5.0 out of 5 stars Shiatsu Foot Massager- You'll Happily Foot the Bill for It
Published on 14 Dec 2010 by H.T.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published on 23 Jan 2012 by Efilwol

5.0 out of 5 stars Shiatsu Foot Massager- You'll Happily Foot the Bill for It, 14 Dec 2010
This review is from: HoMedics FM-TS9-GB Deluxe Shiatsu Foot Massager (Personal Care)
Consider this product if your feet need a good massaging. It's easy to use, and you can vary the firmness of the massage- all you have to do is press down as hard as you want with your feet to get a firmer massage. Know that the heat feels great, BUT, know that you can turn it off if you need to. Also, the machine uses rotating balls, which is good, because can simply move your foot around to target the worst spots on your foot.

While not as good as a professional Shiatsu massage, it can only work the bottoms of your feet- but, nothings perfect! Other useful foot care products I found include The 5-Minute Plantar Fasciitis Solution if you suffer from plantar fasciitis.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, 13 Feb 2012
Bought this as i suffer with mortons neuromas and one of the treatments to ease the pain is to manipulate the area.. now granted this is not a substitute for a good foot rub .. but if your like me and have a family that refuse to give foot rubs this is the next best thing...cold settings lovely after a day at work on my feet and if your feet are cold the hot setting is brilliant...20 minutes of sheer heaven...

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 8 Jun 2010
Bought this two months ago and overall I am very pleased I did it.

In my own opinion nothing beats a foot massage given by my partner, but on those days where she is not in the mood to give one, this is still a great alternative especially for people who put alot of strain on their feet from standing all day, playing football, dancing, running, etc.

Positives:

+ The three rotating balls do a great job of massaging and you can simply move your foot anywhere on them to focus the massage on a particular point
+ The heat function is very nice in the winter but you can turn it off
+ Very simple and easy to use
+ Quite light and compact in comparison to other foot massage products I have seen
+ sturdily built and aesthetically pleasing in my opinion
+ Massage can be as delicate or as vigorous as you want, all you have to do is put more weight on your feet while sitting
+ Your feet really do feel great afterwards!
+ My partner loves it too and she is normally against having too many gadgets around the house

Negative points:

- Doesn't pay any attention to the top side of your feet, but not many devices of this type do as far as I am aware
- no timer or automatic shut off (I hear that you shouldn't really do more than 15 mins massage in one sitting or else you could be overdoing it)
-I wouldn't say its really THAT portable, although its entirely possible if you really wanted to take it somewhere with you, it would fit in a rucksack
- The place where you put your feet is not washable so I recommend using the device while using fresh socks for obvious reasons!

Thank you homedics for another great product! (I also have the sp-10 shiatsu cushion which is also ace!)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 23 Jan 2012
I have foot problems - not just tired feet, but foot problems (midfoot arthritis in both feet). I was looking for something that could really give my feet a good work out and I was rather disappointed with the HoMedics FM-TS9-GB Deluxe Shiatsu Foot Massager. Basically, what is it is three rotating disks, one located at approximately to ball of your foot, one located at approximately the arch of your foot and one located at approximately the heel of your foot. If you have small feet, these won't be in the right place. Likewise, if you have large feet.
Each rotating disk has four metal balls slightly larger than a chick pea attached to it. The disks rotate and the balls are meant to feel like "thumb pressure". To me, they don't.
I wanted something that could really work the arch and centre of my foot and I found that these rotating disks did not do the job (and I have pretty flat feet, so they did not have far to go into my arch). I was hoping for massage head that would undulate, the provide the massage without the need to keep moving your feet around on the device to "hit the spot" but these massage heads rotate only.
Anyway, if you have just plain tired feet, then I image that the fairly gentle massage this provide would feel nice. The heat does feel nice, although in my experience it did not get very warm (not as warm as say a heat pad). But if you are looking for pain relief of more serious foot problems, this won't do it. I returned mine.

1.0 out of 5 stars HIDDEN SAFETY INFORMATION - BEWARE!, 11 Feb 2011
I bought this as a birthday present for my father-in-law who has trouble with circulation in his feet as a result of his heart condition. I checked out the product as thoroughly as possible before buying; there were no contra-indications in any of the product information. I was enraged to discover - at the very bottom of the safety information page, long after the 'don't stick your fingers in the plug-socket' kind of thing, that anyone with a pacemaker needs to consult their doctor before use -- because, in fact, it can't be used with a pacemaker; that it shouldn't be used by anyone with diabetes; and that it is unsuitable for anyone with circulation problems. This is simply outrageous. None of this is apparent in its product description and all three make it, in my case, unfit for purpose. I'll be returning it -- others should beware.

4.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, but great for the price., 8 Dec 2014
This is yet another offering from one of the leading manufacturers of good value massing devices. Overall I am pretty happy with the performance of the foot massager but if you are buying this expecting it to be a worthy substitute for a proper foot massage then you will be sadly disappointed.

I would highly recommend this for any people who spend a long time on their feet each day, regular use will certainly ease tension in the feet. The biggest issue with the massager is the maximum time of 20 mins you can use the product for. This is where you get what you pay for; at this price point the motor is not as durable as a device 3 times the price and so overuse above 20 mins per session will burn it out pretty quickly.

The addition of heat, certainly adds value VS some of the cheaper massagers and so I would certainly say that at the price point you wont get anything better for your money.

Fantastic present for anyone who complains of sore feet.

4.0 out of 5 stars foot massager, 30 Aug 2011
I use this item with my rubber flip flops on and then it is perfect. Too hard on bare feet for me. My feet also slip around but I like that and can put what ever part of my feet I want massaged on the rotating balls. Works well for me and my feet are tender.

4.0 out of 5 stars I think it's Good!!, 1 April 2012
My heel hurts so bad after all day long stand at work, which is by the way my job(Security). I am now suffering from Plantar Fasciitis. Though I knew this won't do any good on my problem but thought it would give me some relief on the pain. So, I bought it and is actually good, it feels someone is actually massaging your feet. I have no idea how professional shiatsu massage feels like but this machine exerts more force than you do with your finger.
So, I'd definitely recommend to those who wants fingertips disposable when you need them the most. And lastly, Plantar Fasciitis is caused by tearing up the tissues, so this only helps to ease your pain but not treat the problem. For Plantar Fasciitis you have to do stretching exercises.

2.0 out of 5 stars Heat function stopped working after a month, 2 Feb 2014
Would advise against this item, after about 6 weeks the heat functions just stopped working and I really couldnt be bothered with the hassle of sending them off for repair. Patchy reliability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Jan 2014
The foot massager has helped me with my heel pain. I move my feet over the rotating massagers and it helps to relieve the pain. The heat function is very useful as well.