5.0 out of 5 stars Remote control candles!!!
I was not to sure what to expect from these, but when they arrived, to work, they were of a very good standard, the tops look a little fake, but only if you examine them, the light it gives off is very convincing, and they are remote controlled, I can't get over how much that makes me smile, I mean, Remote controlled candles! What a decadent age we live in.

I...
Published on 25 Jan. 2011 by Mr. A. Osborne

2.0 out of 5 stars In the dark
The delivery & packaging was extremely good. The candles were attractive & realistic. But the remote control is absolutely useless & it ceased functioning in a couple of days - perhaps the company would be good enough to replace our remote.
Published 20 months ago by Frank

5.0 out of 5 stars Remote control candles!!!, 25 Jan. 2011
Mr. A. Osborne "Oxomoron" (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mooncandles - 3 Real Wax Flameless Candles with Timer and Remote Control (Kitchen & Home)

I got these as I like the light that a candle gives off, but am always forgetting to blow them out and often jump out of bed just as I am dozing off as I suddenly remember I have left the candles burning.
But with these that doesn't matter, they have a timer so even if you forget to turn them off that will kick in, and even if you forget to set it, worse that can happen in they stay on all night and slowly running down the batteries (very slowly, have had these since December and have been used most nights for about 4-5 hours per night and the batteries are still powering on).

My colleagues at work all want some now, as, they all thought that they were so cheesy and weird... but after playing around with them they all now want a set.

I will say these are not good for central table displays as you really start to notice the fact that they are not real, as like I said the tops are a little too moulded, but are perfect for corners or like me to place on high shelves to give a little atmosphere whilst watching movies, without the worry of soot/burn mark on the ceiling.

5.0 out of 5 stars A bargain (with a faint smell of vanilla), 29 Aug. 2014
Dan99 (Durham, UK) - See all my reviews
I chose this particular item because all the other flameless candles of a similar price were vanilla scented and I'm not a lover of vanilla. When they arrived, sure enough they turned out to be vanilla scented but I've still given them 5 stars because the smell is so faint it's only noticeable if I actually hold one of the candles to my nose. If they had been described as vanilla scented I think there would probably have been a lot of complaints about the lack of fragrance!

Apart from that, they work like a dream. Considering how affordable they are, they look more realistic than I expected and the remote control works well, allowing you to switch them on and off, between flickering and steady, change the brightness level or set them to turn off automatically after 4 or 8 hours. Added to the fact that they come complete with batteries I reckon they're pretty much a bargain.

2.0 out of 5 stars In the dark, 23 Sept. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we wrer looking for, 18 Jun. 2010
The candles were perfect for what we wanted as we had 2 large hurricane lamps with large glass shades and with the remote control feature lets us switch on the candles without having to remove the glass shades exellent price as the same product is up to £12 more expensive from other sellers.

5.0 out of 5 stars battery led candles, 16 July 2013
these are great and last for ages on one set of batteries . the remote works well . the sky remote also operates these candles

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Candles! Cool features! Totally recommend!, 3 Feb. 2013
I actually bought these for my A level drama production. They are a wicked piece of kit. First cool feature is that they look exactly like candles. Sometimes I do think they flicker just a tad too much, but they're really effective! They seem to be made from a wax-like material which looks really realistic, and they give off a very warm glow.

Another cool feature is that they can be operated by a remote. You can turn them off individually or together. This was really useful in our drama piece. You can also change the brightness and flicker on/off.

I really recommend these to someone looking for imitation candles. Even though they seem relatively expensive for what they are, they are completely worth the money!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 5 Oct. 2012
This was bought for a present. Fortunately I tested them first (as the distributor should have done), and found in one candle the batteries were flat. Not good enough! Wrote to Amazon and was told to replace the batteries! Could have returned the whole thing, but what a hassle.

1.0 out of 5 stars mooncandles, 6 Oct. 2014
Bad. One is already not working & on the blink Luke there's a loose connection. I've had to change batteries twice already - and I've never used them! They're not very bright & quite dull. The colour is also very yellow, more like orange. Other candles are much better.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lovely but timer doesn't work, 9 Dec. 2012
I loved these when they arrived - I even had one friend tried to "blow out" one of them they are very realistic. I have them going up the stairs in our cottage which gives a nice ambience to a dark stairway. HOWEVER, one month in and the timers dont work at all. I have bought 2 sets and had 2 timers (one in use and one spare) , neither of them are working and the candles have to be turned off individually now which is a bit of a hassle and not as advertised. They are nice but dont put them up on beams or in difficult places as you need access to them to manually switch on and off.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL!!, 6 Sept. 2012
FAMOUS NAME (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I visited a friend who'd been given a set of these, and they weren't switched on, and she approached one, switched it on whilst standing in front of it so I couldn't see (I thought she'd lit it!) and then she proceeded to control it using gestures with her hands like a magician - LOL! I was fooled!! I wasn't close enough to see that it wasn't a real candle! : - ) Having said the funny side; these candles are simply DELIGHTFUL!

First of all; I LOVE candles - but never bother buying them... (except perhaps at Christmas) I wouldn't have thought I'd have been the least interested in anything like battery candles until I saw these (just the thought of electronic candles made me `cringe'...) but these are seriously good!!

I was sold on these as I said when I visited my friend, but it didn't stop my reading all the Reviews, (and there are many!) but apart from a few who seem to have received faulty or damaged batches - which is a shame, they seem to get a pretty good feedback overall.

I received mine yesterday - they arrived extremely well-packed and protected, came complete with all the batteries you required! (two in each candle - and in the Remote) Simple and easy to follow Instruction Sheet, and I'm absolutely thrilled! The candles are really `waxy' and convincing, and even had a bit of a waxy aroma!

I can recommended these for anyone who gets stressed out, or needs to relax. I suggest you place them around the room in darkness (not too big a room) with a couch or bed, and then once lying down, switch on each candle using the Remote Control. I found to really appreciate the glow, it's best NOT to switch the candles on BEFORE turning off the main light - be sure to switch candles on AFTER having darkened the room where possible. I use the `flicker' setting, and they really, really are SO relaxing... After about thirty minutes or so, I felt I'd been asleep (yet hadn't) and felt really unwound and refreshed. If you prefer of course, you could use the `constant' setting, but I did find the flicker much more soothing for me. There's also a Timer setting control choice of between four or eight hours - pretty nifty!

Can't fault these at all - extremely well-made! At this price - a great and real bargain! I mean think of the price of all those batteries alone that come supplied...

Only had them a day - and already wouldn't part with mine for the world!

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!