• Blood

Blood
Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£5.99

on 8 May 2009
Blood (Digi pack with Bonus Disc Edition)

Blood, in my opion, is by far the best release from OSI to date. Kicks off with an explosion of sound right from the off. A perfect blend of hard hitting heavy riffs to the pure ambient soundscapes that OSI do so well. All this supported by probably one of the best drummers on Earth, Gavin Harrison (if you are a drummer then you should make this a compulsory addition to your album collection as Gavin's polyrhythms and use of displacement is sheer joy to listen to).

Buy this album without hesitation.
on 18 July 2009
I haven't kept up with Kevin Moore since he left Dream Theater but as he played on all their best albums, with the exception of Scenes from a Memory, and this had the added bonus of Gavin Harrison on drums, I thought I'd give it a go. And I wasn't disappointed.
It is not as immediate as some albums and will need a few plays, but this is more than worth the wait.
The playing throughout is exceptional, as you would expect with the musicians on show with Jim Matheos of Fates Warning completing the lineup. We also have Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth guesting on the track Stockholm.
There is a great mix of rock, eletronica and samples on this disc and the overall sound ends up being a little unique, to me anyway.
Hints of Dream Theater and Porcupine Tree, obviously, but also of Kraftwerk and Tangerine Dream. This all leads to a diverse and rewarding album.
I like the way tracks effortlessly move between rock and electronic passages and it gives the album as a whole a great flow.
The bonus cd is not just throwaway stuff either with 2 other new tracks and an extended version of Terminal from the main album.
It's certainly got me wanting to explore new OSI and Kevin Moore recordings.
on 19 August 2010
The tracks are not as epic or expansive as DT, OP, PT etc..nevertheless the quality and attention to detail is there.....even my wife likes it......a metal freak!
on 29 December 2014
Excellent stuff from OSI, matching their other albums. The 2nd CD is a bit weaker than the first I suppose, but glad to have it.