5.0 out of 5 stars Hi-Tec Women's Vlite Altitude Ultra Luxe Hiking Boot
Published on 5 Dec. 2010 by hw

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published on 30 May 2011 by fallen

5.0 out of 5 stars Hi-Tec Women's Vlite Altitude Ultra Luxe Hiking Boot, 5 Dec. 2010
Really pleased with these hiking boots. I've been able to put them to the test in poor weather conditions including icy surfaces and they have not let me down. They are lightweight and very comfortable to wear, even on stony and uneven ground, and have kept me warm and dry. I noticed a previous comment about the length of the laces. The laces may be a little shorter than some other boots I've owned but I can still easily tie a double knot, it stays put and I don't keep tripping over the excess.

A word about the sizing - do check the sizing information in the table when prompted. I found my size using the Euro sizing first and then the corresponding UK size. Had I not done this I would have ordered a pair that was too small for me.

The reason I went for these particular boots is that they came out as a Which? best buy. They fitted my criteria for a comfortable, sturdy, waterproof boot with good traction and I have found these claims to be justified.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Dec. 2010
L. Watson - See all my reviews
Really good and comfy boot, no need to break in, may be better with a size up to wear with walking socks. My last hi-tec boots lasted about 15 years, I'm sure these will do the same.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 30 May 2011
I am doing a Trek in Peru and got these boots as they appeared to be waterproof and comfortable. I have been walking them in and have only done around 50 miles in them yet the sole that is attached to the leather has numerous holes appearing where it isn't connected properly. I have arranged a return and am really disappointed as the boots are really comfortable and I am hoping it is just a fluke and that they will be better if I get another pair

5.0 out of 5 stars my dog walking boots, 10 Oct. 2012
I am a serious dog walker going out 3 times daily, I have had many pairs of boots over the last couple of years but always end up in my wellies because my feet start getting wet after a couple of months. After looking at which top selling walking boots I bought my hi Tec I so impressed really quick delivery, no blisters and my feet are still dry I would recommend these boots. Reasonable price and brilliant product

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but like my ASOLO better, 27 Mar. 2013
MY husband bought some of these about 18 months ago and was happy with them so I thought I would try them, as my ASOLO boots, which I have been more than happy with for years, are getting a bit worn now.( I wanted some boots that I could polish as we are always walking on muddy paths and they are easier to spruce up.)
Unfortunately when I opened to box here was a pair of boots covered in dried on mud and a little bit worn!! They were supposed to be new. Anyway, before I contacted Amazon re return I though I better try them on to check the size. They were a perfect fit at size 4.1/2. (My ASOLO are size 4) and very comfortable. But - when I laced them up I had to pull very hard to close the gap at either side of the tongue ( where water could have run in). This made them uncomfortable round the ankle (I only have slim ankles).
On my ASOLO boots the tongue has a gusset either side to enable you to get your foot in comfortably and are completely waterproof. In view of this I requested a refund rather than replacement. I think I will probably try another pair of ASOLO, unless I can find an alternative. Real shame about the tongue - it looked cheap and poorly made unlike the rest of the boot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Purchase, 3 Sept. 2013
I bought these boots after weeks of searching for comfy walking boots to replace my old Brasher superlite which sadly are now no longer comfy and new models have changed. I have a problem with ball of the foot pain and have tried numerous expensive boots all of which gave me problems after a few hours of trying them at home and I was despairing at ever finding any which suit my feet. Having bought Hi Tec trainers for years which are comfortable, I thought I would try these (although other models of Hi Tec I tried were no good for me). I am delighted to say that I have now worn them on 2 or 3 shortish (5 mile) walks and no problem. No pain and no blisters. I am so pleased to have at last found boots which are comfortable and which are suitable for winter walking. They are robust whilst being lightweight and leather. They are also fully waterproof and will be suitable for winter wet and mud (although haven't put that to the test yet)!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hi Tec V-lite walking boots, 4 Jun. 2013
J. Rose (UK) - See all my reviews
I especially looked for these boots as I have had them before. They are available in half sizes and very comfortable. Walked miles in them and no blisters. The new pair are just as comfortable as my old ones and fit is identical. These boots are waterproof, but age and too many deep scuffs got to my old ones so they are now my fair weather pair! Looking forward to dry feet with my new ones on the wet days.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not ultra comfy, 14 Nov. 2013
I love the Hi Tec brand and have had many miles out of their other boots, but wanted to try something lighter. These have proved to be waterproof, easy to lace up and not too heavy. However I have found they rub against my ankles and caused blisters. And not enough footbed support, so I'll be buying some extra footbeds to insert. As other people have said, Hi Tec shoes are generally on the small side. I'm usually a four and a half, so bought a size five and found them to be a snug fit.

4.0 out of 5 stars WALKING IN THE AIR, 20 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Hi-Tec Vlite Altitude Ultra, Women's Hiking Boots (Apparel)
I'm pleased with these walking boots. They are light ,flexible and waterproof. I have however,a problem of sore ankle bones as there is an internal seam which is exactly on my ankle bones and causes considerable discomfort. I'm hoping that as yet I've only walked about 30 miles in them,they will ease up as the boots are broken in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boot, 18 Feb. 2013
I already owned a pair of these boots so I knew how good they were when I purchased them from Amazon. I normally take a size 6 but I find that the size 6.5 are a better fit in this particular boot.

I had asked for a 6.5 at the point of purchase but Amazon sent a 7. Thinking there would'nt be much difference I accepted them and wore them but soon regretted it. I wore them for over a week. I do a lot of walking thanks to my Border Collie dog!! When Amazon first asked me to rate the boots I happened to tell them that the boots were a half size to big. Amazon were great. A rep even phoned me at home to advise that I could send them back no problem and they would send out the correct size which they did first class post. I was very impressed with their customer care. The boots are the best walking boots I've ever had. As far as I know they are a Which best buy too. I would highly recommed them.