5.0 out of 5 stars Great, safe car seat
Published on 20 Aug 2011 by Mrs VB

3.0 out of 5 stars Some positives, some negatives...
This car seat works really well with the Graco Quattro Sport Travel Sytem (and maybe other Graco Travel Systems as well?). It clips in and out, so you can transfer your baby between Travel System and car without disturbing them.

Published on 1 Dec 2011 by Ski_man

3.0 out of 5 stars Some positives, some negatives..., 1 Dec 2011
This review is from: Graco Junior Baby Group 0+ Car Seat (Orbit) (Baby Product)

However, we encountered the first issue when we put our newborn in the car seat. His head kept lolling forward. We even had one or two people beeping us as they were concerned! We bought some shoulder pads for the straps which helped a fair bit (we also tried neck supports, but they were too big for a newborn). The car seat was at the correct angle (which is fairly upright).

After about 4 months we ditched the Travel System and bought a stroller, but kept using the car seat for the car only. Up until that point the car seat had done its job. The next drawback we noticed was in about June time. The weather wasn't particularly warm, but our 4 month old son kept getting very warm in his seat (despite the aircon being on). After a one hour drive typically his back was soaking with sweat! We were rather concerned about this and looked into all sorts of solutions. The only thing we came up with, which did help, was to drape a muslin cloth between his back and the seat. I think the problem is caused by the 'plasticky' material that the car seat is made of - it just doesn't breathe. And there's no effective ventilation. So not pleasant during the summer, and possibility of baby overheating.

My final criticism is about adjusting the seat when they get to 6 months. For newborns there is a polystyrene wedge that goes under the cover and sits around the bum area. Like a lot of people, I guess, we'd forgotten about this. So when ours little boy reached 7 months we started to wonder why the straps were so tight. I adjusted them to make sure they were on their 'longest' setting - which was a right faff - but they were still too tight. I turned to the manual, which is informative but so detailed and written in about 20 different languages, to find out what we could do. Hidden away on page 57 (or thereabouts) in the tiny diagrams, I came across the wedge. Removing it did make the difference, though it must have been relatively fragile as I broke it in the process! Hence, we won't be able to use that seat for another newborn.

I've no reason to doubt the safety of this model, but given these flaws in the design I would look at other models if I were buying again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, safe car seat, 20 Aug 2011
Mrs VB (Gloucestershire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Graco Junior Baby Group 0+ Car Seat (Orbit) (Baby Product)
This car seat is a great buy, it is inexpensive & seems to be very safe & comfortable. The newborn headrest insert ensures baby's head is nice & comfortable while they cannot hold their head up alone, it also gives them a little bit more insulation & helps to keep them warm. The seat also allows you to soothe your baby easily as it rocks. I would definitely recommend the car seat base (Graco Junior Baby Base) as this improves the safety as it is more secure & also allows you to just click the car seat in without faffing with the seatbelt every time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 2 May 2012
This review is from: Graco Junior Baby Group 0+ Car Seat (Orbit) (Baby Product)
We've used this seat from bringing him home to 6 months so far and I can't really complain about anything. I've seen some of the other users comments regarding newborns heads leaning forward but we didn't experiance this. We'd strap him in with the head support and make sure the level indicator was blue and he'd be fine. It maybe to do with the inclanation of car seats as all cars arn't the same?

I can also see where people are coming from regarding the straps with winter clothes on but I would say the rought difference between 6 & 9 months is about 3lb and less than 2 inches in height and currently at 6 months there's plenty of room for our lad who's on the 50th percentile.

I've experianced no problems so would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, doesn't cost a fortune, 2 May 2011
This review is from: Graco Junior Baby Group 0+ Car Seat (Orbit) (Baby Product)
The seat is good value for money and doesn't seem much different from the other more expensive brands. It is easy to secure with a seatbelt or using the base. The carry handle has 3 positions and the rocking bottom is useful for soothing the baby when you have to put them down somewhere. The seat is too heavy to carry any distance, but is fine as a car seat and carrying short distances. The only complaint is that when the baby is very small the head rest is too high up for it, even on the smallest position, so head support is poor. The seat also seems to be quite upright so when our baby was small her head tended to fall forwards and wasn't supported. After a few weeks this becomes less of a problem as your baby holds their head better but in the mean time you may need to put something else around the baby's head to support it. The seat seems fairly comfortable and the baby often falls asleep in it in the car. All in all it does the job.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor head support, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Graco Junior Baby Group 0+ Car Seat (Orbit) (Baby Product)
We bought this car seat (with a base) from a store, had it correctly fitted, etc., but also had the problem reported by other reviewers - our baby's head lolled forward alarmingly when he fell asleep. The store proved unhelpful, but at least put us in touch with Graco, who were very helpful. It turned out that the seat was unsuitable for our car, despite Graco's manual saying that it was suitable. (We have a new-ish VW Golf.) To their credit, Graco have replaced the seat and base for free with their Logico seat and base, and our baby's head doesn't loll forward in the new seat (in fact he looks incredibly comfortable). However, I would suggest that anyone considering buying this seat contacts Graco directly to make sure that it's suitable for their car.

In other respects, it was a nice seat at a very reasonable price and worked very well with the travel system.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 18 May 2011
This review is from: Graco Junior Baby Group 0+ Car Seat (Orbit) (Baby Product)
very easy to fit and a good product for the price. I had a good hunt around before ordering and this one was the best out there. Very happy with it so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great car seat, great price, 16 May 2011
This review is from: Graco Junior Baby Group 0+ Car Seat (Orbit) (Baby Product)
Lovely car seat, lining very soft, can't wait to put baby in it :-) delivery was very fast and efficient. This was the cheapest place I could find to get this car seat and had been looking a while. What a bargain!

Graco Junior Baby Group 0+ Car Seat (Orbit)
Used & New from: £99.98