4.0 out of 5 stars Replacement sphyg
As a retired GP I still need my tools to examine friends so when my old Sphyg bladder burst I was looking to replace it. I was surprised to be able to buy a new complete sphyg for such a low price.I'm really pleased with its performance and I think it offers great value for money.
Published on 9 Jan 2012 by RB

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke quickly
Get a product which is more reliable. Tried this as alternative to digital bp monitor but quickly broke so avoid
Published 17 months ago by doofas

4.0 out of 5 stars Replacement sphyg, 9 Jan 2012
This review is from: Professional ANEROID SPHYGMOMANOMETER standard adult Cuff with artery indicator (Personal Care)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value for money item!, 9 Nov 2011
I'm a student midwife and really needed a sphyg for placement. This is great value for money (especially for those on a tight budget like me) and is really useful. Its really easy to use although I find that the dial face is easier to read if it is clipped onto the cuff when taking bp.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shygmomanometer, 27 Jan 2011
dave27 (Stoke-onTrent) - See all my reviews
This item is fantastic for the price, I'm a student nurse and this is just the trick for starting out. The only, very slight problem with it is the air-flow valve, which seems to be somewhat loose...so I find it a bit tricky releasing the air very gently. however, I have never used one before so this may be the case with all products and just an acquired skill. The instructions are also very clear. Great product!

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke quickly, 20 July 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, 12 Feb 2014
S. Walker "sister shawn" (Norwich, UK) - See all my reviews
Broke about the 10th time I used it. I should have spent more and got a decent sphyg. Ah well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a Med Student, 15 Nov 2011
I am a Med student and I have found this incredibly handy. The small bag that it comes with can easily fit in my purse to bring with me on placement and it is easy to operate once you get the hang of the valve.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 16 Jan 2012
The one thing I would like to say about this in particular is that the item seems to me to be extremely good value for money. It's not perfect; the valve on the pump in particular; but it's adequate and functional. I would highly recommend purchasing this item for anyone studying to become a health professional who would like to get in some practise for OSCEs or the like, especially those already in possession of a stethoscope. 5/5 for value, 4/5 for item itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 4 Dec 2014
As a first year student nurse I wanted something I could practice blood pressures with before my first placement. I expected to have to pay through the nose for a sphyg (and if I did I'd have left it) but this was a bargain and it seems to work just as well as the fancy manual ones they have in the uni for us to practice on each other with. I'm very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 Nov 2014
Good quality and perfect for learning to take manual blood pressure. Outstanding quality for the price and would recommend to any medical students who are needing to practice taking manual blood pressure. This cuff has allowed me to practice and now I can take accurate blood pressure relatively quickly :) Packaged appropriately and delivered quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great little bit of kit, 12 Sep 2014
This is a great little bit of kit. I have found that some digital BP cuffs aren't accurate especially on larger sized arms. I am a health professional and luckily know how to use a manual sphyg so have bought this instead. Works really well considering the price. Would happily recommend, especially for student purposes and budget