5.0 out of 5 stars Substantial saving over Samsung parts.
This filter does indeed appear to be a genuine OEM part that is manufactured for both Whirlpool and Samsung devices, the difference being the sticker on the filter!

I use these filters in a Samsung fridge freezer. The filter fits perfectly and seems to perform as well as those with a Samsung sticker (!) but at a much reduced cost.
Published on 1 May 2011 by Honest review

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to fit compared to the OEM (Samsung) filter
This was sold as being a perfect fit for the side-by-side Samsung Fridge Freezers, but didn't fit as (for want of a better word) comfortably as the Samsung one did. Works perfectly well, no issues with its performance, but the fitting took 3 attempts before I was SURE that it was properly engaged.
Published 2 months ago by Simon

5.0 out of 5 stars Substantial saving over Samsung parts., 1 May 2011
This review is from: Wpro Genuine Samsung Internal Water Filter For Side By Sides (Misc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars The same as the Official Samsung filter, 3 Jun 2011
These filters are the same as the official Samsung filters. The Samsung filters are the exact same ones manufactured at the same place but with a Samsung label on them. These are the filters that come packaged with Whirlpool fridges. I have now used 2 of these and the water quality is great - the same as with the Samsung filter that came with my fridge (it would be, they are the same!). I have used compatible filters in the past and have noticed a sweet taste in the water so I will only get the genuine Samsung/Wpro filters from now on. Get these, they are far cheaper than the Samsung branded ones!

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied Customer, 18 July 2011
Mr. A. Hughes (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
Easy to install, and a lot cheaper than the original Samsung Water Filter. Second time I have bought this product, and will purchase my third shortly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now on my second one of these, 3 July 2013
The Fat Monk (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I held of reviewing this until I'd gone a full replacement cycle just to make sure there were no problems.

There weren't - but then again why would there be. As I understand it these are the same filters that Samsung supply. The only difference being that these are badged by the manufacturer - not re-badged and hiked in price by Samsung.

The first one I bought worked fine and now I have replaced that with a second one which has also slotted into place fine.

I notice some reviews comment on them being tight to fit - the original Samsung one that came with my fridge was also tight to fit so I don't think that's a problem with the filter in general, it just needs to be snug to remain watertight. Unless, of course, the other reviewers had faulty units.

So long as I can keep getting these at this price I will not be buying the Samsung ones for as long as I have the fridge!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 17 Feb 2013
Someone suggested this in a previous review and it is half the price of the Samsung filter. Works perfectly in my fridge freezer

5.0 out of 5 stars Why pay more?, 19 Jun 2012
Chris (Tyne and Wear UK) - See all my reviews
I am perfectly happy with this purchase. The filters are every bit as good as the ones I have bought previously at a high street store and with a significantly higher price tag. The value is brilliant. Why pay more? I will definitely purchase these again. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what was wanted, 9 Oct 2013
Arrived promptly and in good condition, what more is there to say. Should see me through for the next year or so.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 6 Oct 2013
The filter is good but the red light on the fridge is on, only 5 moth from the replacement day. I think the original lasts longer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 29 Nov 2012
fitted easily and had no issues with the water quality. Fast delivery, all in all very happy with this product

4.0 out of 5 stars It filters water, it does., 28 Aug 2012
I bought this to filter water in my fridge. it does filter the water in my fridge. i think this water filter is good a filtering water.
it is good.