train with, and then wear in the pub afterwards!
This is an excellent watch for its price tag. I paid [] for it from amazon in the sale. I had debated over a number of weeks whether to buy a gps watch or not (I was running at the time) but in the end opted for this rather than spending hundreds on something I may never use again.

The main reason for buying this was to assist me during a Marathon so that I...
Published on 16 Sep 2011 by Matt

1.0 out of 5 stars Edited - broken!
UPDATE: 6 months after purchase the strap has snapped. The yellow colour turned to grey about 6 weeks after purchase (admittedly he did wear it all the time, but still you expect a watch to last more than 6 months!)

Published on 13 Mar 2012 by atheistsaregod

5.0 out of 5 stars A watch to train with, and then wear in the pub afterwards!, 16 Sep 2011
This review is from: Timex Ironman Bright 30 Lap Shock Yellow Resin Watch - T5K430SU (Watch)

The main reason for buying this was to assist me during a Marathon so that I knew my split-times at each marker, it was the first marathon i've done and i just wanted something simple to guide me around the course and keep me on track time-wise. This watch did the job terrificly. No fancy readings just a simple split-lap lime and cumulative running time which was all I needed on the day.

The watch functions perfectly with a big easy to press button at each marker and guided me around the course 20 minutes quicker than I had hoped for. Better still, being yellow it looks cool in its own right. This had been a factor for me, I wanted a stylish watch that I could enjoy afterwards. Now it sits happily on my wrist as I raise a glass of beer and gives me a warm glow every now and again when I am reminded of the race.

A good value and very stylish piece of kit, ideal for basic running functions.

1.0 out of 5 stars Edited - broken!, 13 Mar 2012

In the first week after purchase I wrote: I got this for my boyfriend as a running watch to map his runs but he has decided to never take it off! He even wears it with a suit! And in bed. And in the shower... He used to hate watches, now he is inseparable from this yellow beast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 19 Feb 2012
This is a fantastic product with loads of features. I would highly recommend this to anyone needing a cheaper alternative to another well known brands shock resistant watches.

4.0 out of 5 stars IronMan Lambourgini Lemon Yellow, 16 Jan 2012
S. P. Diamond (Northampton UK) - See all my reviews
Good watch, chunky, hopefully will drag me around Lanzarote Ironman in May in under 12 hours. Alarm, repeating Timer, stopwatch, strap, brightness. Carry a bit of sunlight around in your training.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, excellent value, 13 Jan 2012
shortie17 (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
I am a watch collector and needed something more practical following a return to fitness and my life becoming more active.

I had been looking at Casio G-Shock watches but instead ordered a Casio diver's watch from Amazon, which I returned because it looked different when it arrived and I didn't like it.

An alternative was Timex Ironman watches and I was pleasantly surpised to see this in Amazon's January sales.

The yellow colour may not be to everyone's liking but is on trend and I love it! As with all Ironmans it is water resistant to 200 metres and shock resistant (just like a G-Shock). It's fairly basic compared to some other watches on the market but given it's low price, high strength and durability it's a small sacrifice.

So far I have used the "chrono" function several times and it works very well. Where I suspect it will come into it's own will be underwater or swimming.

The strap has an unusual feature in the sense that it locks the fastening band in position thanks to some raised mounts. To be honest this took some getting used to but at least it stops me fiddling with the strap!

The watch itself looks suitably masculine on (but naturally I didn't buy it for that - not, lol), but the colour means it could easily be worn by anyone. It is quite large but very, very light so you hardly even notice it on your wrist.

My only criticism is that the bolts to hold on the bezel look stuck on and very plastic, whereas on a G-Shock you get metal in-laid screws.

Overall however I am very impressed with my purchase. It remains to be seen whether the colour will wear or get grubby over time (which may be a consideration for some) but so far as I say I love it!

I thoroughly recommend this watch as a G-Shock alternative.

5.0 out of 5 stars timex ironman yellow resin watch, 11 Dec 2011
i was very pleasd to get my watch i now wear it swiming it keeps good time a big thank andrew

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 30 July 2011
Very nice watch with good functions. Only downside is the start button for the stop watch. Bit fiddly. Great colour!!!

ARRAY(0xa8de5750)